I don't understand how Tracer players struggle against Moria

General Discussion
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Nope. One tick of her damaging orb is a third of Tracer's life.

True but that's not a big deal in the 1v1. Tracer still out DPS's her even with her biotic grasp healing. That's why it's better to use a healing orb in a 1v1 against a Tracer. Not a damage orb.

Also.. I can't stress enough how important Recall is in this fight. It's the main reason along with her engaging first for the reason she has the clear advantage.

The average 34% competitive accuracy on Tracer says otherwise. She doesn't one clip people nearly as often as people thinks she does. Moira doesn't have to worry about accuracy nearly as much. Cut that 240 down to around 81.6 and you have a more accurate number. This is why people think Tracer is op is they assume 100% accuracy all the time. That's just not the case.
One thing I realized about players who duel Moira is that they still strafe and jump as if to avoid damage. All this does is throw off your own aim since Moira has a very forgiving LMB. It's actually better to just get right in her face and spray her down putting all your focus on damage dealing and aim.
02/19/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Deprece
With over 60 hours on Tracer (drop in the ocean), my 1v1 duels with Moira are some of the most fun ones in the game for me, because they're actually challenging and feel rewarding.

Killing a Moira as Tracer isn't something I would call "easy" and actually takes complete focus and good aiming/tracking to 2 clip her. If you manage to one clip her, you either have god like aim with Tracer or Moira is simply standing still. It's not as easy as you make it seem.

Also, you have to take in to account that Moira has a phase shift, life steal, orbs and crazy reach. She is the most dangerous healer to duel for Tracer by far.

Yes the odds are slightly in Tracer favor when they duel, I would say maybe 60/40 in Tracer's corner. It's a nice balance and I always feel accomplished after killing an enemy Moira because I feel I earned the kill.

She only has an orb

Well, actually she has her teleshift movement, life steal, multi purpose orbs, and she has way more reach than Tracer too, but yes a good Tracer with good aim can definitely get the upper hand if she gets the jump on Moira and manages to empty a whole clip in to her, again, good aim pertaining.

Let me ask you, do you have any videos or games online that you know where a good Tracer beat out a good enemy Moira 9/10?
when you start playing with good healers who heal each other when needed. it's hard. and you would prob need help trying to kill them
One thing you gotta remember about moira is she heals herself while dealing 50dps.

Which means she can potentially kill tracer in Three seconds. Even faster if she uses her orb.
Well, Tracer is the squishiest hero in the game and Moira's damage is really reliable. She can't rely on Moira missing like she can with pretty much any other hero. You'll exhaust your blinks and recalls really quickly, and Moira can chase you down surprisingly well.

Still, this is Tracer we're talking about. It's probably a 50/50 matchup, and better odds than Genji.
Because they're used to supports being easy kills ever since Ana could no longer two shot Tracer.

I never EVER see soldier, McCree, or pharah mains complain about Moira; only tracer and genji mains.
02/19/2018 05:49 PMPosted by JoshuaAmaron

True but that's not a big deal in the 1v1. Tracer still out DPS's her even with her biotic grasp healing. That's why it's better to use a healing orb in a 1v1 against a Tracer. Not a damage orb.

Also.. I can't stress enough how important Recall is in this fight. It's the main reason along with her engaging first for the reason she has the clear advantage.

The average 34% competitive accuracy on Tracer says otherwise. She doesn't one clip people nearly as often as people thinks she does. Moira doesn't have to worry about accuracy nearly as much. Cut that 240 down to around 81.6 and you have a more accurate number. This is why people think Tracer is op is they assume 100% accuracy all the time. That's just not the case.

That's 34% throughout the game including the midfight. You should blink close to a Moira, who has no idea you are about to be there, and fire 34% accuracy at her. I'm not saying you are a one clipping God. However, you should AT LEAST get her dangerously close to death in the first mag unless she phases quickly. Even then. That ability is down and you have 2 blinks, the third blink that recovers faster than her phase and recall. There is no way that fight isn't in your favor unless she gets help.
The duel weighs more on tracer's skill than Moira's.

However Zenyatta and Ana weigh more on their skill than tracers.

Moira has very little out-play potential. She simply sets a win condition by existing and it's tracer's job to overcome that. However with ana and zenyatta. Tracer sets a win condition and Zenyatta has to overcome it with the sick dinks or ana with the sleep dart.
As a Moira player. Fighting--

A good Tracer:
7/10 Tracer eliminates me. The other times I hold out long enough that my team drives her away. It's an uphill battle with her even with, "an OP support."

A bad Tracer:
They waste all their Blinks attempting to reach the back lines. After 2 reloads and only 60% of my HP gone they recall. Throw orb, latch for more heal juice and return to healing. They only get me when they pulse bomb suicide mission when my fade is on cooldown.
I'm clearly not.
I bait out the fade and Peel her from distance before shooting close range
Lots of theory craft, but let's see it in practice. Moira is meta right now so you should be able to reach t500 easily, yes? In fact, lots of support heroes are even weaker than her so it doesn't matter which healer red team uses. Your Tracer should be unstoppable!
They don't

They just see Moira as a harder hero to kill but still isn't too hard but they can't fathom having a hero any where near the level of having a chance at beating tracer being balanced so they cry
02/19/2018 06:55 PMPosted by GribbyGrubb
Lots of theory craft, but let's see it in practice. Moira is meta right now so you should be able to reach t500 easily, yes? In fact, lots of support heroes are even weaker than her so it doesn't matter which healer red team uses. Your Tracer should be unstoppable!

I'm talking in a pure 1v1 situation. Moira is a support. Teammates should peel for her. If you think me being able to beat Moria with Tracer in 1v1 will rise me to Top 500 then your crazy. That or your sarcasm doesn't help the case at all
Depends if you are in a small room or not.