Overwatch League And Console

Competitive Discussion
Hey everyone! I have been having doubts lately about overwatch in terms of how serious I should be taking this game. Currently I am a team member within an organized team of streamers on console overwatch whom all are in High masters through top 500’s. Our team gained a sponsor provided that there ever is a console Overwatch league and this sponsor is solely based on console games, but it seems as though the more the Overwatch league grows, the more the other half of Overwatch’s community is neglected; the console community. Overwatch just like any other game has two halves- the PC half and the other half made up by Xbox and PS4. All three of these have something in common; and that is that a lot of their players take the game very seriously and even take the time out of their daily lives to aspire to be something great in this game through scheduling with teammates and friends from accross countries and states figuring out time zones and what not just to play competitively and yet Overwatch console isn’t receiving any spotlight on the esports world. Unlike many of my teammates I’ve played PC but due to circumstances I switched to console and I find just as much of a competitive atmosphere as there is to PC. I like the idea of being an esports athlete because someone decided “hey I’ll sponsor your team because you are good and entertaining and I’m ready to back your team up when overwatchleague has a console branch,” but where is the attention on console? And if console was originally going to be neglected then why should serious gamers even play overwatch? This is a whole other side that could actually make overwatch an even bigger game than what it already is and opens up to so many opportunities and doors for not only overwatch to grow but blizzard in general. What do you guys think? Because it’s starting to feel demotivating and I can understand some of the toxicity on console and why people throw so much on console due to it being neglected like the red headed step child lol?
02/19/2018 10:01 AMPosted by NinSpeed
Hey everyone! I have been having doubts lately about overwatch in terms of how serious I should be taking this game. Currently I am a team member within an organized team of streamers on console overwatch whom all are in High masters through top 500’s. Our team gained a sponsor provided that there ever is a console Overwatch league and this sponsor is solely based on console games, but it seems as though the more the Overwatch league grows, the more the other half of Overwatch’s community is neglected; the console community. Overwatch just like any other game has two halves- the PC half and the other half made up by Xbox and PS4. All three of these have something in common; and that is that a lot of their players take the game very seriously and even take the time out of their daily lives to aspire to be something great in this game through scheduling with teammates and friends from accross countries and states figuring out time zones and what not just to play competitively and yet Overwatch console isn’t receiving any spotlight on the esports world. Unlike many of my teammates I’ve played PC but due to circumstances I switched to console and I find just as much of a competitive atmosphere as there is to PC. I like the idea of being an esports athlete because someone decided “hey I’ll sponsor your team because you are good and entertaining and I’m ready to back your team up when overwatchleague has a console branch,” but where is the attention on console? And if console was originally going to be neglected then why should serious gamers even play overwatch? This is a whole other side that could actually make overwatch an even bigger game than what it already is and opens up to so many opportunities and doors for not only overwatch to grow but blizzard in general. What do you guys think? Because it’s starting to feel demotivating and I can understand some of the toxicity on console and why people throw so much on console due to it being neglected like the red headed step child lol?

Play on PC, you are never going to get competive console gaming.

Thread /
Sorry, but consoles will always be the college leagues compared to the NBA.

PC will always be the superior platform, and thus, will be what the ESports will focus on. The best case scenario for you is if Blizzard took a serious attempt at making a different console league, but you've got to recognize that most people who want to watch, will want to see people on KB/M, not on a controller.
You're "sponsor" knows damn well there will never be a console league. Either switch to pc or accept you are playing for fun like 99.9 percent of the population anyways.
PC is just more compelling for viewers. It is a much faster game with much better accuracy and tactics. Console is fun to play, but will never be taken seriously in any FPS games.