Lucio's Song doesn't require a button press

General Discussion
Ignoring balance for a moment, disabling Lucio's song is simply inconsistent. Lucio doesn't press a button to activate it. It's always going, and he uses Crossfade to swap what it does.

Crossfade is locked during Hack. Hacking Wall Ride is consistent with the upcoming changes. However, turning off his passive song would be like turning off Reaper's lifesteal or Mercy's Regen. Lucio doesn't press a button to project his song.

Lucio's area of influence is incredibly small without Wall Ride. He wouldn't be able to artificially extend his AoE with his speed when Hacked, making it so that he has much less impact. Removing his mobility and locking his current song is more than enough for Lucio to feel the effects of Hack.
But sombra hack also disables passives now too once it goes live.

Button press or not, anything can be hacked. And everyone.
02/15/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Kryton
Except Tactical Visor, Primal Rage, Dragonblade etc...

Not all passives.

Not all passives. The devs were very clear: Only passives that require a button press are Hack-able in the new update. For example, it will turn off Mercy's Angelic Descent, but not her health regen.

Abilities that you need to activate won't be available while Hacked, but the ones that are truly passive and require no input from the player to use will still be active. Lucio's song falls into the latter category. Crossfade and Wall Ride should absolutely be Hacked, but Lucio's currently playing song doesn't fit with the other additions to Hack.

Lucio will become the only healer that stops healing when Hacked. Zenyatta's Orb of Harmony will stay active on its target. Ana, Mercy, and Moira all heal with their primary fire. Lucio would be left with no mobility, no utility, and no healing. It affects him more adversely than it would affect virtually any other target besides Doomfist.
Yeah I don't know what they're doing, he didn't need this.
02/15/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Gaze

Not all passives. The devs were very clear: Only passives that require a button press are Hack-able in the new update. For example, it will turn off Mercy's Angelic Descent, but not her health regen.

Abilities that you need to activate won't be available while Hacked, but the ones that are truly passive and require no input from the player to use will still be active. Lucio's song falls into the latter category. Crossfade and Wall Ride should absolutely be Hacked, but Lucio's currently playing song doesn't fit with the other additions to Hack.

Lucio will become the only healer that stops healing when Hacked. Zenyatta's Orb of Harmony will stay active on its target. Ana, Mercy, and Moira all heal with their primary fire. Lucio would be left with no mobility, no utility, and no healing. It affects him more adversely than it would affect virtually any other target besides Doomfist.

Genji double jumping and wall climbing are passives without a button. Same for Hanzo climbing that will be stopped.

Inconsistency is they key word here for Blizzard.
In my opinion, I think any hero with a shield bar in their health shouldn't get auto-regen while hacked, but that would be such a tiny change :P

Probably would be easier to shoot them...
02/15/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Kryton
02/15/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Gaze

Genji double jumping and wall climbing are passives without a button. Same for Hanzo climbing that will be stopped.

You press spacebar to double jump. You hold spacebar to wall climb.
02/15/2018 02:48 PMPosted by holytoledo
02/15/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Kryton

You press spacebar to double jump. You hold spacebar to wall climb.

Tousche.

i was thinking more like actual ability button presses like E or right click. I'm getting confused here now myself.
02/15/2018 02:36 PMPosted by holytoledo

Not all passives.

Technically true, but let's look at all passives currently in the game.

Bastion: Ironclad - Not hacked, but might as well be since hack forces Bastion into Recon mode. (Unless you hack an ulting Bastion.)
D.Va: Eject! - Not hacked, but honestly I can't see anything interfering with D.Va's ability to eject from her mech.
Doomfist: The Best Defense... - Not hacked, but might as well be since it requires Doomfist hit someone with his abilities.
Genji: Cyber-Agility - Hacked
Hanzo: Wall Climb - Hacked
Junkrat: Total Mayhem - Not hacked
Lucio: Crossfade - Hacked, although technically not a passive according to the hero info screen.
Lucio: Wall Ride - Hacked
Mercy: Angelic Descent - Hacked, although technically not a passive according to the hero info screen.
Mercy: Regeneration - Not hacked
Pharah: Hover Jets - Hacked, and despite having the same controls as Angelic Descent, is marked as a passive.
Reaper: The Reaping - Not hacked
Sombra: Opportunist - Not hacked
Torbjorn: Scrap Collector - Not hacked
Zarya: Energy - Not hacked

So I guess the question is this: Would the game's balance be improved or worsened if Sombra could hack the passives on the list above that aren't already hacked? I don't know.
I'm surprise Moira's lifesteal isn't affected by hack.