I'm level +400 and I'm stuck in silver.

Competitive Discussion
Tried everything: playing with friends, playing alone, but nothing works. I've made a huge effort to escape from bronze in S7 after three seasons.

Placements S8, 1614.
Played a few more games, 1660, so far so good.

My goal for this season was to reach 1800. My highest MMR was 1720 after a 3-winstreak but then went on 2-lose streak and ended up losing 50 SR, back where I began, 1667. I knew I was doing my best in the matches, gold everything, many time spent on fire, huge kill streaks, etc.
I can make +10k of healing as Moira, and contest a point a lot of time as Dva, and get 50-70 eliminations per game. I also have 7-12 deaths per game, pretty average for my rank.

I'm sort of one trick Moira/Dva. I feel very confident while playing them, however I can play something else if my team wants.

Also, this season I've felt more positive and try to spread that positivity to my team.

But, I feel very sad since all my friends hit platinum very fast and I can't climb to gold to play with them. My only duo partner couldn't climb with me so she got her account boosted to play with a group she made.

A master friend analyzed some of my games, and he says that I should be in gold or platinum, but I think that is not true. I think I still belong to silver, but I really want to climb.

I have also a bigger problem, which is the fact I can't use my mic unless I play with friends, I'm extremely shy. I always join the voice chat but remain silent, but it doesn't affect my game at all.

I try to be friendly and positive with my teammates, I think that is the only key to feel connected to win. I usually type on the team chat when joining a comp game: "We can do it! We need to stay focused!" and many teammates feel the positivity and writes "yay!", "come on!", and usually warms up ourselves. Whenever I have a toxic teammate, I don't hear him and try to cheer him/her up so he doesn't give up. But many times I had teammates that were far beyond toxic. Last night, we lost a payload map with 0,06m remaining. Someone told another teammate to kill himself, he started to cry on the voice chat and I wanted to help, but the other person blamed me for the defeat because I didn't pick Mercy. I felt pretty upset.

Sometimes I want to keep climbing but things like this stop me from that. Should I take a break until next season?

Thanks.
Do you have any replays of your games?
Feel very sad for you; there might be few tips for you

• Increase your hero poll
  • Try to play with those heroes who can solo carry the team and preferably have self healing ability
  • Switch between heroes during game if it is need
  • Last but not the least change start with fresh account
From what I can see on your profile you are simply not playing enough (4h in ranked). QP is useless you do not learn anything from it.

Improvement is the return on your investment of time. Give yourself a goal in terms of time and forget your SR. For instance, set yourself the goal of having 50hrs played in competitive before the end of the season.

Sorry but there is not short way around it, if you really wanna improve.
02/16/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Asheen
From what I can see on your profile you are simply not playing enough (4h in ranked). QP is useless you do not learn anything from it.

Improvement is the return on your investment of time. Give yourself a goal in terms of time and forget your SR. For instance, set yourself the goal of having 50hrs played in competitive before the end of the season.

Sorry but there is not short way around it, if you really wanna improve.

Great idea tho.
Should I also join custom games where I can practise 2-2-2? Or they're useless?

02/16/2018 01:57 AMPosted by BattleOoze

[ul]
  • Increase your hero poll
  • [li]Try to play with those heroes who can solo carry the team and preferably have self healing ability

Well, Moira is my option at the moment. I feel I'm doing pretty well with her. However I recognized a common mistake I have as her, that is running out of the healing spray fast. It once costed me a game.
    You are where you belong.

Advice from community- Improve yourself daily, learn from mistakes.

GLHF
    Are you on EU? add me so i can spectate some of your gameplay?
    Do you have footage of your gameplay you could upload?
    I bet it's poor decision making holding you down. DVA/moira should be able to hard carry down there.
    I see you played just 25 games - don't expect to skyrocket whole tier in such short period of times.

I checked your stats - youe Moira isn't very good. I see you die a bit too often (considering how great she is at disengage and escape). Your healing is quite low (tho healings in general are not that high in lower ELO, because there is not that much incoming damage duo to erratic team plays and not impressive dps players - yet it's still low).

