A little farewell... for now.

General Discussion
I guess it’s about my turn to do this, it’s hard to get over the fact that so many things will be lost in the event of the new forums. Either way we strive for a better day and look towards the future no less than the past days.

When I first came to the forums, I was a simple reader without a battle net. I read a bunch of posts dreaming I could do that as well. When I finally did get a battle net account, I strived to be like the people who could get on and write posts with ease, making a better thing out of all of us and always looking at the bright side. I wanted to do that as well, I wanted to change things for the better. Now I’m here writing a post to thank these people for supporting a girl with a dream. People who have changed the forums for the better. It’s amazing to see how much this place has grown and will continue to grow as we carry on.

Now, before the forums go away I would like to say a few things and thank several people.

The Positivity Council
This may be unfamiliar to most, but The Positivity Council is simply my way of talking about all the positive people on the forums who try to light that spark, even in the darkest times. A few noticeable members of this are RichC, JellyandJam, SunDragon, SunsetHippo, Titainum, xavvypls, and GenjiIsCool7. Now, this is only a few names, there are so many more of you that I strive to be like and spread positivity everywhere you go. Thanks for all the enlightening posts and keep it up in the new forums!

The Admins, Mods, and Members
Of the Zen Café. Lord knows I had no idea what I was getting into creating this little thread chain. Yet so many people supported it and now it’s here today, with 3 threads and a discord server. I have to thank the people of that chain for bringing it this far, but I want to specially thank the mods and admins who spend their days on the servers and the forums, prowling for positivity and fueled by the want to help others or have fun. These people are BorhonGamer, PyroPanda, MagyTheMage, shobr0, JSConnor, TidalWaves, SteveyHooves, Atlas, and Terx2. You help maintain these things and I can’t thank you enough for that times you’ve helped when I couldn’t. For sitting with me during those long nights when everything was breaking down and I couldn’t keep up. For facing the hardships that, more often than not, one person can’t handle. Keep up the amazing work guys!

You
Yes, you. The person who has taken time out of their day to sit and read a little post. The person who wants to help and looks towards the new forums. Without you and many others, a bunch of us wouldn’t be where we are today. We all have a significance in life, remember that. You mean so much to so many people, so be yourself and if you do change, do it for the better. Thank you for everything you have done for everyone.

Thank you all so much for adding your own creative touch to this world. It won’t go wasted, thats for sure. There is no reason to be sad that the forums are gonna go, because we’ll have a new training ground where we can make things different and work towards the light, sharing it’s glow with others. I’ll just say a little excerpt from a song that means a bunch to me right now, as it reminds me that we can get through all of this.

Maybe we’re perfect strangers,
Maybe it’s not forever,
Maybe the night will change us, Maybe we’ll stick together.
Maybe we’ll walk away,
Maybe we’ll realize,
We’re only human,
Maybe we don’t need no reason why.

I’ll see you all on the new side of the forums. Love you all more than I can and probably ever will admit! ❤️
See you on the other side you lovely nerd! (◕ω◕✿)
Hey, Borhon here. I’m glad I found that quaint little cafe, and I’m really glad to have been a part of that thread.

Never in a million lifetime would I expect myself to be engaged with such wonderful people, to be interacting with them.

Zen’s cafe may have been started by a young girl who just wanted to spread a little postivity in the forums, but instead, she was met with enthusiasm for her work.

I never thought through her thread, I’d be opening up to a lot of other people, through Discord, and whatever else way we could just communicate. I’d also never thought I’d be helping out a lot. It was a feeling, a gut feeling as I kept my eye on Reinhardt’s bar that maybe, NerdGurl quite couldn’t keep up so I decided, why not. So I helped, and helped some more and it just snowballed into this wonderful Discord server that’s just happily waiting for more people to join.

To my family in Discord, in Zen’s cafe and those who visit occasionally; it’s been my pleasure to meet you, to greet you, to keep a smile on your face when your feeling down. Let’s strive to keep up that postivity to the max!

