Reinhardt Quality of Life Change: Cancel Charge

General Discussion
I love Reinhardt but I feel part of his kit "Charge" is underutilized or rather often a detriment and not a boon to your team. It takes us too deep or too far past our team if we miss.

Sometimes we slide off walls or start to go towards an edge with no recourse. Like D'va I would like to be able to cancel my charge if I realize it was a bad decision or even to use it to engage better by stopping in front of the enemy and canceling could do that.

Let me know what you think or if you have more ideas to make Reinhardt more dynamic.
While I would love that, I feel that his ult height needs to come back :(
I would like that too!
SEEMS like a buff
I agree with your points, also it would give him a way to achieve enviro kills and the more ways to do that the better. :) They are just so much fun.

Just something to think about since you brought this up, but teaming a Rein with a (off-tanking) Mei is a great way to mitigate charge distance and increase charge kill possibilities. Rein's pin is a perfect way to finish off enemies a friendly Mei has isolated with her wall.

I don't play Mei a ton, but when I did the other day, our Rein was pinning against my wall about 1 out of every 3 times I threw it up. It was pretty fantastic!
This wouldn't be a quality of life change. It would be a buff.
I'd rather leave his charge alone. Good Reinhardt players know how to use his charge to great effect. If you are YOLO charging into the enemy team, or off cliffs, then you might be Crusading wrong.

*edit* and if a charge cancel came at the price of reducing his charge damage, you can count me out right now. No way!
Personally I'm happy with the Negatives of Charge
That being said can we PLEASE finally FIX the hitbox

you should never not get pinned when you get caught in a hallway the size of Reinhardt as he's charging down it
02/15/2018 01:58 PMPosted by SirRender
Personally I'm happy with the Negatives of Charge
That being said can we PLEASE finally FIX the hitbox

you should never not get pinned when you get caught in a hallway the size of Reinhardt as he's charging down it

I swear it's always Reaper who bounces off XD
That would be a good change for rein to be able to cancel charge. I'd even be ok with a 20% damage reduction during charge for him.
I'm down for this.

Would love to see Rein charge at an enemy Rein, bait out the counter-charge, cancel his charge, and then punish with Earthshatter.

He should come to a screeching halt when he cancels and slide on the ground for a bit, though.
The best qol is changing block to first person view when blocking high. I cant see !@#$ looking up rein’s crotch
D.Va can cancel her boost because she can't stun an enemy and deal 300 damage to them with it.

The devs have stated that Rein's Charge is an "all-in" ability, similar to Reaper's Wraith Form. It's powerful, but requires you to commit to it. Not being able to stop is an intentional part of Charge's design and balancing.
02/15/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Gaze
D.Va can cancel her boost because she can't stun an enemy and deal 300 damage to them with it.

The devs have stated that Rein's Charge is an "all-in" ability, similar to Reaper's Wraith Form. It's powerful, but requires you to commit to it. Not being able to stop is an intentional part of Charge's design and balancing.

If it is intentional I think they should re-evaluate it with all the new stuff that has come out. The charge is so slow it's for more punishable than punishing in my opinion. Maybe at least if they would increase the speed or maneuverability to connect it would be OK.
Balance changes are not quality of life.

Charge is an ability players should commit to.
This is a buff, not a quality of life change. The point of the charge is it's manly af and you don't stop. While it might be a decent change, don't call it quality of life.
Wait didn't jeff say this ability was one of those "I'm all in" abilities? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe jeff specifically used this ability to show how some abilities like reaper wraithing should not be able to be canceled. I'm sorry, and as a part time rein main, this will probably never happen
ReinHart needs some love and being able to stop on charge will promote more skilled timing and utility. No more blind Kamikaze.

I also think though that Reinhart charge bug should be fix. Like if Reinhart charges passes Doomfist. Doomfist punches a Reinhart in the back. Magically some how Doomfist gets suck up in Reinhart butt and pushed into the front of him to be pinned...

Anybody in fact touching Reinhart's back when he charges, magically teleports you in front of him...
02/15/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Gaze

Oh, someone beat me to it... woops
The charge length has several purposes:
1. Can be used to get to the point in a hurry when exiting spawn
2. Can be used to signify that your team has a bad Rein when they charge with no thought of the consequences.

It needs to stay as is.
It can still be an "all or nothing" ability if Rein comes to a screeching halt from the cancel and has to struggle to stop himself, as momentum would do. All the while being vulnerable.

It's not like you'd hit Shift again and he'd just pop back into shield stance with a 0 frame animation. You jokers need to have a little imagination.