I played this season nearly all games with Moira and went from 1540 to 2003, giving you stat comparison so you get rough idea what you should aim for with a hero at similar ELO for it to work out for you.

https://www.overbuff.com/compare/pc-Fiotality-1854,pc-Outcast-21168?mode=competitive&hero=moira

You D.Va stats wise looks quite good and it reflects in winrate (well dmg blocked is a bit low - maybe you should use matrix more wisely to protect your teamates - especially from ults like Phara's, Reaper's, Roadhog's etc... Maybe it's good idea to stick more with D.Va rather than Moira.

Hope that helps you out, good luck mate and don't give up.
    This isn't to insult low level players, but I honestly think most people below GM don't know how to play Moira. I've seen even Master players that main Moira do terribly bad with her. She is just the hardest support hero to play because of the massive game sense required to play her.

Moira is literally a dps healer so you have to pay attention to both the enemy and your team's health. I'm not saying you should give up on her, just saying that you're not at the mechanical or game sense level to play her even decently well. So you're going to struggle a lot as you continue to practice her.
    Try playing moira or pharah
    It took me about 50 games to get from 1700 to 2000. Team up. Moira and D.Va are good, but common picks, you'd do well to add another hero or two, Junkrat and Orisa come in handy and aren't too mechanically difficult to get value out of.
    Ah, why scare low players with famous "only chosen ones know how to play [x]" line.
    The only thing one should know is how to win. As long as you win more than you lose at [x] rank, you're doing it right. She's nowhere around "hardest support" and is practically ez mode support compared to Ana or Zen, probably on Lucio's lvl.

If we follow your logic, no silver or bronze ranked players are allowed to play overwatch at all, because their mechanical and game sense levels are lacking :)

OP, from your stats it seems you simply lack aim/movement/awarness skills, like other players at your rank. Its hard to adress any Moira-specific problems because basically every stat is bad - damage is low, healing is low, deaths are high, ult usage is bad. You should record a match or two of whatever you think was a close game, and post the link for it. Then people can point out common mistakes you made there.
    I've literally been trying to hit gold all night and the highest I've been is 1995. It's the most frustrating thing. I've been climbing pretty well. I've gone up almost 1000 SR from 2 seasons but I just can't seem to break that 2000 SR wall.

I think my hero pool is pretty good. I play D.va and if we need a healer I will play Moira or Mercy. I'm not a big fan of playing DPS.
    youve only played 4 hours this season. you likely arent going to skyrocket out of your rank in

Games Played 25

your dva stats? why arent you picking that more often? 100% winrate after 2 hours playing and 6.3:1 k/d? what even are those stats.

i didnt look close at your other stats so i dont know if they are bad or if you should be doing something different but from the two stats i posted you should be exploring where dva will take your rank more thoroughly. Im not saying give up moira or dont try to play other things but dva seems like maybe one of your strongest characters.

Also you have put a lot of time into QP why are you scared to take some of the characters you have learned into comp? Anything you have over 10 hours playing should be viable enough to use in comp.

finally. dont be afraid to be in voice. big middle finger to anyone ruining your fun time. dont be afraid. Its going to be horrible sometimes. its also going to be great sometimes.
    02/16/2018 04:49 AMPosted by BOO
    Ah, why scare low players with famous "only chosen ones know how to play [x]" line.
    The only thing one should know is how to win. As long as you win more than you lose at [x] rank, you're doing it right. She's nowhere around "hardest support" and is practically ez mode support compared to Ana or Zen, probably on Lucio's lvl.

If we follow your logic, no silver or bronze ranked players are allowed to play overwatch at all, because their mechanical and game sense levels are lacking :)

OP, from your stats it seems you simply lack aim/movement/awarness skills, like other players at your rank. Its hard to adress any Moira-specific problems because basically every stat is bad - damage is low, healing is low, deaths are high, ult usage is bad. You should record a match or two of whatever you think was a close game, and post the link for it. Then people can point out common mistakes you made there.

