Don't "Fix" the Moira "Bug"

General Discussion
You know, the "known bug" where her primary heal goes through barriers. We don't need a close-range Ana that's completely useless against barrier comps.

inb4 "Orbs still go through." Nah, 300 healing, un-targeted, and split between up-to 6 players on a 6 second cooldown isn't going to cut it.
Agreed. It's a pain enough to heal when you absolutely must change and play healer, I've done it enough.

The whole "Can I offer you an orb in this trying time" mentality can just... I'm not sure the rest of that is safe for these forums, lmao. You get my point.
Is the bug for your team barrier or enemy barrier and if it is your enemy which enemy barrier is blocking you.
I doubt it's a bug. They're just putting it like that to cover a nerf. The healing going through barriers is consistent with other friendly abilities going through barriers.
Is the bug that it doesn’t heal through a barrier or that the orbs go through barriers and then heal?

I can understand if it doesn’t heal THROUGH a barrier
Moira isn't supposed to be able to heal through a barrier.

The issue they have to solve is a friendly aoe ability interaction with a shield.
They literally said upon release moira's healing goes through shields.

I don't know why they would advertise a "bug" as a part of her core mechanic.
You can just walk through the barrier if it's that big of a deal ,It's not like you're easily killed ,or just have your team walk out of it.

It's really not as big of an issue as you make it out to be.
02/19/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Alhaitham
You can just walk through the barrier if it's that big of a deal ,It's not like you're easily killed ,or just have your team walk out of it.
How often do you play against dive? Through/in the barrier is not where you want to be and it's not as easy as just walking out. You walk out, they stay in and get free damage until bubble is gone.

You go ahead and play 2cp vs Orisa and Winston. Rein and Winston. Any of those and tell me how you feel.
02/19/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Equinox
I doubt it's a bug. They're just putting it like that to cover a nerf. The healing going through barriers is consistent with other friendly abilities going through barriers.

It was in the report when she was still on the PTR. It’s a bug.
02/19/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Equinox
I doubt it's a bug. They're just putting it like that to cover a nerf.
It's been on the list since she was PTR, though I doubt they'll fix it until they think she needs a nerf.
02/19/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Taikichi

Wait they did?
02/19/2018 03:59 PMPosted by SilentStorm
02/19/2018 11:42 AMPosted by Taikichi

Wait they did?

No. They advertised her ult healing through barriers. Easy misunderstanding.
Part of me says barriers are there to stop the enemy attacks AND heals while another part says it's a nice feature.

Maybe find a balance like reduce the healing by 50% on people hit though a barrier? I donno.

Over all I think Moira is balance right now.
02/19/2018 03:43 PMPosted by BlindXChaos
02/19/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Alhaitham
How often do you play against dive? Through/in the barrier is not where you want to be and it's not as easy as just walking out. You walk out, they stay in and get free damage until bubble is gone.

You go ahead and play 2cp vs Orisa and Winston. Rein and Winston. Any of those and tell me how you feel.
I have ,and your teammates should just walk out the barrier or you should push with them ,you have an amazing escape ability and a healing orb ,and a you have nothing to worry about.
As a shield tank player, I think maybe I should be able to block her healing off. Why should a non-shield tank be able to rush past my shield as Reinhardt/Orisa and get rewarded with possible full pocket healing Moira too? How is that risk to reward? Make me decide if I should swing or shield and just tank the damage with the idea my team can kill them off.
Make the other non-shield tanks decide if they should attack with the risk of low to no healing or break down the shield first.

IMO, again bias as a shield tank player of course, but I SHOULD be able to zone off a healer on a payload and stop them from being able to just spam the payload to heal their team. It adds another layer to the game play for the shield based tanks, not everything is about just one hero ya know.