Ana should outclass Moira and Mercy in every way

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
02/17/2018 09:50 AMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Zwei
That means you're picking supports based on which support is less bad than the others and that's pretty unhealthy for the game. I haven't even seen a valid reason on why Moiras overturned at all from anyone.

See, what you're doing here is assuming Ana and Mercy are current UP and Moira is balanced, shift everything up by one.

Ana and Mercy are balanced and Moira is OP.

Nerf Moira down to their level (Slight nerfs) and all 3 become balanced

02/17/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Qwazi
A LOT of people think she's balanced and fine.

Alot of pro players think she's OP, to quote winz "Moira is grossly overpowered"

The opinion of pro players who are actually good at the game is much more relevant to balance than that of a bunch of platinum support mains on the forums.
The stats say otherwise. If Ana was balanced she wouldn't get screwed over by the majority of the cast most of the being dive heroes, meanwhile Mercy has minimal impact on a match due to averages rezs going down to 4 and her ult is just weak. I don't even trust pro players or their fans at this point with how their mentality is practically "If the support kills me or stops me from getting kills it should be nerfed" which is absolutely disgusting.
So are you telling me Ana should simply be 100% stronger than other heroes because yes? Well it's clear why you're not a game designers.

But anyway, Ana's kit already allow her to do 100% more than Moira, since Moira can only heal and damage. Mercy can ress and Ana will never be able to do that, but she can already shut down targets with two different abilities.
02/17/2018 08:58 AMPosted by M3T4
02/17/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Brawl
Ana is the strongest supporter in the game with sleep dart, anti heal and her burst healing if mastered. This is already the case.

Ana is outclassed by Moira in terms of sustaining her team.

Maybe, but only in healing. Her other abilities are way stronger than Moiras kit in terms of utility.

But like i said, barriers are killing her.
Ana needs more skill to do, so if your a pro it should feel rewarded
I don't understand how devs can turn a blind eye to Ana for so damn long. What are they so scared of?
I think easy heroes should thrive on lower levels, and then it becomes harder to play them at highter levels BUT NOT USELESS because there are many factors that affect a pickrate (is this hero good for this comp, is this hero good against the enemy comp or am i going to spend the time dying and dying?) And harder heroes should be difficult to play at lower levels and thrive more in higher levels. BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.

Ana is like Sombra, they should be at their best at higher levels for their requirements in order to be good, but they're always being outclassed because even though the requirement is still high, they're not rewarding.
02/18/2018 11:15 AMPosted by murkyN7
I don't understand how devs can turn a blind eye to Ana for so damn long. What are they so scared of?

Triple tank. Ana is a character that's always sitting in thin ice, you either buff her the wrong way and she becomes a monster or you nerf her wrong and she becomes useless.

I for one, believe that they should see what becomes of Ana after the Sombra re-work, Sombra is a direct counter to shields, barriers and flankers- everything that is making Ana feel so weak.
Ana is not a Main healer nor is she a solo healer, and she should never be regarded as such. Ana is a Tank Healer. She has such a high skill cap, because she's designed to heal tanks, and she has one of the strongest abilities in the game. Ana not only has the power to provide reliable, mass healing to tanks, but also to deny enemy tanks access to their own healing. If she were any easier to use, we'd be back in the triple tank meta.

I know a lot of people are saying that triple and even quad tank comps are viable now with Moira, but what they fail to grasp is that Moira's healing beam depletes fully in 9 seconds. This is what separates Ana from Moira as a burst healer. Ana has to reload, and should usually be played with a more reliable healer to offset her weaknesses, but in terms of keeping tanks alive, Ana is second to none.
02/18/2018 11:34 AMPosted by DangerBeans
Ana is not a Main healer nor is she a solo healer, and she should never be regarded as such. Ana is a Tank Healer. She has such a high skill cap, because she's designed to heal tanks, and she has one of the strongest abilities in the game. Ana not only has the power to provide reliable, mass healing to tanks, but also to deny enemy tanks access to their own healing. If she were any easier to use, we'd be back in the triple tank meta.

I know a lot of people are saying that triple and even quad tank comps are viable now with Moira, but what they fail to grasp is that Moira's healing beam depletes fully in 9 seconds. This is what separates Ana from Moira as a burst healer. Ana has to reload, and should usually be played with a more reliable healer to offset her weaknesses, but in terms of keeping tanks alive, Ana is second to none.

when Ana was meta (watch OW World cup 2016) Ana was used alot with a 2-2-2 comp. also after the tank nerfs Ana was used alot but since her damage nerf and mercy buff this was changed. I think they wanted to swap something but they made Ana ... not really useless but there is no reason to pick her..
02/18/2018 11:28 AMPosted by DǶvǶa

Triple tank. Ana is a character that's always sitting in thin ice, you either buff her the wrong way and she becomes a monster or you nerf her wrong and she becomes useless.

I for one, believe that they should see what becomes of Ana after the Sombra re-work, Sombra is a direct counter to shields, barriers and flankers- everything that is making Ana feel so weak.

