The change to displayed rank (losing it when you rank down)

Competitive Discussion
Is it just so we can’t see how many smurfs are in our games?

OW isn’t above artificially altering our perception. Remember when we were placed artificially lower to give the appearance of climbing?

What if (making it so that when you rank down, your displayed rank also goes down) was just about making it so that we can’t see how bad the smurfing is right now?

*tinfoil hat*
I don't think you know what a smurf is.

The change is a good thing IMO. It should reflect their current rank. People tend to freak out when they see people at higher ranks in their game but really they are lower because either they got carried to a high rank or got a lucky win streak.
Smurfing is when you intentionally get matched against inferior players to grief them by just completely wrecking them, right?

I’m saying that there are probably more players with diamond season high in silver right now than usual, or that at the very least, that we could have been able to see this with the previous system.
Bump
You can still check, if someone is performing seemingly 'too' well you can just check their career profile and previous seasons.
02/16/2018 02:01 AMPosted by GENJIASS
You can still check, if someone is performing seemingly 'too' well you can just check their career profile and previous seasons.

I know the data is there. It’s about perception. Before, the data was made plainly available.

I still think it’s about manipulating perception, but probably more about preventing the toxicity from when someone truly has gone down in rank and people rag on them for it.