Medal for Damaged Blocked? More tanks plz

General Discussion
There is a medal earning stat for damage to heroes, eliminations, and healing done but there isnt one for damage blocked. Perhaps we would have more tank players if there was some kind of competition for them. I'm not a tank main myself so maybe I'm missing something but I think if they got a little more social love we would have more of them in our comp matches.
- yours, a support main
As a tank main their should definitely be a medal for that, although many times there is only one shield tank on a team so it wouldn’t be that big of an addition but just knowing that blizzard is think about that kind of stuff for tanks and supports to get more recognition than just DPS would be nice.
Does eating up ultimates count as damage blocked for D.va?
Also I do agree this should be a thing but poor Roadhog.
02/19/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Cobanat
Roadhog should get a “damage body blocked” for he has no way of protecting his team except for body blocking with his victorious secret physique.
02/19/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Nessle
Roadhog should get a “damage body blocked” for he has no way of protecting his team except for body blocking with his victorious secret physique.
I don't know how you'd code that. Every other tank can block damage so its not the end of the world roadhog can't.
02/19/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Bex
02/19/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Nessle
...Roadhog should get a “damage body blocked” for he has no way of protecting his team except for body blocking with his victorious secret physique.
I don't know how you'd code that. Every other tank can block damage so its not the end of the world roadhog can't.
I don’t think you could add it, I doubt there is a way for it to detect when you are taking damage and saving some one else I just think if they could it would make Roadhog more of a team player which is what tanks should be.
I always found it really weird that Eliminations and Objective kills weren't the same thing.

they're literally did you get a kill or a kill of someone standing on the objective.
This seems really redundant.

Especially when theres no tank medal. Count Damage Mei and Genji block too.
+1

Roadhog however does get access to the healing medal, which is something none of the other tanks can do, so I guess that evens out a bit.

D.Va, Rein, Orisa, Winston, and Zarya can all block or absorb damage, but none of them have self healing.

Roadhog can self heal, but cannot block or absorb damage besides just taking the shots at the expense of his own health.

I think it's a fair trade off.
5 gold medals as Symmetra?

Yeah dude, I got the damage blocked medal too!

Make it happen Blizz.