Important change that needs to happen in season 9

Competitive Discussion
If someone or multiply people leave from your team in game for any reason your team shouldn't suffer SR loss when you lose. It's not an accurate representation of your skill and gives griefers and trolls far too much power to effect other people's game enjoyment. Just had a great game with a team that was looking to do well on defense round 2 but right at the start of round 2 one of our support players d/cs and we never had a chance after that. Personally I managed to play well enough I only lost 13 sr for the game but that's still more SR than I deserved to lose for someone leaving/disconnecting from the game. Some might say it would lead to people abusing that system but it's not like the person leaving isn't getting a -50 SR penalty and possible suspension from comp. I'll I'm asking is when people are in a zero chance to win situation they don't get punished for the actions or issues another teammate had. I've seen posts about ideas like this in the past and I really hope blizzard's devs are thinking hard about this fix to one of the nastiest problems comp has right now.
the only ones losing SR should be:

1. the leaver
2. anyone grouped with the leaver at the start of the game

that's how every other team-based game in existence solves the issue
02/16/2018 12:46 AMPosted by PlayerX

1. the leaver

no, I don't want the person teaming with a friend or a random they met the game before to be penalized due to the person leaving or disconnecting. This would only create a system that punishes people teaming up even more than OW currently does.
02/16/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Caution
If someone or multiply people leave from your team in game for any reason your team shouldn't suffer SR loss when you lose.

Then in every losing match one will be bulled to leave
or you can group up with 5 and agree on each losing match one will take the turn to leave
02/16/2018 12:53 AMPosted by BlueMonkey
If someone or multiply people leave from your team in game for any reason your team shouldn't suffer SR loss when you lose.

or you can group up with 5 and agree on each losing match one will take the turn to leave

person who leaves still takes -50 sr loss, no one should be dumb enough to take that kind of dive for a team of randos and if someone is pusillanimous enough to leave for a group of friends they deserve the sr loss and possible season ban. I'm doubting the system would be abused as strongly as some like to make it out. Hell they could even make it reportable if the people are dumb enough to start bullying someone into leaving.
Sorry to burst your bubble but it will never happen, because then it could be used for SR-drop-free losses.
Sometimes you got a leaver, sometimes enemy do. There is no way for a system to determine who would have won without this DC, so its just a regular loss/win. Doesnt have any effect on your own score in a long run.
02/16/2018 12:53 AMPosted by BlueMonkey

also once again, that loss isn't a true representation of your skill level.
Just had a terrible soldier leave game because we asked him to swap to winston since he couldn't kill the enemy pharah. Totally a fair representation of my skill to lose 21 sr due to his leaving.
02/16/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Caution
Just had a terrible soldier leave game because we asked him to swap to winston since he couldn't kill the enemy pharah. Totally a fair representation of my skill to lose 21 sr due to his leaving.

Answer the following:
1. Do you guarantee you'd still win even if he didnt leave?
Because if no, you 'd still lose same amount of SR and it makes no difference.
2. How many games per season were lost purely because of DC on your team?
3. How many games per season were won purely because of DC on enemy team?
4. Why do you cling onto puny 20-50SR drops and gains as being a "true representation of your skill level" ?
5. So, if losing with a leaver shouldnt drop SR, why should winning vs a leaver add SR? Because when you win vs leavers its just mere luck and not a representation of your true skill, right?

Then honestly ask yourself, do you really think that with nearly 300 competetive games you've played this season these few DCs made any significat impact on your "true skill level"?
02/16/2018 05:59 AMPosted by BOO
02/16/2018 05:39 AMPosted by Caution

Answer the following:
1. Do you guarantee you'd still win even if he didnt leave?
Because if no, you 'd still lose same amount of SR and it makes no difference.
2. How many games per season were lost purely because of DC on your team?
3. How many games per season were won purely because of DC on enemy team?
4. Why do you cling onto puny 20-50SR drops and gains as being a "true representation of your skill level" ?
5. So, if losing with a leaver shouldnt drop SR, why should winning vs a leaver add SR? Because when you win vs leavers its just mere luck and not a representation of your true skill, right?

