" you are at the SR you belong" fallacy

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11
02/19/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Sinnirr

BS reply...

Let those "high rank" players solo queue through a whole season starting from the 10 match qualifiers and see where they end up.

I can guarantee you they will not do that.

... /s?

You do realize most high rank players solo queue most of the time, right?
02/20/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Arzoo
02/19/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Sinnirr

BS reply...

Let those "high rank" players solo queue through a whole season starting from the 10 match qualifiers and see where they end up.

I can guarantee you they will not do that.

... /s?

You do realize most high rank players solo queue most of the time, right?

He's a delusional child crying because he can't accept that he's bad at the game. He won't realize anything lol
02/19/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Heihachi
02/19/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Roflknife
You lack gamesense and the ability to adapt on the go.
Youre not functioning properly when the game (your team) demands you to adapt.

You lack in most areas.
Bronze 800 is like the grandmaster of being bad.
It's an achievement to be stuck there.
You really have to suck hard to achieve that.

And the elitism beat goes on.
Perhaps it’s best not to get to GM. If I’m destined to have an attitude like yours, better to stay here in silver.

It’s funny you talk about gamesense. I’m....obsessed with overwatch, probably to an unhealthy degree. I absolutely love this game so much that I play on console as well. Loved the game to buy it twice.

And you know what?
I’m either near or at gold on console. My gamesense I guess, suddenly magically becomes way better on that platform!

It couldn’t possibly be that I run into way less trolls, throwers, leavers, and smurfs on console.

No way!
Again look at the front page. I have. I’ve lurked on these forums since the game released. I obsessively check it daily.

These complaints are on the front page. Every. Single. Day. With tons of upvotes.

I will not stop until we eradicate people who use racial slurs, sexist slurs, people who curse and shout into the mic, throwers, and leavers from this game.

Enjoy GM, you earned it champ. ;)

Im sorry heihachi, imagine these people are kazuyas and they are so much better than you. What happens? They trow you in to a Volcano. Instead of trying to justify why you are in bronze, you should maybe listen to them ??????
record a video of you playing, I aint no expert but Im sure even I can tell you why you suck.....im sorry.....
02/20/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Makankosappo
02/19/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Heihachi
And the elitism beat goes on.
Perhaps it’s best not to get to GM. If I’m destined to have an attitude like yours, better to stay here in silver.

It’s funny you talk about gamesense. I’m....obsessed with overwatch, probably to an unhealthy degree. I absolutely love this game so much that I play on console as well. Loved the game to buy it twice.

And you know what?
I’m either near or at gold on console. My gamesense I guess, suddenly magically becomes way better on that platform!

It couldn’t possibly be that I run into way less trolls, throwers, leavers, and smurfs on console.

No way!
Again look at the front page. I have. I’ve lurked on these forums since the game released. I obsessively check it daily.

These complaints are on the front page. Every. Single. Day. With tons of upvotes.

I will not stop until we eradicate people who use racial slurs, sexist slurs, people who curse and shout into the mic, throwers, and leavers from this game.

Enjoy GM, you earned it champ. ;)

Im sorry heihachi, imagine these people are kazuyas and they are so much better than you. What happens? They trow you in to a Volcano. Instead of trying to justify why you are in bronze, you should maybe listen to them ??????
record a video of you playing, I aint no expert but Im sure even I can tell you why you suck.....im sorry.....

I disagree wholeheartedly with what you’ve written, and to be quite frank, you sound like an elitist.

But damn did that post make me laugh.

Tekken forever!
02/20/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Djinn
Can we rename this post to "Crying Corner"? It's extremely fitting. Like a cozy place to all the stubborn, truth-denying and delusional players to group up and cry about how the game is always helping the other team, even though the only thing that every team you're in has in common is, well, you.

Did you read Eclipse’s post? The one right above this one?

One of your elitist buddies tried to climb out using his friends account in low gold.

He failed.

The throwers, smurfs, leavers, andtoxic players drove him off.

Your posts show me that you’re one of those that blame people for their misfortunes.

This is a critical error to make.

Just a thought.
02/20/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Xander
There really isn't an excuse for being stuck in low bronze. It is not possible to be a significantly better player stuck in a rank that low. Maybe you are a 1000 SR player, but there isn't a huge difference between 1000 and 700.

I see that you are mainly playing by filling, which is your first mistake. Why are you playing heroes like Reinhardt who require a team to actually back you up? You really expect that much in low bronze? The easiest way to climb is to 1 trick a DPS. Sure it sounds stupid/toxic, but the system favors 1 tricking until diamond. Filling is not a viable strategy until higher ranks. You need to focus on 1-2 core heroes to get good at, and stop trying to fill tank / support all the time, because all that does is flip a coin on whether you will win the game or not. Your win rates on Reinhardt and Moira are hardly 50%. By always being stuck on tank and healer, you are pretty much flipping a coin on whether or not your team knows how to group up and focus targets.

