Now that junkrat is nerfed we are right back into dive

Competitive Discussion
I hope yall are having fun facing genji/tracer/dva/winston in every game. Look I was just as sick of seeing junkrat in every game but is this any better honestly?
Just wait till Sombra goes live and you get a third flanker it'll be a bad time to play support.
No we're not. Is mine does the same damage if you actually practice, the grenade do the same damage and can destroy winstons barrier and hp. The trap is the same as ever. The only difference is jubkrat doesn't give huge value for no effort, get better and you'll be back to countering dive heros
02/17/2018 07:12 AMPosted by ToxicRampage
No we're not. Is mine does the same damage if you actually practice, the grenade do the same damage and can destroy winstons barrier and hp. The trap is the same as ever. The only difference is jubkrat doesn't give huge value for no effort, get better and you'll be back to countering dive heros
I am facing a LOT of dive as of late.
Junkrat isn't the only one that can counter dive...
02/17/2018 07:17 AMPosted by polishpimp
I am facing a LOT of dive as of late.

That's because all the heroes that are suppose to be more defensive oriented suck. High mobility and dive counters are in the worst states.

No it doesnt. The delay allows people to be outside the explosion by the time it calculates falloff. Its a lovely BS move behind "favor the shooter" wherein Junkrat doesnt.. ever get that advantage. Physics projectiles are on a tick behind everything else, and against flankers they have several advantages against it already. And for anyone else all they have to do is stay 10 meters or more away from junkrat to dodge his mine almost entirely. Woo, 30 damage, so scarry.
I think Dive coming back has more to do with the Mercy changes and having her drop out of favor. She didn't fit into dive very well as she had a hard time staying while keeping the team healed. Her ult could also negate the impact that dive could have on her team.

Now that her ult has less value and she also becomes a sitting duck when using Rez means that dive has become a thing again.

However I also have seen Quad and tripple tank come back as well. Its almost like we are starting to see a wider verity of comps start to be used.
Uhhh... What are you even talking about, OP? Junkrat is still seeing a lot of playtime, lol.
Forget about Genji and Tracer, quad tank makes dive look useless. A well executed quad tank comp has zero counter play for it unless you also run quad tank.
02/17/2018 12:49 PMPosted by HughMungus
Forget about Genji and Tracer, quad tank makes dive look useless. A well executed quad tank comp has zero counter play for it unless you also run quad tank.
tanks have disadvantage of range.
02/17/2018 01:01 PMPosted by polishpimp
02/17/2018 12:49 PMPosted by HughMungus
tanks have disadvantage of range.

If that's all it took, quad tank wouldn't be dominating right now, lol.
02/17/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Fenrir
02/17/2018 01:01 PMPosted by polishpimp
...tanks have disadvantage of range.

Haven't played a single quad tank game
02/17/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Obelisk
02/17/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Fenrir

Haven't played a single quad tank game

Consider yourself lucky then.
Quad tank comp doesn't need range when they can just walk onto your point and manhandle your entire team up close. You can poke at them all you want from a distance, but when they're on the objective you have to contest them, THAT is where quad tank shows it's true strength.
02/17/2018 09:58 AMPosted by BoopBot

No it doesnt. The delay allows people to be outside the explosion by the time it calculates falloff. Its a lovely BS move behind "favor the shooter" wherein Junkrat doesnt.. ever get that advantage. Physics projectiles are on a tick behind everything else, and against flankers they have several advantages against it already. And for anyone else all they have to do is stay 10 meters or more away from junkrat to dodge his mine almost entirely. Woo, 30 damage, so scarry.

Like any other projectile hero. You have to lead your shots. Hence why practice is nessesary so you can learn how much you need to lead by and the damage you'll
Junkrat isn't seeing any less play after his nerfs and tripple tank/Moira is rather difficult for dive to deal with, that's not even taking Sombra 2.0 into account.
I'm sorry , junkrat was nerfed?....lol
quad tank has lucio to uber them around to make up for the range! if you can get pugs to stay together