Zen is easy, Anna is harder only on sleep dart and made toss, but decision making is simple. Like I said, from what I've seen, even master main Moiras suck at her. Now that's objectively true based on what I've seen. That may not be your case, but from what I've seen Moira players in general suck, not the Hero, but the player. She is extremely strong when played by someone that's capable, I still think she is the hardest support healer to play well. Well the argument could be made between Moira and Anna, but I think that at a lower skill the decision to switch between DPs and healing is harder for them to make instead of just healing.
    You automatically get bumped to Gold when you get the gold portrait border. Just keep playing and buying loot boxes!
    02/16/2018 08:05 AMPosted by Reebot
    You automatically get bumped to Gold when you get the gold portrait border. Just keep playing and buying loot boxes!

This is hilarious because I got climbed out of bronze after I hit silver border
    I have been down to Silver and back up to Plat every single Season except this Season.

The way I got out of Silver and up to Plat was mostly playing Zen and DVA. In most matches that we won I had to have at least 55% or higher kill participation to stand a chance. I usually had 4 Golds (Elims, Obj Kills, Damage, Healing) and average 50% - 60% kill participation. If I was playing Zen I used my ULT to counter enemy ULT's. If I played DVA I used my shield a lot more than most players and also to counter enemy ULT's. If you can eat a Zaria, Mei, Pharrah or McRee ULT's then that is a game changer.

For Zen call out discords on the enemy so they get focused by your team. If you see a player on your team get into a 1:1 with the enemy then put a healing orb on them and discord their enemy so they have a better chance at winning. Save your ULT to counter enemy ULT's. You can keep your team from being killed by Pharrah, Mei, Soldier, Reaper, Zaria, and others with Zen's ULT.

Don't waste the Zen ULT to save yourself from being killed. For example, if a DVA bomb comes in and kills three players on your team then you may be tempted to use your Zen ULT to save yourself from the bomb. The problem is that now its 3 vs 6 and you no longer have your ULT which means that Soldier, Reaper, Zaria or Pharrah can easily use their ULT without worrying about you being able to counter them.

However, in lower ranks I have seen the Soldier on my team who had a healing orb on him lose and die to a low health enemy soldier who was discorded. So if you see that then shoot at the enemy to help your Soldier if possible.

Call out enemy locations. Don't assume that everyone on your team knows where all of the enemies are. Call it out telling your team through your mic that there is a pharrah above us, a lucio on the payload, a hanzo behind us, a reaper who just teleport to the roof above us and he probably has his ULT so be ready.

Make sure you have kill feed enabled. When you are killed by a Rein you can see if he has his ULT. When you re-spawn tell your team that the enemy Rein has his ULT. The next fight your in you will see the enemy Rein trying to get in close to your team looking to pop his ULT. Don't assume your team knows this. Tell your team that the enemy Rein is trying to get close because he has his ULT.

Encourage your team to group up with your Mic and using the in game voice commands. I know in lower ranks they like to go free for all but reminders to group up and attack together as a team will give you better chances agaist the enemy than going in 1 or 3 at a time.
    outa curiosity, what are your sensitivity settings? how much fps do you get and where are your graphics settings at?
    02/16/2018 09:00 AMPosted by CapitLancer
    outa curiosity, what are your sensitivity settings? how much fps do you get and where are your graphics settings at?

I play with 2400 dpi but I use the default sensivity in-game settings. I usually get 30% weapon accuracy as Dva (when attacking on a very short range I try focus my crosshair over heads) and 60% as Moira. Sometimes I try to kill a high enemy and I can't keep my beam locked on.

My graphics settings, since I have an old graphics card (a 750ti), I run everything low, 100% render scale, 1280×768 - 16:9, and borderless window (compared to fullscreen, I can see more detailed models and the red outline doesn't look that thick so helps me a lot). I locked the game to 60 fps.