Why is Role Select Not a Thing

General Discussion
Role select / role preference does not have to lock you into a particular role.

All it means is that you're willing to play a particular role, which would be a step in the right direction alleviate some of the problems with instalock dps that are unwilling to switch.

02/17/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Solex
The real reason some people don’t want a role select system is it would mean longer q times for DPS, since more people want to play DPS than are needed.

Longer queues might make instalock dps explore support / tank options to reduce queue times, which would help the game imo.
02/17/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Dubious

All it means is that you're willing to play a particular role, which would be a step in the right direction alleviate some of the problems with instalock dps that are unwilling to switch.

02/17/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Solex
The real reason some people don’t want a role select system is it would mean longer q times for DPS, since more people want to play DPS than are needed.

Longer queues might make instalock dps explore support / tank options to reduce queue times, which would help the game imo.
DPS players who queue in as support/tank will just pick DPS, not what they queued for.

If the world worked like that...people would realize standing to see the Parades is actually detrimental to literally everyone else behind them causing those people behind them to stand and so on.

People don't CARE about that, they care about themselves. They wanna do what they wanna do...
02/17/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Honchkrow
Everyone touched on how it kills innovation.

• I'll talk about how it kills queue times.

• HAVE YOU EVER EVEN MET A TANK MAIN IN GAME!? I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE! ONLY PEOPLE WHO FILL OUT OF CIRCUMSTANCE/NEED!

........Slowly raises hand.........
    02/17/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Natorian
    02/17/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Honchkrow
    Everyone touched on how it kills innovation.

• I'll talk about how it kills queue times.

• HAVE YOU EVER EVEN MET A TANK MAIN IN GAME!? I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE! ONLY PEOPLE WHO FILL OUT OF CIRCUMSTANCE/NEED!

........Slowly raises hand.........
    *Quickly raises hand because there is no shame in being a tank main*

LOLLLLL. That's not what they'll do. DPS Mains will queue as Supports/Tanks and still instalock DPS.