Then honestly ask yourself, do you really think that with nearly 300 competetive games you've played this season these few DCs made any significat impact on your "true skill level"?

1. No I can't but that's not true. If he was there we could of pushed longer and my stats would of been better so I wouldn't of lost as much sr.
2. this makes it the 67th loss due to leaver of some sort this season.
3.Far less than I've lost due to them at only 17.
4. Because it adds up.
5. because it's not fair to punish the enemy team just like it's not fair to punish my team for something beyond all of our control.

answer to the final question, well I'm down about 250 sr from my season high. So a strong possibly is my currently held belief. the leavers always come out in force during the last half of the season for some reason.
In Masters, we still get leavers. Especially that high up, that guarentees to the 95th percent a loss.
-A leaver guarentees 0 SR lost for the victim team, or a 50 SR gain for a win and 10 SR gain for a draw.
- Bullying someone to leave is now reportable
- The enemy to the victim team gets 10 SR from win, -10 SR from draw, -60 SR for loss.
- introduce role based matchmaking
- Allow 10 second match cancel to be expanded to 30 seconds. Reconnecting will cancel it and continue the game.
95% of the time, leavers arent a rage quit or something of the matter. That means effectively 49% of the time, a leave flips the outcome of a game. This isnt a true relection of skill. A win or draw however, shows the enemy team incapable of winning even with a strong advantage.
02/16/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Poison44
In Masters, we still get leavers. Especially that high up, that guarentees to the 95th percent a loss.
-A leaver guarentees 0 SR lost for the victim team, or a 50 SR gain for a win and 10 SR gain for a draw.
- Bullying someone to leave is now reportable
- The enemy to the victim team gets 10 SR from win, -10 SR from draw, -60 SR for loss.
- introduce role based matchmaking
- Allow 10 second match cancel to be expanded to 30 seconds. Reconnecting will cancel it and continue the game.
95% of the time, leavers arent a rage quit or something of the matter. That means effectively 49% of the time, a leave flips the outcome of a game. This isnt a true relection of skill. A win or draw however, shows the enemy team incapable of winning even with a strong advantage.

awesome ideas.
Game is dead beyond fixing. They pumped all their money into OWL which people are already tiring of. They could have put all their resources into longevity of the game. But put all their eggs in the OWL basket, they don't care about the majortiy of the player base, only the High Masters and GMs. They'll continue to let Smurf accounts run riot, leave and grief when they want, then use another account.

I used to play hours on end season 3, 4 and 5. But since then, I play two or three games, have people leave or throw, then go on a different game, or go do something else. Game isn't fun anymore, and OWL just temporarily gave the game hype again, its still the same !@#$ show its been for 2 or 3 seasons, and shows no signs of changing the actual matchmaking, you can balance all the characters you want. (Read Balance as Kill) But if I'm 4 or 5v 6 every game, or even worse, having one or two players working actively against us making it an 8v4 then whats the point? Xbox, PC, doesn't matter. Least I can get to mid diamond on one platform and temporarily feel happy before the BS kicks in and forces me to take Ls on my team, Ls being both losses and leavers.
If you have a system where people who didn't leave don't lose SR that is unfair to the enemy team. As someone else stated, say the person didn't leave and you lost. You would have still lost that SR. But if you don't get penalized for someone else leaving, the enemy team did that work, and sure they do gain SR, but you getting to keep yours is broken because they put effort into winning. If only the person who leaves in a team loses SR, then that could be abused.