And this goes for everyone else who have been keeping forums spirits joyful, happy, positive! THANK YOU! Thank you for being an inspiration!

However, my biggest thank you would go to that young girl who made the first Zen’s Cafe, the young girl who had a cup if tranquilitea in case beer didn’t quite do it justice and to the young girl who enabled me to continue spreading my own brand of positivity. I’m sure she’ll grow up to become a fine young woman.

I’m talking about NerdGurl720, thank you so much!
see you on the other side
Rip 1070 posts
02/20/2018 06:34 AMPosted by CowsGoMoo
See you on the other side you lovely nerd! (◕ω◕✿)
See you!

02/20/2018 06:52 AMPosted by BorhonGamer
Hey, Borhon here. I’m glad I found that quaint little cafe, and I’m really glad to have been a part of that thread.

Never in a million lifetime would I expect myself to be engaged with such wonderful people, to be interacting with them.

Zen’s cafe may have been started by a young girl who just wanted to spread a little postivity in the forums, but instead, she was met with enthusiasm for her work.

I never thought through her thread, I’d be opening up to a lot of other people, through Discord, and whatever else way we could just communicate. I’d also never thought I’d be helping out a lot. It was a feeling, a gut feeling as I kept my eye on Reinhardt’s bar that maybe, NerdGurl quite couldn’t keep up so I decided, why not. So I helped, and helped some more and it just snowballed into this wonderful Discord server that’s just happily waiting for more people to join.

To my family in Discord, in Zen’s cafe and those who visit occasionally; it’s been my pleasure to meet you, to greet you, to keep a smile on your face when your feeling down. Let’s strive to keep up that postivity to the max!

And this goes for everyone else who have been keeping forums spirits joyful, happy, positive! THANK YOU! Thank you for being an inspiration!

However, my biggest thank you would go to that young girl who made the first Zen’s Cafe, the young girl who had a cup if tranquilitea in case beer didn’t quite do it justice and to the young girl who enabled me to continue spreading my own brand of positivity. I’m sure she’ll grow up to become a fine young woman.

I’m talking about NerdGurl720, thank you so much!
This made me so happy and I honestly don’t have words. Thank you for everything you have done.

02/20/2018 06:54 AMPosted by SPGG
see you on the other side
See ya!

02/20/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Jacvk
Rip 1070 posts
I know the feeling. I’m glad I made 1000 before the deadline though.
Its been a hell of a ride.

I'll see ya on the other side, with more "BEER"
NerdGurl720

Was wondering when you would show up.

Let’s do this, see you on the forums 2.0;)
Your "positivity council" has known trolls and people who spam the forums with multiple topics to create drama.

Lmao.
I has been noticed

Yay
02/20/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Jacvk
Rip 1070 posts

;_;
Farewell you fine folks. Keep spreading the positivity when it relaunches.

People like me aren't as active as we used to be on the Blizz forums, but we appreciate you taking the time to make it a better place.
02/20/2018 07:07 AMPosted by shobro
Its been a hell of a ride.

I'll see ya on the other side, with more "BEER"
Ayy!

02/20/2018 07:08 AMPosted by JellyandJam
NerdGurl720

Was wondering when you would show up.

Let’s do this, see you on the forums 2.0;)
See you Jelly! Never Change!

02/20/2018 07:11 AMPosted by MagyTheMage
I has been noticed

Yay
:3

02/20/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Sheevah
Farewell you fine folks. Keep spreading the positivity when it relaunches.

People like me aren't as active as we used to be on the Blizz forums, but we appreciate you taking the time to make it a better place.
We’ll try to.
Where can I find info on these new forum changes?
02/20/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Ornery

Check the announcements tab
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761366034
02/20/2018 07:38 AMPosted by shobro
02/20/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Ornery

Check the announcements tab
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761366034

FINALLY... thank you.

I even googled and couldn't find a thing about it... just stuff about the season 8 comp changes.