Is grav OP?

General Discussion
Title ^
I had someone in a game literally vent about how OP it was due to the fact that it doesn't have an actual charge time on firing for you to effectively escape it like most ults.
No
Nah, dva can eat that thing for breakfast
It isn't
Nope
Second slowest charging ult after supercharger, some games a Zarya won't even have the time to build one up let alone use it. And more often than not, the enemy team spreads out more to avoid getting wiped if she does get it, and it can still be stopped by deflect or DM, transcendence usually saves a team in it, etc. There is plenty of counterplay options so it's not OP.
It doesn't do anything by itself, and if Zarya is not charged a decent amount then she ain't gonna be able to capitalize on it herself. It needs team effort to get any value out of it, similar to Sombra's ult.
DM can eat it, Deflect can reflect it, shields and DM can negate the damage if it hits in many instances, Transcendence can heal through it, Sound Barrier can shield through it to a point, and even Coalescence and other bursty healing can mostly negate it. Loads of counter-play and it's slow charging to boot.

It's really only oppressive if combo'd with burst damage ultimates or EMP, and even then, those can be overcome.
I've been a main of Zarya for a pretty long time, yet I feel it's like an I win button.

Maybe it's due to the fact they changed the team Rez for mercy, which meaning those grav deaths are pretty much set. It also means there's less to counter the ult effectively, like trans-- Moira can't save her team with coalescence, Lucio's sound barrier can't really protect either. I feel only barriers, and trans, and lack of communication for Zarya's team are the counters for it.

And people say Zarya has slow ult charge, which is true, but the key is to using that high charged damage to get that ult fast. I usually get my ult pretty decent, sometimes even be the first person on my team to have ult.
02/16/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Lesstoxic
Title ^
I had someone in a game literally vent about how OP it was due to the fact that it doesn't have an actual charge time on firing for you to effectively escape it like most ults.

It does. I can tell you D.Va will spin around and eat it instantly if she's within a mile.
the only thing broken about it is being grav'd through walls. i mean cmon