Hanzo Leap = Another way out of meteor strike

General Discussion
Meteor Strike seriously needs an update. Unless you are Ana or Zenyatta, anyone can very easily escape. Its more of an escape ultimate now than an offense ultimate.

Edit: EXPERIENCE TRANQUILITY
also doomfist's cute
honestly they should make it charge super duper fast and make it so you get full health when you use it(like 900 damage to charge) since doomfist already does low damage
The way I see it is rocket dva has made all low mobility heroes d teir or worse since they are as good as dead when she boops, shotguns, and rockets them all at the same time. Instead of tuning her down any, Blizzard has decided that adding mobility to these heroes will solve the problem. In a year's time every hero will have some movement ability and the game is going to look like a bugfight with everyone flying everywhere at all times.
Meteor strike should have a larger AOE and stun enemies
It's on a cooldown, so you can use center it on Hanzo after he uses it, just treat it as using it against McCree

Also, making it stun enemies sounds a bit too much, you can be on the outer edge and still get stunned for don't know how long, being in the center results in death either way
Having played against grandmaster Doomfists... Doomfist's ultimate providing an escape is the only thing the hero really needs to dominate. A significant portion of the cast is utterly helpless against a well-played Doomfist even when they have a healer on them, making him even more lethal than Tracer. The amount of burst damage he can do with good aim while animation canceling his primary fire is absolutely ludicrous, even if difficult to pull off.

Doomfist's weakness is that he is very unforgiving to player mistakes. When played perfectly, Doomfist can even challenge Pharah in the skies.

Doomfist doesn't need buffs. He needs a rework to moderate his impact across all skill levels, bringing up the median performance and dialing back the top-tier play a little bit. Call me biased for being a support main, but his one-shot every 4 seconds makes healing utterly irrelevant when the Doomfist is good enough to pull it off, and you can't even counter with Resurrection like against a sniper because Doomfist is still right there behind your cover waiting to kill your Mercy for trying.
02/15/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Orion
Having played against grandmaster Doomfists... Doomfist's ultimate providing an escape is the only thing the hero really needs to dominate. A significant portion of the cast is utterly helpless against a well-played Doomfist even when they have a healer on them, making him even more lethal than Tracer. The amount of burst damage he can do with good aim while animation canceling his primary fire is absolutely ludicrous, even if difficult to pull off.

Doomfist's weakness is that he is very unforgiving to player mistakes. When played perfectly, Doomfist can even challenge Pharah in the skies.

Doomfist doesn't need buffs. He needs a rework to moderate his impact across all skill levels, bringing up the median performance and dialing back the top-tier play a little bit. Call me biased for being a support main, but his one-shot every 4 seconds makes healing utterly irrelevant when the Doomfist is good enough to pull it off, and you can't even counter with Resurrection like against a sniper because Doomfist is still right there behind your cover waiting to kill your Mercy for trying.

This argument would hold merit if GM Doomfist's actually do well against other GM's.

Go ahead show me how awesome Doomfist has been handling the OW league. He simply isn't Tracer nor Genji.
02/15/2018 02:21 PMPosted by alfislegend
In a year's time every hero will have some movement ability and the game is going to look like a bugfight with everyone flying everywhere at all times.

Sounds like dive meta.
try to predict where your enemy is gonna land and then smash them ,
trust me , if meteor strike becomes more powerful , it would be the second rip tire , an ultimate that's incredibly hard to avoid getting killed by.
The point isn't to get a solo teamwipe. It's to leap into the enemy backline unimpeded, maybe get a lucky kill, but injure them all and enter the fight with a ton of shields and all of your cooldowns up.

Meteor Strike a lot like Tracer's Pulse Bomb. If you've got a teammate with CC to combo, awesome, get a bunch of kills, but otherwise, it's not designed to force a counter ult or get a multikill every time.
it should be better but at the same time I don't want it buffed to point where non-mobile heroes have no escape from it.

it's tricky to balance because its the only damage-dealing ultimate that makes its user completely invincible, so counterplay is limited.

I usually don't like the R word but I think meteor strike should be reworked.
02/15/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Kyaw
It's on a cooldown, so you can use center it on Hanzo after he uses it, just treat it as using it against McCree

Also, making it stun enemies sounds a bit too much, you can be on the outer edge and still get stunned for don't know how long, being in the center results in death either way

It doesn't kill tanks. I think it does 300 damage max. That or rocket punch.