Many many streamers are leaving Overwatch

General Discussion
The Top500/Pro streamers will stay but everyone else has been uninstalling it saying it's both too toxic and repetitive to keep playing. I personally love this game and want it to remain a popular game with a large community, but right now it's just too frustrating for them to play. OWL is much better because with real team comps and communication this game is beautiful.

I wonder what the devs are thinking of doing to reduce toxicity. The last two years have shown that the community is not capable of fixing itself and something externally needs to be done.
Leaving is a silly concept in general. It implies that you dedicated your entire gaming or streaming career to this one game, and I can't comprehend how the Top do it.

Just take a break and come back when in the mood. Stream other games for variety so that you don't get burned out on them. It might even attract a wider viewership.
A lot of these streamers hop on whatever's most popular atm, and Overwatch isn't the most hyped/popular game right now; it's Fortnite.

Muselk, for example, switched from Overwatch to Fortnite when Fortnite started getting popular.
They only play popular game because they live of that. As It was said Muselk is a great example he left Overwatch for Fortnite the same way he left tf2 to overwatch. Or look at all the people who left pubg for fortnite.

But yeah some streamer are leaving because of toxicity and a game like fortnite where you can play alone without anyone is interesting.
02/19/2018 04:15 PMPosted by ShellShock
The Top500/Pro streamers will stay but everyone else has been uninstalling it saying it's both too toxic and repetitive to keep playing. I personally love this game and want it to remain a popular game with a large community, but right now it's just too frustrating for them to play. OWL is much better because with real team comps and communication this game is beautiful.

I wonder what the devs are thinking of doing to reduce toxicity. The last two years have shown that the community is not capable of fixing itself and something externally needs to be done.
Honestly I would love to be able to stream and play well. Of course then I have to get a pro chair to sit in.
Who cares? Streamers will jump to what is popular to keep their stream count high. People want to see...guess what? The popular game. All these dudes are straight posers and their heart really isn't in the game.
02/19/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Gooby
A lot of these streamers hop on whatever's most popular atm, and Overwatch isn't the most hyped/popular game right now; it's Fortnite.

Muselk, for example, switched from Overwatch to Fortnite when Fortnite started getting popular.
Idk fortnite is more repetitive then overwatch. Oh bam you died what by? A shotgun lol next game(within minutes of starting)
Some people have that sort of personality type where they play one main game at a time. For myself it's Overwatch right now; before that it was LoL.
I tried to get more attention to this topic by promoting an Honor System:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760777858
@dradventure I also play fortnite with a friend and yes it is really repetitive. But don't forget it is a casual game and like a lot of casual game when casual players will get bored they will leave. What I love with overwatch and a lot of moba and mmo is that they have a community that will last a long time unlike casual games community.
Good.

*starts up twitch stream*

#moneyplz
Meh, streamers have threatened to leave this game since launch. Most of them come back. Those that don't? Oh well.

this just in: sometimes people get bored of playing the same video game and move on to different ones. Incredible.

Edit: The hard truth of it is that all of the competitive multiplayer video-games have toxic players in the community. It is a bi-product of having a game that is played against other people and having to reconcile one's ego with the fact that they cannot win every time. Some people can handle this, others cannot.