GG Blizzard

Competitive Discussion
Thanks for the 700 SR drop in the last 5 days. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with match maker.

You couldn't design a fair competitive match system if you're life depended on it.
Rip. I lost like 300 on an alt account and thought that was bad...looks like arcade mode for me for the rest of this season.
02/15/2018 10:05 PMPosted by KeyLimePie
Rip. I lost like 300 on an alt account and thought that was bad...looks like arcade mode for me for the rest of this season.

The funny thing is I've maintained my rank for three seasons and I'm doing better on my other accounts. For some reason losing hard on this one.

The most I've ever lost was 200 SR, but I gained it back no problems.
Yeah I have 3 accounts, one I like to play dps on, one I like to play heals on, and one I like to tank on. All were in the 2600-2800 range. My dps had a span of 11 games where i won like 1 or 2. It was down to 24XX. I think it's currently 2487... might try to get it back to play before end of season.
I only started S8 Feb 9 (because I barely play comp since S4) but went from SR 1540 (final S7) to SR 2003 - back to gold from S2 (lol) and I leave it there for decent S9 starting point.

My friend on other hand been high gold all season (with nearly 400 games played) and Feb 4 he was nearly plat at SR 2489 and yesterday I see him at SR 2120. So I'm asking what the hell happened. All he said was, translate quote "Sh!t happened", lol. And that is basically all you can say ;)
02/15/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Yogurtkun
Thanks for the 700 SR drop in the last 5 days. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with match maker.

You couldn't design a fair competitive match system if you're life depended on it.

Your profile shows two 5:15 and 6:12 runs in a single day where you played all kinds of heroes and mostly widow (with really bad results). And previously you also had a single 4:13 session.
Clearly you keep playing tilted for hours, which is #1 thing one should never do. Blizzard is to be blamed, ofc lul.
Got placed 1515 last season, finally escaped from bronze. But I only did my placements to take a break from comp.

I've came back. Placed 1614 this season (started playing mid january)

After 30 games only climbed 50 SR. I keep getting matched with low level people that aren't even smurfs, they're the worst players I've ever seen in my life. Many of them throw when the enemy caps the first point. If I play with some levels near me (+100), things go better if we cooperate. These people are usually more positive.

Current SR: 1677
Highest: 1720

My best friend, ex-duo partner, got her account boosted to play with her platinum friends while I'm still breaking my hands to play solo when she's not online. She still plays like a silver. My friends are 800-900 MMR higher than me, and I feel very ashamed to be in a game of platinums, and I had a horrible experience with them. I want to climb to gold, by toxicity is on its highest level.
02/16/2018 12:40 AMPosted by BOO

Your profile shows two 5:15 and 6:12 runs in a single day where you played all kinds of heroes and mostly widow (with really bad results). And previously you also had a single 4:13 session.
Clearly you keep playing tilted for hours, which is #1 thing one should never do. Blizzard is to be blamed, ofc lul.

You're a Moira one trick.

56 hours pressing easy left click/right click, and spamming the field with AOE !@#$ and taking advantage of her broken properties.

Sit down.
02/16/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Yogurtkun

56 hours pressing easy left click/right click, and spamming the field with AOE !@#$ and taking advantage of her broken properties.

Sit down.

If Moira is so OP, play her and get to master. You won't be able to, because when you're silver like that and don't have a good consistent hero, the problem is you not the matchmaking system. Focus on getting better yourself before criticizing others.
I actually gained 500 SR this season, by improving and playing with a level head and humble attitude. You're not entitled no rank. You need to earn it. Blaming on Blizzard instead of trying to understand what went wrong gives us the feeling you're not in the mindset to play competitive, let alone climb.
02/16/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Djinn
Blaming on Blizzard

Wins directly after placements are 50 some points. It's gaming the system rather than earning it.

Sit down.

Why you don't climb out of your rank with Moira if she's so OP? You don't seem embarrassed by playing Widow as poorly as you are ATM, might as well pick a healer and help the teams for once.
02/16/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Audaylon
02/16/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Djinn
Blaming on Blizzard

Wins directly after placements are 50 some points. It's gaming the system rather than earning it.

I didn't understand
02/16/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Djinn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Sit down.

Why you don't climb out of your rank with Moira if she's so OP? You don't seem embarrassed by playing Widow as poorly as you are ATM, might as well pick a healer and help the teams for once.

When I was playing yesterday I didn't give a !@#$ anymore if I was winning or losing. This game is %^-* cancer from Silver to Master and I've played with all the ranks because of this !@#$ match making system that places me with these !@#$%.

The fact that you can climb 500 SR well good for you. The fact that you have to stop playing for 3 games because you're tilting is stupid. It's easy to maintain a rank if you don't %^-*ing touch it, after not playing it after two games.

The issue is if you keep playing every game has a !@#$ team, with %^-* team members.

Guess what! I climbed 500 SR too. I could have easily maintained my rank like all those platinum and diamond buddies who are two scared to play hours on end in fear of losing their precious SR.

If you still don't see that Solo QUE Competitive is broken, than you're blind as bat.

Tbh yeah that's my downfall. I keep playing trying to break the streak instead of cutting it at three loses and trying another day.

Tbh yeah that's my downfall. I keep playing trying to break the streak instead of cutting it at three loses and trying another day.

Look at that folks match maker and competitive, forcing you to quit after 3 games, because a loss streak you have no control over. /s

The system is working as intended.
02/16/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Yogurtkun

Look at that folks match maker and competitive, forcing you to quit after 3 games, because a loss streak you have no control over. /s

The system is working as intended.

Well, it could also be that when I play more after I'm upset at 3 losses in a row, that I start under-performing and getting irrate.

Someone posted after 5 losses in a row it puts you up with people on win streaks, but I don't know how much of that is true.
Just a tilted guy ventilating his frustrations on Blizzard instead of trying to improve. Nothing to see here, my people.
02/16/2018 08:36 AMPosted by AceMegaX

Sit down.

If Moira is so OP, play her and get to master. You won't be able to, because when you're silver like that and don't have a good consistent hero, the problem is you not the matchmaking system. Focus on getting better yourself before criticizing others.

moira is op right now. the pick rate and win rate are proving that.