Doomfist is still rarely viable.

General Discussion
I'm fine with doom on my team, if that player knows what hes doing and the enemy isnt running Sombra and Pharah.
he just needs a team that is willing to play around him, which is probably not possible
02/19/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Asheen
You can counter Doomfist in a lot of ways because he has the potential to delete people faster than anybody.
You can literally kill 3 200hp targets within 3 seconds, noone else can do it that fast.

Yes, Doomfist has extremely high potential, I am not denying that. However, 250 hp for a 7 foot tall tank sized dps, is not enough, it's close, but not enough. 300 I think would be perfect, no more, no less. Unless they're going to make his passive actually useful, which right now, it barely is.

What if every single one of them opens fire on you, and like I said in my first post, your team comp isn't built to protect and work with you?

You'll be dead by the time you land your E on the first target, if you're up against competent enemies.

Not every time...But most of the time. I've gotten some amazing team wipes with Doomfist, but those moments are like finding a unicorn when you are in a high rank where everyone knows what a Doomfist is and how to take care of him.
His gameplay is full of randomness, sometimes you fly around and don't know what's happening.

- people can jump over rocket punch even on flat surface
- punch stops in some areas you can walk through
- knockback during punch changes your trajectory ("he can level a skyscraper")
- knockback when CHARGING punch can turn it into aerial version so you no longer slide down the stairs if you meant to do that
- with ~70ms you can notice huge rollbacks on it (DF used to go straight thru enemies, but with recent patch client "pushes" people out of your way so it looks less jarring).
- ground seismic slam has huge vulnerability to knockbacks, un-cancellable
- uppercut sends you flying away from your target if you graze any uneven ceiling or wall
- if enemy touches slightly uneven wall uppercut on them is canceled

And one last thing - punch is one of the only abilities that can be aimed exclusively horizontally: if you try to do "charge-drop" from a ramp, you have to pray to not land on someones head because you will simply fly over everyone (this is pretty common as well).
I've had a widowmaker on flat ground literally jump over my punch. It was hilarious and frustrating at the same time.
02/18/2018 05:02 PMPosted by HughMungus
02/18/2018 04:22 PMPosted by ToxicShadow
It's true that on some maps/situations he is basically a bad pick, but in certain situations he can be really usefull etc. attacking on the first point of volskaya.
He still needs some buffs though.

I agree with you on this, however, you can be the best Doomfist in the world, if you get hooked, you're dead. If you get flashbanged, you're dead. If your target gets bubbled after your rollout, you're dead. He's too easy to counter for how punishing to the player he can be. I'm not just some scrub Doomfist either, I've taken high master/GM pharahs out of the sky. I'm not a Top 500 with him, but I know his mechanics very well, and I'm 100% certain that in this current meta, with everything changing so much, he is becoming more and more invalid.

If Tracer is flashbanged, she's dead. If Genji is flashbanged, he's dead. If Sombra is flashbanged, she's dead. If McCree is flashbanged, he's dead...

If Tracer is hooked, she's dead. If Genji is hooked, he's dead. If Sombra is hooked, she's dead. If McCree is hooked, he's dead...

Pretty much every offense is going to die to simple stuns, static defenses, and strong burst damage. They're highly-mobile for a reason.
throw picks literally don't exist LMAO
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I agree with you on this, however, you can be the best Doomfist in the world, if you get hooked, you're dead. If you get flashbanged, you're dead. If your target gets bubbled after your rollout, you're dead. He's too easy to counter for how punishing to the player he can be. I'm not just some scrub Doomfist either, I've taken high master/GM pharahs out of the sky. I'm not a Top 500 with him, but I know his mechanics very well, and I'm 100% certain that in this current meta, with everything changing so much, he is becoming more and more invalid.

If Tracer is flashbanged, she's dead. If Genji is flashbanged, he's dead. If Sombra is flashbanged, she's dead. If McCree is flashbanged, he's dead...

If Tracer is hooked, she's dead. If Genji is hooked, he's dead. If Sombra is hooked, she's dead. If McCree is hooked, he's dead...

Pretty much every offense is going to die to simple stuns, static defenses, and strong burst damage. They're highly-mobile for a reason.

Genji can deflect flash, tracer can bait it out, sombra can hack before engaging, doomfist has zero counterplay for it. See my point? His only counterplay is to eat it and hope to survive or get bubbled.

02/19/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Dangermann

I made this post after I was playing him and hit 3 sliders in one game, then shortly afterwards had a junkrat one trick autolock him 4 games in a row on my team. I.E. I was tilted. But Doomfist is still in a pretty rough spot right now.
I really feel like Doomfist should've gotten a block ability. It's really fitting to a boxing character and would help Doomfist immensely.
I made an alt account had it place low and went to see how far I could climb with Doomfist. Went on a 10 game win streak last night through Gold.

He has a learning curve and is much better with some research into his ideal playstyle.

Fun fact: He's actually picked more and more in higher ELO.
I have the biggest appreciation for really good Doomfist players. Don't know how you do it. They dive in the middle of teams and somehow get out. I die before I even hit the ground. I charge through things way too much.
02/18/2018 05:22 PMPosted by HotBBQ88
What DPS is not dead after getting hooked or flash banged?
the deal is Doomfist IS WAY to easy to hook or flash bang for that high risk he has. thats a huge difference
02/19/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Dangermann

While they may or may not, people believe they do.

When I play doomfist, I notice that at times as soon as I pick him in QP people will act like I'm throwing. I've had multiple games where people had locked in their mains before the match was about to start, then once I locked in doom they started swapping to double attack sniper when they have only a couple of hours on them.

The other day, when I locked in doom before the match started, one of the other players swapped from their main to attack torb (who they had less than an hour on) and spent the whole game in the back not pushing.

I have had multiple games where someone will ask "can you pick something else" when we had 2,2,2 and the game hadn't even started yet. I have had games where someone asked, "can I try doom?" just so I could switch off him and they never swapped to him.

While he isn't a throw pick, people currently believe he is.
Edited the title. I don't actually think Doomfist is an instant loss (throw) pick. Wrong choice of words.
He was the worst character to begin with. He has a boring and cliché existence & he doesn’t even have a cool look.
02/18/2018 05:22 PMPosted by HotBBQ88
What DPS is not dead after getting hooked or flash banged?

A fair amount. Some have narrow hitboxes, some are jumpy and McCree might miss even with the halted momentum...if they're receiving healing, they can survive quite reliably, and sometimes even without healing.
The reason it's dumb is because DF has 50 extra health, and still gets full-wrecked more by fan-the-hammer or a pointblank scrapgun shot.
02/19/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Akoyumi
He was the worst character to begin with. He has a boring and cliché existence & he doesn’t even have a cool look.

Really? I think his Blackhand skin is one of the coolest in the game with the golden gauntlet. IMO he has an awesome design.
02/19/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Yin

Tracer/Genji/Sombra/McCree do not have to get into melee range to engage and do damage, Doomfist does. Also, compare hitboxes, Doomfist has the hitbox of a tank.
02/18/2018 04:22 PMPosted by ToxicShadow
It's true that on some maps/situations he is basically a bad pick, but in certain situations he can be really usefull etc. attacking on the first point of volskaya.
He still needs some buffs though.

Yeah i guess but that is why he is only a situational pick