A Balance Change to CTF

General Discussion
CTF feels like it can be added to Quick Play and eventually Competitive. It just needs to be balanced just a little bit more in my opinion.

One idea I have is make it where you have to stand over the flag to pick it up. Similar to last year, but this time it takes 1 second or less to pick up the flag and you can take damage during the pick up. My reasoning is this will make it more of a team effort when attacking or picking up the flag, and make the battles more intense. Instead of someone swooping in grabbing it with no effort during the chaos of the defense fighting off the offense when they go for the flag. You have to work together to get it. The only time this isn't applied is in sudden death.

Thoughts?
Yeah, please put CTF to QP and Comp. Or you put CTF Competitive in the Game for ever.
Something needs to be done to prevent the games from only lasting 2-4 minutes though. Something like make the flag contestable when dropped so you can't instant pick it up after that point until it is returned. Or make it contestable always and a 1 second flag pickup time.

Lock the flag carrier to a base movement speed no matter what so Lucio can't speed you back.
No no no no no. CTF works way too differently to be added to comp, maybe QP but don't add it to comp, it just doesn't work the same or follow the same pattern as other gamemodes.
02/18/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Izzy
Something needs to be done to prevent the games from only lasting 2-4 minutes though. Something like make the flag contestable when dropped so you can't instant pick it up after that point until it is returned. Or make it contestable always and a 1 second flag pickup time.

That's why I suggest the pick up time. To boop, pull, or kill the person.