Roadhog 1 shot

General Discussion
02/18/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Fireboy769
02/18/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Jask
I'm offended Reaper can oneshot most of the hero roster, but I don't see any complaints about that. Funny how Roadie always gets thrown under the bus.

*twoshot, but close enough. It's pretty stupid double standards that one guy with a shotgun shouldn't be doing a ton of damage and potentially one-shot but the other guy with shotguns should.

One of them has a lot more health than the other with stronger self-healing and has the ability to pull enemies to him or attack them at a distance with an alternate fire.

Saying all shotguns should be equal is like saying Torb's hammer should be just as powerful as Reinhardt's.
02/18/2018 07:48 PMPosted by FupDup
02/18/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Fireboy769
*twoshot, but close enough. It's pretty stupid double standards that one guy with a shotgun shouldn't be doing a ton of damage and potentially one-shot but the other guy with shotguns should.

One of them has a lot more health than the other with stronger self-healing and has the ability to pull enemies to him or attack them at a distance with an alternate fire.

Saying all shotguns should be equal is like saying Torb's hammer should be just as powerful as Reinhardt's.

That still doesn't mean his shotgun should do piss-poor damage, according to all these whiners who don't like Roadhog still doing high damage (150 max, even more with crit). It's a shotgun. Doing high damage is pretty much a requirement. (and for the record, Torbjorn's hammer actually did do the same amount of damage as Reinhardt's hammer pre-hammer-swing-buff-and-nerf)
I'm offended Reaper can oneshot most of the hero roster, but I don't see any complaints about that. Funny how Roadie always gets thrown under the bus.

Do you know the distance at which reaper oneshots heroes? I’m not saying your issue with hog being thrown under the bus is wrong, but no one complains about reaper doing that because he has to be point blank (<1m) to one shot.
02/18/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Sauce
I dont care when he does this to any hero but when Im playing Reaper this shouldnt be a thing. The very hero I counter shouldnt be able to 1 shot combo me
As a hog main in Masters, I actually agree, Reaper needs buffs.
02/18/2018 08:41 PMPosted by ƁȊƓchungus
This guy is committing treason against his own kind
His nerf worked perfectly. You can't just press shift and hold click for easy kills now. It takes skill to one shot now, and it is still possible.
02/18/2018 08:54 PMPosted by SǾMBRUH
02/18/2018 08:41 PMPosted by ƁȊƓchungus
This guy is committing treason against his own kind

No, he's not. Everyone with a brain thinks that Reaper needs to be buffed. He's an F-tier hero. But nobody with a brain thinks that Blizzard should nerf a balanced hero just because a throw pick can't kill him.
02/18/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Jæk
His nerf worked perfectly. You can't just press shift and hold click for easy kills now. It takes skill to one shot now, and it is still possible.

I’m not going to say hog is overpowered bc he isn’t. I may have 184 hours on reaper, but I have quite a few on hog ( about a quarter of the time on reaper). To successfully kill reaper with one shot, you have to land the hook step forward before he wraith forms and then shoot ( harder than it sounds). If you bring him in and don’t do this, you will get mowed. If he uses wraith form and you miss your hook, the hog is at an advantage funny enough. Hook’s cooldoen starts immediately, wraith form does not. Also right click as hog deals enough damage to whittle down a reaper at plat or below ( most of the player base). The reason why up to plat is due to the mentality of not chasing targets out of position ( a retreating reaper is an easy kill even for a reaper).
02/18/2018 07:45 PMPosted by NordBigD
02/18/2018 07:43 PMPosted by jedc22
I actually got one shot by reaper as moira just tonight.I faded by him, he turned to shoot me and just like that, pointing chest level is somehow a headshot for almost 500 damage.

1 shot moira 500 damage what that sentence just sounds so stupid

oh look, someone who doesn't know what the word exaggeration means. yes I know reaper does 140 per shot (280 dps given how many pellets hit and whatnot) and a headshot would be 280. you must be one of those people who only opens his mouth to troll, huh?
Reaper vs road is a skill match up tbh. You bait hook he's free ult charge. He baits your wraith form before using hook, you're pretty much done.
You can't compare the two AT ALL ,reaper needs to be pointblank to do it and his means of closing the gap are hilariously bad.
02/18/2018 07:39 PMPosted by Bard
He is supposed to counter Reaper.

Reaper is not supposed to counter all 6 tank category heroes.

However Roadhog has been gutted and if you still die to him as Reaper you're just bad.

No he's not. Depending on who plays what, they counter each other.

Reaper easily has the kit to make Roadhog feel like he's his !@#$%. Reaper practically forces him to ignore all else but the Reaper in the room.

With that said, never attempt to take on the Roadhog in a range battle as Reaper, you have to work on baiting that hook and starting the fight up close and personal. Reload when the Hog heals himself and just shred him.

For the record, Hog does not one shot Reaper. He needs to shoot you first, then hook, then dead.