Martial artist melee dps?

General Discussion
What would you guys think of a martial artist melee dps. I know you might be thinking doomfist right? Doomfist was nice and all, But i would like to see some sort of martial artist melee dps that does not over do mobility, but has low hp and hard hitting mystic looking abilities. maybe a nano infused martial artist?
If he’s low hp and hard hitting low mobility and melee... then even mercy could kill him before he was able to get close enough
If they were going to make a truly Melee focused DPS, they would have done it with Doomfist. They didn't, so I would be very shocked if they ever came out with one now.
Doomfist is pretty martial, dunno how artistic he is though... =/
02/13/2018 08:46 PMPosted by SoundSaint
I know you might be thinking doomfist right?

I am, since that's the closest we will ever get to a melee-oriented DPS hero.

Both Genji and DF are the standing pillars as to why melee is bad in a FPS. Not because of how they are currently, but because of the route it took to get them to where they are now. If they can't even balance Genji properly by fixing his hitboxes, I sure as hell don't trust them to make another DF-type of hero that is somehow worse.

Stick with the guns, and leave the melee fighting to the combat games.
Doomfist was the perfect fit, if only he was prioritized differently and given defensive options, with a primarily melee based attack and abilities that open or closed the distance.

Although if they did make a pure melee based hero, he'd probably need a fair enough trade off in terms of health or cooldowns/passives
Its crazy just how much they screwed up doomfist, not going to lie. Legitimately if I sat down for about 10 minutes I could redesign doomfist to work perfectly as a melee dps.
What would you guys think of a martial artist melee dps. I know you might be thinking doomfist right? Doomfist was nice and all, But i would like to see some sort of martial artist melee dps that does not over do mobility, but has low hp and hard hitting mystic looking abilities. maybe a nano infused martial artist?
SO the monk from D3?.......

theres a reason our only Melee character is a tank, he would either have to be crazy fast ( like faster then genji or tracer), or have invulnerable moves to get anywhere for this character to be viable, not saying no but needs more though into hold he works.
Reinhardt
enough said
Doomfist is literally a melee fighting martial artist character. He only has one ranged ability, and it's still only good close up. An immobile melee ranged character would be utterly useless in Overwatch.
02/13/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Maxy
Doomfist is pretty martial, dunno how artistic he is though... =/

He'd be the opposite of Bob Ross.

Instead of "Happy little trees" He covers his fist in paint and punches a hole through the canvas.
Genji. Weaponry (swords, stars, etc.) can be used in certain types of martial arts.