Is junkrat really that good?

General Discussion
I main him as a lvl 15 scrub tier player and wonder whats so OP about him?

I have had some good games and some games where Genjis and Tracers roll me all game because i just cant land a shot. Pharah counters him from the air and i feel like my rip tyres are 50% hit and 50% insta killed.

I have found hes really good one defending nodes and payload games he can have some insane pressure on the attackers but all in all i find im just out gunned vs a lot of classes that have direct shot attacks vs my bouncy bomb slow attacks (yes i use mines and traps in close quarters)

Any good players thoughts on this hero? Is he reliant on team mates or am i just doing it wrong, even though i have had some awsome wins with him. Thanks
Not really, he just wrecks new players that don't know how to use range against him, and dodge.

Also Mercy mains hate him because of how often they get solo-ulted by Tire. (Genji and Soldiers have the decency to save Ult for a multikill)
Yes
02/18/2018 07:49 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
Not really, he just wrecks new players that don't know how to use range against him, and dodge.

Also Mercy mains hate him because of how often they get solo-ulted by Tire.

EVERYONE gets solo ulted. Everyone. And it's not because they were doing well, it's because tire is so easy to get.
People get mad when their bad gameplay is ruined by Junkrat, so they come to the forums and whine about it.

Junk is extremely inconsistent but it quite deadly in the right hands.

Learning to aim the nade can be massive. Getting a direct hit with those is impactful, but you have you to pretty close up.

People also complain about his spammy nature when it comes to chokes, but they fail to coordinate between themselves and go in first with shields or to use flanks properly.
02/18/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Dorian

EVERYONE gets solo ulted. Everyone. And it's not because they were doing well, it's because tire is so easy to get.

Hog and D.Va don't get solo ulted. And I go after supports first and foremost or ulting characters.
02/18/2018 07:53 PMPosted by DrgHybrid

Hog and D.Va don't get solo ulted. And I go after supports first and foremost or ulting characters.

Idk how much comp you play, but you get tire a lot quicker in comp than you do in QP simply because tanks are played. It's relatively easy to feed off a hog or rein, and get tire like that. Then go after the Supports, or one or both of the DPS.
02/18/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Dorian

Idk how much comp you play, but you get tire a lot quicker in comp than you do in QP simply because tanks are played. It's relatively easy to feed off a hog or rein, and get tire like that. Then go after the Supports, or one or both of the DPS.

So maybe your tanks should stop feeding?

Junkrat actually has one of the slowest passive Ult charge rates and a midtier amount of damage needed for the Ult.
02/18/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Dorian

Wait, that's flopping the thing now. I wasn't talking about feeding the power for an ult. You were talking about getting solo ulted. Which what I stated is true. Gotta stick to one story here.
As a Junkrat main since Season 3 (so I have way more knowledge and experience than a self-proclaimed Grandmaster Junkrat who's only been playing him after the buffs), let me be the first to say:

CONGRATULATIONS!

On your decision to main everybody's favorite australian bomber and bbq cook: Junkrat!

Junkrat's pretty good for alot of scenarios. Good examples that you would find in many situations (aka matches) include:

*Team Fights
*Choke Spamming
*Fighting people grouped up (he's pretty much a counter to grouping up)
*Tank Busting/Shield Busting
*Flank Stopping (with trap people will fall for it at least once)
*Ambushing
*1v1ing
*Long Distance Harassment with Spamming
*Attacking the enemy team without putting yourself in danger (RIP-Tire)

So to answer your question short and sweet, yes he's really that good and you made a great decision deciding on maining him. Keep on junking, fellow Junker.
Don't be afraid of throwing your concussion mine at tracers/genjis when they get close.

Watch out for gengus deflect of course.
02/18/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Fireboy769
As a Junkrat main since Season 3 (so I have way more knowledge and experience than a self-proclaimed Grandmaster Junkrat who's only been playing him after the buffs), let me be the first to say:

CONGRATULATIONS!

On your decision to main everybody's favorite australian bomber and bbq cook: Junkrat!

Junkrat's pretty good for alot of scenarios. Good examples that you would find in many situations (aka matches) include:

*Team Fights
*Choke Spamming
*Fighting people grouped up (he's pretty much a counter to grouping up)
*Tank Busting/Shield Busting
*Flank Stopping (with trap people will fall for it at least once)
*Ambushing
*1v1ing
*Long Distance Harassment with Spamming
*Attacking the enemy team without putting yourself in danger (RIP-Tire)

So to answer your question short and sweet, yes he's really that good and you made a great decision deciding on maining him. Keep on junking, fellow Junker.

Idk why but this made me want to get good at him. Thanks for the reply! Gotta work on that 1v1ing part :p
02/18/2018 08:07 PMPosted by SaVaGeOnE
Idk why but this made me want to get good at him. Thanks for the reply! Gotta work on that 1v1ing part :p

He'll be an extremely rewarding character. There's just something about blowing people and things up that puts a smile on my face.

But, there is one fatal flaw. If you spend as much time playing him as I have (since beta, over 200 hours) then you might start to laugh like him. o.O

Not quite true, I've had so many games where the tire passes through me and just flies straight to healers most of the time
As a Junkrat main (albeit a casual one) since launch, welcome to the club!

To answer your question, yes he is! Junk isn't viable in every situation, but there are plenty of niche spots for him to shine!

I love his character, I love his kit, I love his playstyle, everything about him is 10/10!

Your team will have to build around him in order to be truly effective, but Junk can Gold hero damage and elims pretty easily.

I just love trolling the enemy team and laugh when they rage because they're stupid enough to walk into grenade spam or a trapped health pack!