Ana should outclass Moira and Mercy in every way

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Highly Rated
When she's mastered.

Why doesn't she?

A hero with that high of a skillcap should NEVER be worse than heroes that easy to play
because alot of people who lack aiming skill are playing supports like mercy and moira and if ana becomes balanced (not op or anything just balanced) they would be wrekt therefore blizzard keeps ana underpowered and mercy and moira overpowered.
Highly Rated
Ana's value is about staying alive

As the only support without a clear way to stay alive (Healing passive, high damage, or high mobility) she struggles in that sense.

Ana's BEST tool is her Grenade; it is also her ONLY tool to heal herself. If you take a stray rocket or explosion for 120 damage, you use your grenade to heal. Yet it leaves you STILL under full health meaning you need to leave the fight for a health pack OR take focus from your other support.

Ana is a character that thrives in slower, closer games BUT with how the game has been mobility creeped (Doomfist, Sombra, Moira, Mercy, Widowmaker, Junkrat, new Hanzo*tm*) and how much faster the game is played, Ana doesn't really have a leg to stand on anymore.

She has ONE tool that has a 0.5 second delay before it is shot off to defend herself. It has a 12 second cooldown. Every single movement ability has a lower cooldown than that.

Ana's ONLY self healing has a 10 second cooldown. Every support has one that is faster and more consistent that CAN'T be blocked. Even Moira, if she can't life steal has her biotic orb that has the same cooldown BUT heals for MORE (Not to mention fade)

Ana needs at LEAST a form of healing passive at this point. Buffing her Sleep Dart or BioGrenade are VERY dangerous; they have the potential to be VERY overbearing if they're not kept in check with their restrictions.
Highly Rated
It's dumb. You have heroes like Widow, Soldier, McCree who become really powerful if you have the aim. A skilled Ana should absolutely be outperforming other supports. Moira is at the power level a practised Ana should be at. Moira should be a robust anti-flanker healer who sacrifices output. The balance decisions in this game drive me wild.
Widow should outclass Genji and Soldier in every way, why doesn't she?
02/17/2018 02:58 AMPosted by Tarshaid

She does if she is mastered? Except Genji is her counter so thats why. And even then Widow could still eat a Genji alive
That's not how game balance works, look at any class/hero based game, shooter or otherwise.
You're trying to tell me she doesn't ?
That's not really how this game works, also character difficulty is a personal opinion, what you find hard might not be hard for other players etc.

I do feel like they need to add a grappling hook or something to Ana though, its stupid for a sniper to have such low mobility.
Every hero in the game should be equally powerful when mastered.
She has the tools to be the most powerful healer (sleep dart is obviously good if you have the aim for it, and her nade is criminally underrated) what she currently lacks are the passives to take her that step further. She needs a better way to get health back other than wasting her nade on herself, and it's ridiculous that a sniper-healer is best rewarded for basically sticking her rifle up her tanks behinds - she needs to be able to get to better vantage spots faster than walking around up stairs forever.

Other than that the current meta just doesn't favor her. Winston is brutal on her with both his attack and his shield, and Tracer annihilates Ana within seconds unless she gets a lucky sleep on her. If we get a tank-heavier meta that relies more on death-ball you will see her more.
02/17/2018 03:05 AMPosted by Alhaitham
You're trying to tell me she doesn't ?

Not at close range. Not at shieldbreak or mobility or self-sustain. She can kill people faster and from farther away, which is huge, but she crumples pretty fast in a brawl and can be pretty hard countered.

[Ed: My point, in case it isn't clear, is that even if Ana is buffed (and I think she probably should be), she will always have some drawbacks compared to the "easier" supports as a tradeoff for her hugely valuable utility]
02/17/2018 03:11 AMPosted by Orion

No, a hero's strength when mastered should be based on how hard it is to master them.

Meaning Ana and Zenyatta should outclass every other support when they're mastered for the Main and Off healer class respectively.

EDIT: I'm not saying Lucio should be useless as an off-healer and Mercy/Moira should be useless as a main healer, I'm saying that a god Ana should ALWAYS be best on Ana, even if they're good at Moira too. Why should someone like Jehong or JJonak have to pick Moira because she's that much stronger than Ana, despite them being some of the best Ana players in the world, if not the best.

agreed.

but every hero in the game should be equally hard to master in that case.
02/17/2018 03:20 AMPosted by M3T4

No, a hero's strength when mastered should be based on how hard it is to master them.

Meaning Ana and Zenyatta should outclass every other support when they're mastered for the Main and Off healer class respectively.

EDIT: I'm not saying Lucio should be useless as an off-healer and Mercy/Moira should be useless as a main healer, I'm saying that a god Ana should ALWAYS be best on Ana, even if they're good at Moira too. Why should someone like Jehong or JJonak have to pick Moira because she's that much stronger than Ana, despite them being some of the best Ana players in the world, if not the best.

A hypothetical person who has mastered every support in the game should be encouraged to select their hero based on the composition of the rest of their team, the enemy team, and the map that they are on, rather than just picking Ana every game.
Because of her abilities and their massive cooldowns. It takes skill to use sleep dart, but its value is so easily reduced by a stray bullet. I feel that if an enemy is woken up early, they should at least take a hit to their speed for the remainder of time they should have been effectively removed from the battle.
02/17/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Orion
A hypothetical person who has mastered every support in the game should be encouraged to select their hero based on the composition of the rest of their team, the enemy team, and the map that they are on, rather than just picking Ana every game.

The hypothetical who has mastered all the supports should get the most value out of Ana instead of picking Moira instead of her in every situation besides Numbani A...
because blizz instead of buffing heroes like ana who are in the dumpster they nerf mercy
Genji should be outclassed by most other DPS then.
02/17/2018 04:00 AMPosted by VampireBride
because blizz instead of buffing heroes like ana who are in the dumpster they nerf mercy

To avoid powercreep.

They need to buff Ana slightly then nerf Moira down to her CURRENT level.