Dying in unlucky ways?

General Discussion
When I played Tracer all the time I couldn't tell you how many times I blinked into a projectile and died.
02/16/2018 02:12 PMPosted by siennarena
and fell on the bench to the side, as if she was laying down sleeping. I actually recorded it. Just need to make it into a gfycat.

Definetely need to see this.

anyway, my dumb way of dying was attaching a pulse bomb onto a full health D.va, then getting out of the way... When my roadhog pulls the D.va by me via hook and the pulse bomb goes off right then and there...
I was running as sombra invisible on lijiang gardens across the bridge when a pharah used her concussive blast to boop herself up, not even trying to knock anyone else away. She ended up killing me and our hog and got POTG from it. Probably the funniest death I’ve ever had.
Used guardian angel to avoid a Rein charge and my allied Lucio boops the Rrein changing his direction and he pins me....
Get demeched when you're with the back facing the well in Ilios. That's pretty unfortunate.
Faded away to avoid a Reinhardt charge, yet still ended up getting pinned regardless haha
02/16/2018 01:23 PMPosted by MiceOnMars
I don’t know how some of these things happen but any of you die in super unlucky ways that can almost seem to unlikely. Or just so dumb ?

Most of these happened when I was invis with Sombra. I was running behind a Winston and he turns around and turns on his Tesla gun instantly making me visible and then started to kill me. In the death cam it shows him try destroying his own widows poison trap and continue to try shooting it then I run by and his gun auto shoots me .

Another time I almost felt like this was too impossible, but we are on Anubis and defending, their team is outside the point A enterance and I was invis going to run outside to hack the health packs. The team had no Hanzo or widow to uncover me yet a Roadhog manages to hook me. I was completely invisible since it takes a second to go invis and on the replay shows the hog just randomly hooking into the air, then grabs me, like was he just testing out his hook at the air or was he expecting someone to just come through the enterance...

What are some unlucky or dumb ways you have died?

Not me, but this guy gets my vote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MuycbUAEN7M

/thread.
If I had a cent for every time I died in an unlucky way, I'd be a millionaire by now... lol
Not to me but I was playing widow when I accidentally over flick shot and hit a soldier in the head instead of the mercy boosting him :P
The typical accidentally throwing my concussive mine right over the edge in Nepal and not stop my jump thus following it down to my death.
This happened around at least a month ago. I was playing Total Mayhem on Kings Row as Doomfist and I used rocket punch and accidentally went into the line of a Reinhardt charge. I was laughing myself to death because of it.
When Rein targeted D.va, somehow bounced her out of the way and hit me with his pin.

Zen also cross mapped me with alt fire, missing someone completely and hit my when I appeared in front of a doorway.

Also got head shot cross mapped by Torbs Rivet gun.

This all happened in 1 week.
Guardian Angel flying away from D.Va bomb only to get stuck at the top of a doorway due to the incline and killed anyway.
When playing Moira and you are engaged in a skirmish with someone.

You fade sideways... clever dodge! (falls off map)

>:(

I threw a damage orb at a genji right as our Zarya ulted... tword the genji...

Of course both came flying back at our team and trapping 5 of us in our own Grav.

My orb slowly made its way back right as the enemy Moira threw her damage orb at us. Watching 2 balls melt us was not pretty.

The kill feed showed "Elminster assist Teamkilling 4 people including myself"
I blink into plants and other excitement stuff alot and get stuck when retreating as tracer alot more than I would like to
I die WAY too much by walking backwards after I go back to my translocator.....I should probably stop putting it on edges RIP
02/16/2018 01:23 PMPosted by MiceOnMars
I don’t know how some of these things happen but any of you die in super unlucky ways that can almost seem to unlikely. Or just so dumb ?

Most of these happened when I was invis with Sombra. I was running behind a Winston and he turns around and turns on his Tesla gun instantly making me visible and then started to kill me. In the death cam it shows him try destroying his own widows poison trap and continue to try shooting it then I run by and his gun auto shoots me .

Another time I almost felt like this was too impossible, but we are on Anubis and defending, their team is outside the point A enterance and I was invis going to run outside to hack the health packs. The team had no Hanzo or widow to uncover me yet a Roadhog manages to hook me. I was completely invisible since it takes a second to go invis and on the replay shows the hog just randomly hooking into the air, then grabs me, like was he just testing out his hook at the air or was he expecting someone to just come through the enterance...

What are some unlucky or dumb ways you have died?

Yes this is an alt account of mine, so excuse the low level.
Onto the worst...
Being sniped by a Genji who was deflecting a Hanzo/Widowmaker shot on your team...and I'm not playing Hanzo or Widow...
...Or simply being killed because your incompetent teammates didn't stop shooting that deflecting Genji
Recalling into my own pulse bomb as Tracer
Backing into an obstacle/wall on the map during a fight and continuing to move backwards as if I'll miraculously fade into the wall
Being hooked and dropped into the Illios Well...as Pharah...
Being randomly sniped by a Hanzo blind-firing into your grouped up team
Any time I'm killed by a Junkrat
Being killed when I get back into my mech as D.Va because trying to do so during that intense team fight was DEFINITELY a good idea...
having a tracer stick a pulse bomb to your teams winston and he jumps right into the group killing us all.

and a stupid way i killed a pharah as symmetra by throwing my shield at her when she ulted and she killed herself on the shield.
Oh you haven't lived until you've accidentally hooked a JR tire to you, cept me, I didn't live long after.