Is it possible to get POTG with new Mercy?

General Discussion
It was definitely hard, but possible to get POTG with old valk Mercy, but I haven't seen any Mercy POTG's since the nerf that killed her.
02/16/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Mulqueen
It was definitely hard, but possible to get POTG with old valk Mercy, but I haven't seen any Mercy POTG's since the nerf that killed her.

Yes, semi often.

One valk rez and a few kills or a lot of assists still does it
Are we trying to revert the nerf because some people can't get PotG's or be "on fire" with Mercy anymore? Jesus.
Yeah, but they are never exciting.
Yes, even like this I still keep getting POTG easier with her than with Ana :/
I've gotten a few. One was killing a few people, but the others were just not very exciting flying around holding right-click while my team wiped the enemy team.
I got a few while doing battle mercy things, but never on healing or damage boosting.

After the latest rework I usually also don't have a rez in the PotG.

I think Guardian Angel should probably count towards her on fire meter and for PotG calculations because zipping around and being a hard target while keeping your team alive makes for good mercy play... And is at least half way interesting to watch.
I've had several, it's easy. Same as right when mercy got her rework. Res one guy, and get 2-3 assists right after.

Easiest is resing a guy with ult so he can ult and get a triple kill. But you can also res and just dmg boost your team and hope for the best.
I see some Mercy PotGs when everybody else in the match hardly did anything. Pretty sure the PotG algorithm works on whoever gets the most amount of "Fire" within a ~12 second timespan. It's rare for Mercy to get more Fire than anybody else because she mostly gets Offensive and Defensive assists, which only rakes in 50 fire per kill at most. The people who actually deal damage would receive well over 50 fire.
Yes, she still gets PotG for a common Resurrect and some healing, as long as nothing too exciting happened that match. It seems to be weighted slightly higher than Lucio booping one tank off the map.
02/16/2018 03:14 PMPosted by inplane
I see some Mercy PotGs when everybody else in the match hardly did anything.

Or if there isn't a Genji or Junkrat on either side.
I see some Mercy PotGs when everybody else in the match hardly did anything. Pretty sure the PotG algorithm works on whoever gets the most amount of "Fire" within a ~12 second timespan. It's rare for Mercy to get more Fire than anybody else because she mostly gets Offensive and Defensive assists, which only rakes in 50 fire per kill at most. The people who actually deal damage would receive well over 50 fire.

Which is fine. A mercy POTG should definitely more then just assists
02/16/2018 03:21 PMPosted by CamKitty

Which is fine. A mercy POTG should definitely more then just assists

Problem is, Mercy can't do anything else other than getting assists or she's jeopardizing her team's chances to win. There's really nothing she can do to have a noticeable impact in a fight other than occasionally going Battle Mercy.
02/16/2018 03:01 PMPosted by HeyBooBoo
Are we trying to revert the nerf because some people can't get PotG's or be "on fire" with Mercy anymore? Jesus.

Nobody in this topic even remotely mentioned anything about reverts. Go stand in the corner, junior.
Got a few "lifesaver" potgs. Not really sure why, theyre sort of underwhelming.
you misspelled Ana
02/16/2018 03:01 PMPosted by HeyBooBoo

This might sound strange, but this is to some extent the heart of the request.
Not a buff necessarily, but a change, and not specifically so she can get POTG.

Mercy players want to have exciting moments where they feel like their actions and decisions swung a fight. They want to have those "Hell yeah!" moments where you feel like a hero.

Every other character in the game has those fun moments, and they tend to be what the player remembers most. I see you play a lot of McCree and Zarya. When you think back to your playtime, what were the best - the games where you did a good job maintaining high energy and shielding people from damage, or the moments where you caught 5 people in a grav in overtime and then killed them by yourself to get the win? Was it the games where you did a consistently good job keeping the enemy Pharah and flankers under control, or that high noon that got a team wipe, or that time where you popped off and got 3 head shot kills in 5 seconds?

All of those things are fun, but some are more memorable than others. You need all those kinds of experience in your game play. Currently, Mercy only has the consistent and steady part of her kit. What people are asking for is to have the other part as well. Play of the game is just a metonymy for that.