Pretend you are in a 6-stack. Every time a game goes bad one of you sacrifices 50 SR. The other 5 of you don't lose anything. However, as someone else mentioned, if that person loses SR and anyone teamed up loses the SR they would have lost from losing, that is more fair. Sure it's not fair to you if your friend happened to DC due to their PC shutting off, Internet, Power outage... but when it comes down to it, it's more fair simply because it prevents abuse of the system. I'll give an example: Before a patch, on Dead by Daylight, if you were losing the game, once you were eliminated you could invite your friends out to prevent them from losing rank by de-pipping (not getting enough points to maintain rank). And obviously, if we matched up with a camper (the point of the game is for you to survive while the killer hooks you to sacrifice you) we abused the system to avoid losing points.

People would certainly do that if Overwatch allowed everyone else off scott-free, including groups that could and would abuse the system, if only the leaver took the SR loss. The bright side is if you did exceptionally well, you won't lose as much SR as you would have if you did not contribute much. Have lost as little as 9 SR a match in some games and as much as 20 in others, excluding my biggest downfall: going on losing streaks and not stopping trying to break said streaks. And you can win a 5 v 6. We did once when our friend DC'd because his power went out.

I think the system should be reworked.
02/16/2018 08:39 AMPosted by siennarena
If you have a system where people who didn't leave don't lose SR that is unfair to the enemy team. As someone else stated, say the person didn't leave and you lost. You would have still lost that SR. But if you don't get penalized for someone else leaving, the enemy team did that work, and sure they do gain SR, but you getting to keep yours is broken because they put effort into winning. If only the person who leaves in a team loses SR, then that could be abused.

Pretend you are in a 6-stack. Every time a game goes bad one of you sacrifices 50 SR. The other 5 of you don't lose anything. However, as someone else mentioned, if that person loses SR and anyone teamed up loses the SR they would have lost from losing, that is more fair. Sure it's not fair to you if your friend happened to DC due to their PC shutting off, Internet, Power outage... but when it comes down to it, it's more fair simply because it prevents abuse of the system. I'll give an example: Before a patch, on Dead by Daylight, if you were losing the game, once you were eliminated you could invite your friends out to prevent them from losing rank by de-pipping (not getting enough points to maintain rank). And obviously, if we matched up with a camper (the point of the game is for you to survive while the killer hooks you to sacrifice you) we abused the system to avoid losing points.

People would certainly do that if Overwatch allowed everyone else off scott-free, including groups that could and would abuse the system, if only the leaver took the SR loss. The bright side is if you did exceptionally well, you won't lose as much SR as you would have if you did not contribute much. Have lost as little as 9 SR a match in some games and as much as 20 in others, excluding my biggest downfall: going on losing streaks and not stopping trying to break said streaks. And you can win a 5 v 6. We did once when our friend DC'd because his power went out.

I think the system should be reworked.

umm... how does the enemy team have to work hard against a 5v6 or 4v6 situation? it's not hard work to beat down on a crippled opponent. Also I'm not saying you can't win, that was addressed above by another person in fact. if a team manages to lose against a team with a leaver or two they should experience massive sr loss.
stop putting me against teams that are linked with a white line, and none of mine are.
02/16/2018 12:46 AMPosted by PlayerX

1. the leaver

Or even better, the leaver will lose the total combined of possible sr that the team will lose. For example, there are two leavers and let's just say each person would lose or gain 20sr, so if the leaver leaves and doesn't come back, they lose 100sr in total. But this system could be absused because of smurf accounts.
I just had the painful thing of playing the game, winning, then my internet cut out for a few moments. Managed to get back in, then win the game, and still lose all the SR. I think if you get back in, then you shouldn't have the penalty! It also feels awful to think that one little blip ruins it for other people too.
I haven't had a leaver in a while. Probably because I don't play the game.
If they are having problems with people who are honestly dc’ing and it ruins the game for people then they should make a person do a connection test and if the internet is not consistent enough for them to hold a connection it bars them from comp.
you don’t see pros playing with crap internet who want to have the best experience you can have.

This sounds harsh but they will get over it.