Just played Reaper against triple tank

General Discussion
I play MvCree against Reaper and die all the time. You know why? Because I suck at McCree!

There is no such thing as an "I Win" button.
Kind of sad a lot of people are just assuming OP is an idiot that tried to 1v3 the tanks.

Yes, 1 game is not a large enough sample size, but it's 1 game from this guy and who knows how many others with this exact kind of complaint. It's a well known fact Reaper is being out classed in his own niche and needs something to fix that.
02/17/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Yuuji
Kind of sad a lot of people are just assuming OP is an idiot that tried to 1v3 the tanks.

Yes, 1 game is not a large enough sample size, but it's 1 game from this guy and who knows how many others with this exact kind of complaint. It's a well known fact Reaper is being out classed in his own niche and needs something to fix that.

I personally, didn't presume he 1v3. It may sound like it but no that's not my point. My point is simply that his team didn't support him/ didn't make appropriate picks. When you pick a hero that is appropriate for a situation but your other teammates don't thus causing your hero to not work and you lose. This doesn't make the hero you pick garbage. It just means your team as a whole doesn't have teamwork and maybe game sense and that is why you lost.
02/17/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Leewo
When you pick a hero that is appropriate for a situation but your other teammates don't thus causing your hero to not work and you lose. This doesn't make the hero you pick garbage. It just means your team as a whole doesn't have teamwork and maybe game sense and that is why you lost.

To be honest, triple/quad tank is more relying on Ana/Sombra to disable the key advantages quad tank has, and you can probably slot in Reaper to help Sombra clean up the wreckage after EMP goes off.

Once the defensive abilities go offline though, pretty much any offensive hero will do the job just fine, which is really the problem with Reaper. He's supposed to be the heavy-duty brawler you send in to kill hard/meaty targets, but he's not really good enough at that role to justify the pick.
02/17/2018 06:31 PMPosted by SǾMBRUH
02/17/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Tuofir
What was the rest of your team?

They changed heroes a lot but last round was
Lucio/Moira
Mercy/zen
Genji/Bastion
Junkrat
and I think Roadhog/D.va

You pick a short range hero in a comp with one tank, and neither of those are good at getting you into the fight.
you honestly needed a mercy to pocket heal you....you would of been a beast
I thought Reaper would be the new star to combat Triple Tanks. They can solo 1v1 tanks really good.

I also heard Ana Biotic Grenade really helps, but I could be mistaken.
You do realize reaper is a TANK buster right?
Not a TANKS buster.

So ofc u won't do well if u have fight them all together.

Nobody can hope to fight 3 tanks on a dps hero and live.
02/17/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Hotaru251
Not a TANKS buster.

so he does nothing good got it hes useless but bad players will say hes good
02/17/2018 08:14 PMPosted by NordBigD
02/17/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Hotaru251
Not a TANKS buster.

No..I said he can't expect to survive if dove by 3 tanks at once without healing of some kind.

He is meant for 1v1 tank killing.

That's his niche.

If he could survive 3 tanks alone he'd be godly vs any non tank.
02/17/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Hotaru251
02/17/2018 08:14 PMPosted by NordBigD

No..I said he can't expect to survive if dove by 3 tanks at once without healing of some kind.

He is meant for 1v1 tank killing.

That's his niche.

If he could survive 3 tanks alone he'd be godly vs any non tank.

u mean the role thats usually surrounded by team mates
Reapers is a tank buster, but you cant expect to jump into a 1v3 fiht against 3 tanks and expect to win that is just dumb. It takes the rest of your team to also counter that too yah know. Reaper will typically win every 1v1 against a tank he cant however win 1v3s and shouldn't. Bastion is a great second pick against triple tank, he can shred them like tissue paper so long as hes kept safe. Pair Bastion with reaper and you should be able to win the team fights.
02/17/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Nimmzwei
Sorry, only Ultrat gets dev favoritism.

Seriously? We're claiming Junkrat favortism now? What's next, "Hanzo favortism"?
02/17/2018 08:04 PMPosted by pkthebird
I thought Reaper would be the new star to combat Triple Tanks. They can solo 1v1 tanks really good.

I also heard Ana Biotic Grenade really helps, but I could be mistaken.
Yes this is correct that is why a zen or Anna would have been the secondary hero that would be the biggest key to him winning.

That is also why I asked his teams full composition
Post on your main or be quiet.
02/17/2018 09:17 PMPosted by DocWolfe
Post on your main or be quiet.

maybe hes suspended for being ''toxic'' to stupid ppl who think reaper is good like you
02/17/2018 06:41 PMPosted by NordBigD
02/17/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Amerasian
Don't blame the hero for your own lack of skill

god ppl are so biased get it through ur thick skull REAPER NEEEDS BUFFS

If reaper actually needed buffs, then he'd be on the devs' list of heroes. But he's not cuz he's fine. Why aren't you smart enough to understand that?
Reaper has not been a solid tank buster since season 1.

Hog- With his drinking buff (-%50 damage IIRC) if thats up its a waste of time to charge him at almost any HP. If he starts drinking usually better to nope out and find another target.
Rein- Shield.
D.Va- Face full of rockets now or she nope out.
Zara- That shield can delay things long enough you usually have to nope out or get killed.

Reaper ult- I find myself sitting on it for so long trying to find an opening where Rein or D.Va don't shut it down. Or someone just dosent light me up while its going off.

EDIT: Frogot...

Winston- He can melt that monkey still as long as he dosent ult in your face.
02/17/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Amerasian
02/17/2018 06:41 PMPosted by NordBigD
god ppl are so biased get it through ur thick skull REAPER NEEEDS BUFFS

If reaper actually needed buffs, then he'd be on the devs' list of heroes. But he's not cuz he's fine. Why aren't you smart enough to understand that?

yeah cause the devs are omnipotent god ur dumb
Reaper has pretty much never been good against tanks. He is good against winston, Orisa and Reinhardt, average vs Zarya and has a losing matchup to D.Va and Roadhog.

The best dps hero against tanks universally is Junkrat or Roadhog.