Hanzo mains, will the rework be a buff/nerf?

General Discussion
+Do you think any further changes are needed?
It will be hard to tell until its sent out, but from the sounds of it, it should make Hanzo more reliable to make better shots but not be able to instantly kill anything 400 health and under.

Edit: Overall, its probably just a shift in the overall community. It might be worse for people who weren't good with Hanzo. It might be better or not changed for people who could play him well.
For me, I say buff. I'm more than confident in my shot and scatter was flat out unreliable. I'm certain my damage per 10 minutes will rise with this. Not fall.
02/16/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Puppydemon
It will be hard to tell until its sent out, but from the sounds of it, it should make Hanzo more reliable to make better shots but not be able to instantly kill anything 400 health and under.

Do you think Volley will result in more or less kills than Scatter?

Personally I feel like further changes should be made to his bow as well seeming that it has always been the unreliable part of his kit.
Leap alone makes it a huge buff.
02/16/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Coulumbo
Leap alone makes it a huge buff.

Thats also another question, what CD do you think it will be on.

Will it be extremely short like Lucio's boop or something like 3-6 seconds long?
Something more consistent than Scatter is always a buff. If leap is as fast as jeff says, then It's gonna b fun.
If they don't give him something to properly deal with high mobility heroes, he's kinda !@#$ed.
02/16/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Ryzik
Do you think Volley will result in more or less kills than Scatter?

Personally I feel like further changes should be made to his bow as well seeming that it has always been the unreliable part of his kit.

The reason he is unreliable is because he is a projectile sniper. Having that much burst damage, slow and has a chance to just not hit, is not that great, but he still has a good impact if played well. I think Volley will result in more kills, however. Just because it can actually do more damage than scatter, if you make good shots, and it can hit more than one target more easily.
02/16/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Cloud
If they don't give him something to properly deal with high mobility heroes, he's kinda !@#$ed.

6 shots that can all 1-shot Tracer is going to be SO good!!

This ability also will do a ton better against Genji as well seeming Scatter is so hard to land on Genji due to him always being in the air.
Nerf. Close range fights were the best use of scatter for easier kills. This new crap ability can't kill 200 hp with a single headshot. If they give the ability the Widow treatment and provide a 2.5 multiplier then it would be pretty good in my opinion. I just already know that when I use it and get a headshot but die before my second shot goes off that I'll instantly think about how scatter would have killed. Mid range it is better but I'm not in need of a new ability for that. I can deal 250 with a headshot on my primary fire. Honestly only see it as overall better when trying to kill barriers. Scatter is better at close range, and was also better against tanks. The Leap is okay but in reality if they have the skill to track you then what really mattered in the end was the ability to kill them before they killed you. If a Tracer blinks but the opponent just aims right where she goes and shoots her and she died vs she unloads into the opponent's head and kills them first. Which was better for the Tracer? Same thing with Leap and Scatter. I can get away or just kill them. I think I take the dead opponent and Ult charge. I do agree that with the reasoning for his changes being frustration and anti-fun that he needs to be altered though.
02/16/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Cloud

Lunge and volley?
usually, any mobility ability massively boosts a character's viability.

But we shall see. Since scatter was really powerful.
I'm optimistic that it will be a net buff for players who are already good with Hanzo. That said obviously we won't know until its out and everyone has played it a bunch.
02/16/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Hyde
Nerf. Close range fights were the best use of scatter for easier kills. This new crap ability can't kill 200 hp with a single headshot. If they give the ability the Widow treatment and provide a 2.5 multiplier then it would be pretty good in my opinion. I just already know that when I use it and get a headshot but die before my second shot goes off that I'll instantly think about how scatter would have killed. Mid range it is better but I'm not in need of a new ability for that. I can deal 250 with a headshot on my primary fire. Honestly only see it as overall better when trying to kill barriers. Scatter is better at close range, and was also better against tanks. The Leap is okay but in reality if they have the skill to track you then what really mattered in the end was the ability to kill them before they killed you. If a Tracer blinks but the opponent just aims right where she goes and shoots her and she died vs she unloads into the opponent's head and kills them first. Which was better for the Tracer? Same thing with Leap and Scatter. I can get away or just kill them. I think I take the dead opponent and Ult charge. I do agree that with the reasoning for his changes being frustration and anti-fun that he needs to be altered though.

Found they guy who relies on scatter.
From the information I've seen I'd guess it'll be a buff at the top, neutral for people that are above average, and a nerf for average and below.
I think the only change I would like to see is the old ultimate buff that was a bug, maybe I'm not sure what it was...

The one where your ultimate would begin as soon as the arrow hit something
02/16/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Ryzik
I think the only change I would like to see is the old ultimate buff that was a bug, maybe I'm not sure what it was...

The one where your ultimate would begin as soon as the arrow hit something

Yea. I wondered why that feature disappeared.
Personally for me, I see it more as a small suitability buff, and that's mostly found within the jump. This is after I get used to the changes, because I can guarantee I won't be able to pick him up and be fine.

The jump will allow me as Hanzo to get distance from people pressuring me, which is the main reason I used scatter, in order to get out of their optimal range and into mine. I really want to know if we can still charge an arrow as we move, my gut says we should, but if we don't I'll still be okay.

Volley, to me just makes him like Zen for 6 shots, from what we know about it so far, which from someone who also plays a lot of Zen I can say that his orbs are easier to use against Tracer and Genji, so if you know how to deal them as him, dealing with them as Hanzo with this ability shouldn't be too different. The fire rate is higher, as is the damage. Overall, this ability I see that it's basically scatter, but instead of a big bust instantly it has more control and is more reliable.

Overall, I am really excited to see this, and to get to play it (even though I will most likely need to wait because everyone will be trying it once it is on both ptr and live).