I think all Ana just needs is sustainability for herself like the rest of the supports, they have some form of self heal that doesnt require you to waste your E on yourself. Her healing in general is fine, its just her sustainability and the power creep of barriers and dive heroes which are her weakness.

Im on board with waiting for the recent changes to go live, especially that Sombra buff.
Ana is a focus healer. She has 1 ability to heal multiple targets.

You will simply never see the same amount of value on Ana strictly in the healing department as someone who is able to support several allies at once.

Mercy can heal most of her team in Valk, Moira puts put fat heals with her balls. Lucio just heals for insane group amounts.

Ana pretty much makes someone unkillable and does some DPS on the side. You are making a trade off.

Ana plays great when mastered. Ryujehong proves this many times over, exceling at her when other teams wouldn't dream of picking her up.

If you think you've mastered her but are still struggling to find value on her, you probably haven't actually hit her skill floor yet.

Inb4 "you're gold though"
Because Ana while she is far better than the rest, is easily killed by divers like Genji, Tracer, Winston and D.Va. She also requires much more skill and practice and seeing as how many people hate playing healer I doubt theres hordes of players willing to practice her so they can play her on a whim in comp. People like Mercy and Moira because they are low-skill, High-survivability, High reward heroes that people can easily play for 3 seconds and call themselves "Flex players", similar to how Roadhog is a fat DPS in the tank category that DPS one tricks (not mains) can pick up and say they play tank.
02/17/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Blade
That's not really how this game works, also character difficulty is a personal opinion, what you find hard might not be hard for other players etc.

you can judge mobility, and heal/damage per second quite objectively
same with other things like their ultimates
Because she's a backline hero with a tiny hitbox.

She doesn't need to worry about frontline combat if she has good enough aim.
In exchange, she cannot be the most godlike healer.
maybe ana should start flying too when she ults xD that would be a fun game to play, also make zen fly around in trans. Moira? Why not flying lasers could be fun.
If you make Ana outperforming other support when she get mastered .... Competition will be unbalance cause pro player master their characters.

This is the problem with balancing.
02/18/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Dreadpap
maybe ana should start flying too when she ults xD that would be a fun game to play, also make zen fly around in trans. Moira? Why not flying lasers could be fun.

she learn flying from her daughter pharah lol :p
02/17/2018 02:24 AMPosted by M3T4
When she's mastered.

Why doesn't she?

A hero with that high of a skillcap should NEVER be worse than heroes that easy to play

Because every time a healer is the best healer in the game they'll get nerfed regardless of the fact that the other healers are only bad because they were nerfed.

Proof:

Lucio did too much for little effort. The first support nerf. His speed was too good for being too passive. I'd call old Lucio close to balanced as back then you could run any healer combo but he was the most used and therefore nerfed.

Ana was introduced and created the tank meta which mercy (the only other main healer) couldn't sustain. Mercy was also seen as a troll pick at the time. Due to Ana being the best healer she was nerfed into oblivion

Mercy therefore took anas mantle as ana was far too hard to gain value from and mercy was the only other choice if you wanted good geals . Mercy was therefore reworked despite being balanced and onky months prior considered a troll pick but nothing changed ?. She was somehow fine until Ana was nerfed. Perhaps because she was the only other option people saw her more often and complained. Why nerf a character when it's the only option to play as after destroying another ?

New mercy was the best hero. So they made her so unfun no one wants to play her.

Now all is left Is moira. Since ana is too hard to use and mercy is too boring, moira is now the best. Her nerf will come soon and bring an end to main healers all together, despite the fact that she's the best only because she hasn't gotten ridiculous nerfs like the others.

The problem is there is too little healers. They need to release 3 at once in my opinion 2 main and 1 off healer. There needs to be more so there can be different compositions and counter play between them. Currently 1 will always be better than the other 2 and that 1 will be nerfed. After the nerf one of the other 2 will be better and then nerfed again. So on and so on until healers have 0 impact
02/19/2018 01:32 AMPosted by Apollo7
Now all is left Is moira. Since ana is too hard to use and mercy is too boring, moira is now the best. Her nerf will come soon and bring an end to main healers all together, despite the fact that she's the best only because she hasn't gotten ridiculous nerfs like the others.

Ana is hard? So she'll still be used at the top level outside of Numbani A right?

Mercy is boring? Well the pro players don't care about that, they pick what wins them games.

If Moira is the most picked main healer outside of Numbani A and Pharmercy maps at the top level where players have not only masted Ana, but don't pick a hero purely because they're fun, but rather how strong they are, then it'll be evident she needs a nerf.

Mercy is balanced.

Moira is overtuned.

Bring Moira down to Mercy's level with some simple number changes and minor mechanic tweaks and she'll be balanced. I'm not asking to make her unfun to play, I'm asking to make her a hero that isn't the best main healer in every situation besides Pharmercy and Numbani A, which even then she'll probably still be a solid pick on Numbani A.
02/17/2018 10:00 AMPosted by MadSkull
again the skill argument.. really its getting old and annoying at this point.

I mean. Ana DOES require more skill.