You need to learn a "carry" hero. Heroes like Soldier, Tracer, Genji, Pharah, or McCree. They work in pretty much every situation and can have enormous outplay potential. If you want to play a tank, play D.va, Roadhog, or Zarya. These tanks can carry just as much as a DPS hero can, and are more focused on dealing damage than tanking.

I began the game as a gold player and tried to fill too. It never worked out. It was win / loss / win / loss. I pretty much 1 tricked Genji up until high diamond or low master. Been filling and playing flex support since, and win most of my games in masters as support as opposed to the seemingly forced 50% win rate that I had in gold.

This is actually decent advice!

One problem though.

EVERYONE in low ranks are taking it, and when that happens, you end up with teams of 6 dps.

Toxicity ensues.

I don’t think people understand how well designed this game is in terms of team reliance and synergy. It’s almost as if blizzard did TOO good a job at balance.
You can’t mention pros like IQQD who I’m confident could probably solo (or at least kill four of us before dying to a stray bullet) a team of six of us, myself included.

You’re telling me that in order to correct for toxicity, trolls, throwers, and leavers I have to be grandmaster level in order to climb out of silver!

It’s like world of Warcraft. No one would DREAM of going into a raid without tanks and healers. It’s literally unthinkable.

And yet people cite this as a viable strategy to climb.

It won’t work.

The good news is that I believe blizzard has something in the works for this. Something that we’re all gonna like.
02/20/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Heihachi
02/20/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Djinn
Can we rename this post to "Crying Corner"? It's extremely fitting. Like a cozy place to all the stubborn, truth-denying and delusional players to group up and cry about how the game is always helping the other team, even though the only thing that every team you're in has in common is, well, you.

One of your elitist buddies tried to climb out using his friends account in low gold.

He failed.

Your posts show me that you’re one of those that blame people for their misfortunes.

Just a thought.

I'm not an elitist. I'm someone who climbed out of gold (playing solo) by getting better, not by crying in forums. Y'all need to stop hiding behind the " If it weren't for this teams I would be higher" curtain, and realize that the only thing all your teams have in common is you. If you're so good as you say, the enemy team is always at a disadvantage, because they have 6 randoms, yours have you + 5 randoms.
02/20/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Djinn
02/20/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Heihachi

He failed.

Just a thought.

I'm not an elitist. I'm someone who climbed out of gold (playing solo) by getting better, not by crying in forums. Y'all need to stop hiding behind the " If it weren't for this teams I would be higher" curtain, and realize that the only thing all your teams have in common is you. If you're so good as you say, the enemy team is always at a disadvantage, because they have 6 randoms, yours have you + 5 randoms.

The chances of me running into SIX people on the enemy team who absolutely dont give a damn about the games outcome is so abysmally low that that argument simply isn’t worth making. If there is even ONE person on the enemy team genuinely trying to win, the chances even out.

You just ran into less trolls, throwers and leavers than the rest of us.

In any case, congratulations on your climb. I don’t want to knock on your success man, all he people want when they play overwatch is fair and untainted games, where when we lose it feels fair, where when we lose, we can truly say it’s our fault.
Not the throwers.
Not the troll’s.
Not the leavers’.
Ours.

I want the date of my SR to be in MY hands, not the hands of the disillusioned, bitter, and angry players you run into down here.
Your SR is in your hands. I played almost 300 games the season I got out of gold. If you really think I never run into leavers, trolls and throwers, you're just lying to yourself. Take at look at your stats, take a look at your VODs. You'll see that you're not as good as you think you are, but with the right mindset, you can improve a lot, and actually become a Platinum level player. Right now, the reason you are stuck in low gold is (almost certainly), the fact that you're playing like a low gold player.
02/20/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Djinn
Your SR is in your hands. I played almost 300 games the season I got out of gold. If you really think I never run into leavers, trolls and throwers, you're just lying to yourself. Take at look at your stats, take a look at your VODs. You'll see that you're not as good as you think you are, but with the right mindset, you can improve a lot, and actually become a Platinum level player. Right now, the reason you are stuck in low gold is (almost certainly), the fact that you're playing like a low gold player.

Ah, I was in low gold. I wish I were stuck there. People knock low gold, but I would have been more than content to stay there.

Instead, I went on a 20 game loss streak, where every game had AT least one leaver, guaranteed.

Most games had a combo of a toxic player (due to a widow or Hanson pick, I mean cmon! Let the guy try it!), a troll, a thrower, or a smurf on the other team spamming “git gud” as he utterly decimated us.

Now I can barely keep myself out of bronze.

I am more than happy to take responsibility for where I’m at, but I can’t in good faith do so because these factors utterly skew my games. I can’t honestly assess where I truly belong, until these factors are removed or GREATLY disincentivized (someone suggested giving a leaver the total amount of SR loss that would have been given to the members of the team at once and no loss to those who stayed, which is a great idea).

Whatever blizzard decides, I have faith that they are working on a solution. Im betting on that.