Mercy

General Discussion
Why the !@#$ does she stop healing when rezing. This sucks because when youre in ult and you need to keep people alive you cant rez someone because the rest of the team would die because you pause healing for some reason.

Mercy need a tiny buff i think this would be great
Whether to resurrect someone or not is a decision that can impact the entire game. It might as well be considered one of the "All or nothing" abilities of the game, like rein's charge.
Nothing about Mercy's kit works anymore. Rez made sense when it was instant cast and an ability because you kept your flow but now it's just a burden that you're forced to carry.
02/18/2018 02:39 AMPosted by WhateverAlex
Nothing about Mercy's kit works anymore. Rez made sense when it was instant cast and an ability because you kept your flow but now it's just a burden that you're forced to carry.

The problem with instant cast is that it makes the ability the opposite of an instant kill ability. It isn't any fun for the opposing team.
02/18/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Puppydemon

The problem with instant cast is that it makes the ability the opposite of an instant kill ability. It isn't any fun for the opposing team.
Which is what I'm saying. No matter what direction we turn, this version of Mercy is the worst design disaster yet. I really wish they'd just revert her work from there, but they are too stubborn because her pickrate finally stabilized.
02/18/2018 02:29 AMPosted by FixMercy

If Blizzard does this, I am sure people whine about it and Mercy sinks more to nerf-swamp.
Mercy's player has to make a lot of tough choices very quickly. This is what makes Mercy challenging and fun. Whether she should stop healing to resurrect—especially in Valkyrie—is one of those tough choices; in fact, after the latest round of nerfs it's pretty much the only one we still have to make during Valkyrie. It should stay the way it is.
What's with mercy players and wanting everything to be free? it's like they don't want gamesense or making decisions to be a thing
02/18/2018 02:29 AMPosted by FixMercy
Why the !@#$ does she stop healing when rezing. This sucks because when youre in ult and you need to keep people alive you cant rez someone because the rest of the team would die because you pause healing for some reason.

Moria can't heal while dealing damage
Ana can't heal while using sleep or ulting
Lucio has a large period of time during his ult where he cannot do anything but wait.
02/18/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Badarm

Technically not true, she can send out her orb to heal while she does damage.

" After 2 years finally the most game changing skill in the game has a counter play"
02/18/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Puppydemon

losing isnt fun
dying isnt fun.

usually other team's abilities is NOT FUN for your own team.

The thing is how bad is it really? I hate dying to a stun by mccree. that's unfun. Should it be removed because of that? Any offensive ult in your face is also unfun. Should they be removed?
Most likely no.

It maybe be bad to have kills revived ,but that was NOT an instant win for the enemy team. I depended on your position ,WHERE you killed people (if they are out or range,cant be rezzed) and ult economy.

If you dont kill mercy,and you dont keep an ult then yeah it was hard to counter,but not impossible. I have been interrupted all sorts of ways to pull of a rez,frozen,booped, charged etc....

Rez only has the potential to undo a wipe,its not a guarantee. And the rework was not because she was OP ,it was to make her "more active and hide less" which is a failure now.
02/18/2018 05:22 AMPosted by Badarm
Ana can't heal while using sleep or ulting
Lucio has a large period of time during his ult where he cannot do anything but wait.

[/quote]

but this doesnt disrupt their play style
For the most part I would not recommend using res when ulting, it is simply too risky and far more often than not will result in your death. Which in turn will most likely result in the rest of your team dying as well. Res in its current form can really only safely be used behind a shield or some form of cover. If the enemy team has even half a brain and you go to res someone not in either of those two conditions you will typically end up dead.

Her res is a chore now and a suicide button. I dont play her anymore as the res ability just isnt worth it anymore and result in too many deaths.
02/18/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Desire

" After 2 years finally the most game changing skill in the game has a counter play"
If rezzing one person is unimaginably game changing your team must suck.
It's funny cuz they wanted to prevent her stopping healing to wait for rez; now they won't allow her to heal while using rez.