Solution to Toxicity

General Discussion
Just remove voice and text chat all together and use only predefined text such as "Heal me" and "capture", etc.
interesting solution but only part of the problem. this does nothing to prevent or curb the other types of toxicity; constant emoting in spawn, feeders, etc ...

but, like i said, interesting idea...
The only solution to toxicity is one we don't want to do, nor Blizzard can do. Delete the game. Toxicity is only going to get worse until we are all eventually punished for it, regardless of who were the toxic ones.
If there is no freedom of speech, then there would not be any verbal abuse. In a game like overwatch, only text like "Heal Me", "Attack point", "ready", etc. are useful in the match

If you need voice chat, then separately use skype or battle.net's voice chat.

There is essentially no need for a text chat at all.

Look at Splatoon as an example. Where is the toxicity in that game?
There are very useful features in the game that allow us to not use Voice and Text chat in the game, such as "Ignore" and "Mute". You can also change your in-game options to turn off Voice-chat, if need be.
Every game would be full of nothing but communication spam.
The issue becomes that one such message can become "that one". Where everyone knows that message means you're flaming.
Example: League's MIA ping.
02/17/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Morlen
The issue becomes that one such message can become "that one". Where everyone knows that message means you're flaming.
Example: League's MIA ping.

This, on Xbox in OCE, atleast when I played spamming "Thanks!" after a game was pretty much the way to flame your team after a loss, "Thanks for the loss you bots" kind of thing.