Moira needs a nerf

General Discussion
Sike. NO. She does NOT.

LEAVE.

HER.

ALONE.

DPS MAINS.
I felt we really needed another thread about this, so thank you for doing it.
02/19/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Mewtwo
LEAVE.

HER.

ALONE.

DPS MAINS.
I’m not a DPS main, and I want her nerfed. So it’s not just DPS mains.
I'm far from a dps main. I think she could be pulled back a little, but not much. Just something simple like a little less range on the grasp or a slightly slower ult charge. Nothing drastic like what they did to mercy.
All I read is "FILTHY DPS MAINS REEEEEEEEEEEE"
02/19/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Mercy
LEAVE.

HER.

ALONE.

DPS MAINS.

You don't want Moira Nerfed, you want Mercy defensibility buffed because she still hides, which is a far more intelligent thing to suggest.
02/19/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Mercy
LEAVE.

HER.

ALONE.

DPS MAINS.

You never fail to distinguish yourself from the 500 other people that go by Mercy because of posts like these.
02/19/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Floralwaters
You don't want Moira Nerfed, you want Mercy defensibility buffed because she still hides, which is a far more intelligent thing to suggest.
Nope. I know what I want, and it’s Moira getting a nice big nerf to bring her in line since she is currently overpowered.
Please, in the final days of these forums, can we all stop the whole DPS main vs. support main thing? It's old, it's made-up, it's unnecessary, it's unproductive, it's toxic. If people are going to discuss the balance of Moira, let them regardless of their preferred role. All inputs are valid as we all play the same game from different perspectives.
02/19/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Mercy

Nope. I know what I want, and it’s Moira getting a nice big nerf to bring her in line since she is currently overpowered.

We get it, Mercy aint meta and shes not popular and good as she was. Stop bringing down Moira to Mercys level thats like saying you want someone to become a corpse and a shamble of their former self.
02/19/2018 12:22 AMPosted by Crestren
02/19/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Mercy

We get it, Mercy aint meta and shes not popular and good as she was. Stop bringing down Moira to Mercys level thats like saying you want someone to become a corpse and a shamble of their former self.

Moira is overtuned.

Mercy is balanced.

Making Moira balanced by bringing her inline with Mercy wouldn't kill her as a hero.

Tune her numbers and she'll be fine.
02/19/2018 12:19 AMPosted by VMajoris
500 other people that go by Mercy
Actually, none of the other “Mercies” even post here anymore. I’m the only one left.
Not cool man. i had this one.....
02/19/2018 12:24 AMPosted by Mercy
02/19/2018 12:19 AMPosted by VMajoris
500 other people that go by Mercy
Actually, none of the other “Mercies” even post here anymore. I’m the only one left.

Can’t blame them when you give them a bad reputation.
02/19/2018 12:23 AMPosted by Luca

Moira is overtuned.

Mercy is balanced.

Making Moira balanced by bringing her inline with Mercy wouldn't kill her as a hero.

Tune her numbers and she'll be fine.

Mercy is balanced? Sure. Is Mercy fun to play and worth playing? HAH.

People dropped Mercy because of the latter and picked up Moira because she is balanced and fun at the same time. She has a good and worthwhile ult, strong healing eventhough lacking utility unlike every other support, not weak against flankers and engaging to play.

You saying Moira should be balanced like Mercy is like telling an someone having a job thats fun and getting good pay to get another thats boring but have the same pay.
It's funny that people act like forum posts will change balance. The dev team is going to break the balance the way they want to, anyways.
02/19/2018 12:29 AMPosted by VMajoris
Can’t blame them when you give them a bad reputation.
I have the right to have my own opinions, no matter how much they’re looked down upon.
02/19/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Crestren
People dropped Mercy because of the latter and picked up Moira because she is balanced and fun at the same time. She has a good and worthwhile ult, strong healing eventhough lacking utility unlike every other support, not weak against flankers and engaging to play.

Moira is objectively a stronger pick than Mercy, it's nothing to do with fun.

If Mercy is a good hero then I guess we'll see her outside of Pharmercy maps in the OWL? Right? In the OWL how fun a hero is isn't relevant, if it's a good pick they'll use it. Meaning if Moira is a good pick in every situation besides Pharmercy and Numbani A she's overtuned.

02/19/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Crestren
You saying Moira should be balanced like Mercy is like telling an someone having a job thats fun and getting good pay to get another thats boring but have the same pay.

I'm saying they should have the same impact.

Tune Moira's numbers, surely her numbers being brought inline with other main healers wouldn't hurt how fun it is to play her at all.

Moira is objectively a stronger pick than Mercy, it's nothing to do with fun.

If Mercy is a good hero then I guess we'll see her outside of Pharmercy maps in the OWL? Right? In the OWL how fun a hero is isn't relevant, if it's a good pick they'll use it. Meaning if Moira is a good pick in every situation besides Pharmercy and Numbani A she's overtuned.

It DOES. Tell me, whats so interesting to even PLAY Mercy compared to Moira now?

Pre-rework, she had to time her ult to impact her team. She had to be careful and be aware of your surroundings especially for flankers. If you had your ult and a flanker comes in, its 50/50 that you're going to die. But if you escape from them and save your team. Boom, you saved the day and made an impact on your team. Your rez was rewarding because you actually made an effort to get it.

Current Mercy? You just fly and heal from a distance. Congratulations, you get an aerial view of your team. THATS IT. Your rez is just handed to you every 30s and your free food if someone comes in.

Now lets see Moira. You get to DPS in contrast with the rest of the supports in order to heal. Eventhough its low, you get to keep your distance from them in order to charge it. Her main form of healing is AoE via orbs and spray that when grouped up does tremendous healing. You have mobility to move you around especially against flankers or to move around to help recharge your heals. Your ult eventhough the damage isnt high, is still worth it because you get to heal and do damage at the same time.

Why bother playing other heroes if theres nothing intersting about them? Fun and balancing both play a role, why did you even think that D.va and Lucio were reworked to begin with?

Ffs, stop bringing OWL into this, the pros will use who is meta and who is good to play, they are pros. They are paid to play for OWL and they are professionals compared to the players that we regularly have.

I'm saying they should have the same impact.

Tune Moira's numbers, surely her numbers being brought inline with other main healers wouldn't hurt how fun it is to play her at all.

Its not Moira's fault that the rework killed Mercy, Mercy's problem is HER problem, not Moiras, same goes for Ana. Had they not even changed Mercy to begin or taken another direction with her, we may have had a different outcome.

How about you ask actual players whom played Ana and Mercy to how they really feel when it comes to them? You know actual players?
"Bla bla the evil DPS kills every support you are banned from saying a word against any support bla bla"

Can we try to have an actual disscusion? This is worthless screaming.

Thanks.