2 Years later same Same Headaches

Competitive Discussion
I played a ton at release and ultimately quit at the end of season 1 because I thought comp was torture and was waiting for them to work things out.

Well it's been 2 years of mostly not playing and I came back because of OWL. Played for about 90 hours this season and tbh I was being generous with the title because it's 10x worse than those early seasons. Like I just rewatched a VOD and I just uninstalled after because it was so demoralizing.

I know this isn't a new idea on these forums but it's ridiculous how they have let these issues with comp playlist fester for 2 years. It should be the only topic on these boards until fixed. If Blizz can't reasonably handle running a professional league while making sure the in-game amateur scene is healthy then they need to hire bigger brains to figure something out.
02/16/2018 02:47 AMPosted by bigsbyǃ
it's ridiculous how they have let these issues with comp playlist fester for 2 years. It should be the only topic on these boards until fixed.

It pretty much is the only topic on this board. No one talks about strategies or meta. It's all complaints about competitive. If you compare these forums to the League of Legends forums, it's a joke. Overwatch competitive mode is broken and everyone knows it, including the developers. They just don't know what to do about it.
I tend to agree. If forum is flooded with complaints and basically nothing else - for sure not everything is okay. But at this point everything has been already said multiple times, so I won't repeat myself. But yeah, you make a good point with LOL - it's also massively popular game with lots of pesky kids and what not, but there is minimal amount of complaints regarding the competitive system and general order of things. I've played LOL in S3-S5 and season there lasts basically a whole year (quit because got bored of MOBAs) - and ranked system never bothered me that much. When they implemented role select it become even better since you don't need focus on being aible to play any of 5 roles.

Btw, I also played barely any comp in S4 to S8. (for comparison I played 5x as much in S1-S3 compared to S4-S8.

Will see, but I personally expect no improvements for S9 whatsoever.
Played for about 90 hours this season

on another account? and if another account why buy another account for a game you dont even like? confused here

I know this isn't a new idea on these forums but it's ridiculous how they have let these issues with comp playlist fester for 2 years. It should be the only topic on these boards until fixed.

like i know what issues bother me the most about this game as well as ideas to fix them however your topic doesnt even list one single thing or a solution about ANY issue. so basically you have made a topic that could be summed up in like 2 words. its literally a pointless topic.

comp ugh.

like honestly though if you cant even be bothered to make a topic that has any substance why should devs bother to change something to cater to an invisible rant?
I feel like they can’t keep up with the balancing of hero’s. They focus on mercy for so long that they were not able to pay attention to other hero’s who need some sort of tweak. I am happy sombra is getting a buff but this is gonna throw it out of balance again with everyone insta locking