Keep Moira as powerful, but make her skillful!

General Discussion
Just make Moira’s beam behave exactly like Zarya’s beam like many Moira players claim it is.

Before you downvote keep in mind that this is not a nerf. Good Moira players can still hit their beam nearly 100%, it is just that people can’t just pick up Moira and never miss a shot like it is right now.

And before you say Moira’s beam is already as difficult as Zarya beam, play Zarya and feel for yourselves, can you lock on a tracer with ease?

I wish one day people can watch a pro Moira and say: look at her perfect tracking!
Highly Rated
Good idea. We should make winston's gun work like zarya's beam too. It won't nerf winston, since good players won't be impacted.

In fact, we should make all beams require headshots to deal damage, otherwise they don't count as a hit and deal 0 damage. Beams would still be powerful, just more skillful.
Define skill

Because all I see are opinions of what skill should be at this point. There is skill to every character

Maybe when facing her you should play more skillfully. Sometimes you have to switch off
Your chars are:

Hanzo
Winston
Mercy
Reaper
Mei

I'm sorry what is the point you're trying to make, when Moira literally requires more aim than all of these, except maybe Mei. Hanzo spam doesn't count as aim.
Every hero can easily be picked up and played to effectiveness so long as you have a basic understanding of their kit and how their ability work. In this sense, even Genji is as easy to play as say a Winston. HOWEVER, to master a hero is a different ball game altogether. These are what the stars are for, not to say "Hey, this hero is super hard to be able to use at all!" but to say, "Anyone can play this hero and be effective, but to perfect your skills on said hero, you must be willing to put in this much time and dedication to them"
Oooh never realized he is a salty hanzo main who keeps getting flanked by dps Moira

Watch your 6

#healingorbs
02/18/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Roomba
Your chars are:

Hanzo
Winston
Mercy
Reaper
Mei

I'm sorry what is the point you're trying to make, when Moira literally requires more aim than all of these, except maybe Mei. Hanzo spam doesn't count as aim.
First of all Moira needs more aim than Hanzo, just let that settle in. I am sure you will be a fine Hanzo. Second I haven’t played on this account for a year.
Are the people who want Moira nerfed a bunch of Russian types?

First it was Mercy. As soon as the nerf hammer fell, everyone jumped on the "nerf Moira" hype train.

It's pretty fishy that there's a concerned effort by certain groups on this forum to gut heroes 1 by 1, usually supports and tanks.

Moira is fine. God forbid a support (or any hero) is powerful in their own right. Either kill her, or counter her. It's not difficult; it's working as intended.
Sure, Moira is very easy. But people need an easy engaging hero, cause Mercy certainly isn't fun atm.
Just tone her visuals down and fix her healing going through shields, everything else can be determined at a later point.
I just hope she won't be so strong everyone has to play her to win like Mercy, cause she certainly isn't as fun as the other supports(excluding Symm and Mercy of course)
02/18/2018 07:07 PMPosted by ChillPill
Just make Moira’s beam behave exactly like Zarya’s beam like many Moira players claim it is.

Before you downvote keep in mind that this is not a nerf. Good Moira players can still hit their beam nearly 100%, it is just that people can’t just pick up Moira and never miss a shot like it is right now.

And before you say Moira’s beam is already as difficult as Zarya beam, play Zarya and feel for yourselves, can you lock on a tracer with ease?

I wish one day people can watch a pro Moira and say: look at her perfect tracking!

Your little passive-aggressive rant is cute. You main Hanzo and Winston and you're complaining about Moira and skill. Hanzo with his E/Q to win and Winston's primary fire which auto-locks on multiple targets.

Over half the hero roster in Overwatch has machine guns, autolocks, spray n' prays, explosives and press Q to delete the enemy team. If you have a problem with that then Overwatch is not the game for you.
02/18/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Roomba
Your chars are:

Hanzo
Winston
Mercy
Reaper
Mei

OBJECTION TO THE REAPER AND MEI!
Her problem isnt that she doesnt require skill, its that she does a lot for how easy she is to play. Id say the hardest part about Moira, is knowing when to heal. Learn how to manage your heals, and your basically at her skill ceiling. It's just too much, and then at a certain point, you can't get any more skilled with her.

I can honestly say, after playing time on both Mercy and Moira, Mercy is more difficult than more. Only thing is, to a lot of people, Mercy just isn't fun. So they have to find a way for Moira to still be fun, but not do so much with such ease.
02/18/2018 07:07 PMPosted by ChillPill

Oh the irony. You claim people are understating the lock-on (I’ve actually NEVER seen anyone say it’s exactly like Zarya’s beam), while overstating it like it’s Symmetra’s beam yourself. It’s neither, and you’ve just proven you have no place to talk on the issue.

Following your logic, we should take away all mobility because it just makes flanking way too easy and removing those abilities would make them more skillful. Also make everything a one-shot so that surviving a battle is more skillful. And we should also make all head hitboxes one pixel large and reduce all hurtboxes to one pixel so you need perfect accuracy, because that makes it more skillful and it’s ALWAYS a good thing to make things maximally skillful.
Then you'd need to buff her DPS to compensate. She has some tracking with her gun but only deals 50 DPS.
02/18/2018 07:14 PMPosted by OWSaint
Oooh never realized he is a salty hanzo main who keeps getting flanked by dps Moira

Watch your 6

#healingorbs

Lol, all he would need to do is one scatter arrow to the ground and he kills the Moira XD
I have a theory that the tears of the forum haters are used to fuel Moira's biotic grasp
When people say Moira's alt fire requires the same tracking as Zarya's, they're referring to the hitbox.
02/18/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Xian396
Imagine Zarya's maximum charge beam. It's cylindrical. Now imagine this cylinder being transparent and acts as the hitbox. If an enemy or object enters the cylindrical hitbox, a thread tethers from moira's hand to the object or enemy. Simple as that. Which is why gameplay wise Moira's alt fire requires the same tracking as Zarya's primary, in comparison to Winston's and Symmetra's.

Now if we make the animation mechanics of Moira's Alt Fire similar to Zarya's Primary, you'd be looking at a Mini Coalescence that's practically always on. Moira's alt fire doesn't have ammo (justified by it's low damage and the fact it's required to charge resource), so can you essentially keep pressing RMB forever. Basically, making it an eternal 21m long fat lightsaber. It'd be too much a visual clutter.

Which is why it makes sense that despite it having similar gameplay of requiring tracking, Moira's alt fire needs to have a soft lock on mechanic and animation. It allows her to spam RMB without it disturbing other players as they wouldn't see the beam unless it's latched onto someone or something. Another reason is that the soft lock on animations makes it clearer to track someone from far away. Keep in mind Moira's alt fire has a range of 21m, if it's animation is similar to Zarya's high charge primary, the player themselves would have a hard time tracking enemies past ~15m as the visuals of their attack would clutter their own screen.
02/18/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Dorian
Her problem isnt that she doesnt require skill, its that she does a lot for how easy she is to play. Id say the hardest part about Moira, is knowing when to heal. Learn how to manage your heals, and your basically at her skill ceiling. It's just too much, and then at a certain point, you can't get any more skilled with her.

I can honestly say, after playing time on both Mercy and Moira, Mercy is more difficult than more. Only thing is, to a lot of people, Mercy just isn't fun. So they have to find a way for Moira to still be fun, but not do so much with such ease.

You can't say she doesn't require skill, then turn around and complain that she isn't healing you.
02/18/2018 11:58 PMPosted by Xaron
02/18/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Dorian

You can't say she doesn't require skill, then turn around and complain that she isn't healing you.
Well, technically, you can. A low skill floor doesn't stop people from being bad. Or am I misunderstanding your argument?
Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken.