Can we stop nerfing supports?

General Discussion
It's like every patch they nerf a support in some way. Like sombras buff makes Lucio's healing/speed turn completely off that's dumb. I can't wait for Moira to get nerfed because she's a powerful support which isn't allowed in overwatch.
I see that everyone hates my responce, so this basically sums up what I'm saying:

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well if you take all the nerfs and buffs to hero's supports get nerfed way more than anybody else. Not like I really care anymore I play tank and dps now.

My point is that doesn't matter.

If a hero needs a nerf, they get a nerf. Whether they're a Support, Tank, or DPS is irrelevant.

All it shows is that Supports are the most difficult to balance due to how easily a Support ability can be made OP (or UP), thus they need the most changes.

To say something along the lines of "Let's not nerf Moira purely because Mercy got nerfed" is not how you get a balanced game. It's how you show favoritism by willfully leaving a hero OP out of pity.

It's really funny when you realize this and look at all the people crying about "DPS favoritism" while at the same time indirectly asking for Support favoritism.

----------------------------------

I think we need to stop with the support victimization and DPS boogeyman !@#$ first. Lucio wasn't the only one getting nerfed, as this hurts Pharah's viability too.

Mercy only got nerfed because she was broken. Now she is balanced, but unfun. The Sombra buffs that directly nerf Lucio and friends wasn't needed either (the hacked passives nerf), and it shows the power creep that is needed to balance Genji/Tracer.

But seriously, stop with the outcry. You're no better than the flanker mains and come whining about Moira...

Edit:

Sombra changes nerf 3 DPS, and 2 supports, so playing the victim is childish. Then Ana's place fell apart when her and Dva got nerfs and exposed the strongest meta in the game: dive. Now dive still counters her, and so her impact on the game directly relies on how hard she is being countered.

And then everyone wanted Genji nerfs, which he kindly got due to the Sombra buff.

You guys can't have your cake and eat it too. DPS have also been through the balance coaster like Mei or Bastion, it's just that there is a smaller pool of supports and so it feels like Armageddon, which I'm saying it simply isn't true.

I'm against the Sombra buffs (at least the hack buffs) since it nerfs overall balanced heros, thus I am against it because it hurts Lucio too. He was targeted because her hack now counters all passives. I don't agree with it, but stop acting like DPS have the monopoly when all that exists is simply Blizzard won't directly touch Tracer or Genji to please you.
02/19/2018 10:25 AMPosted by ZaroMoramee
I can't wait for Moria to get nerfed because she's a powerful support which isn't allowed in overwatch.

If Zen is not getting nerfed, why would they touch Moira? Moira's ult is not even half as good, all she's got is good group healing. I guess, bad players lose to right click, but that doesn't matter.
Moria

[grammatical fury accumulates]
Yeah every single patch. Then points out one patch that hasn't even been released and is just buffing the worst DPS in the game. Good argument.
02/19/2018 10:35 AMPosted by PharahHǝntoi
I think we need to stop with the support victimization and DPS boogeyman !@#$ first. Lucio wasn't the only one getting nerfed, as this hurts Pharah's viability too.

Mercy only got nerfed because she was broken. Now she is balanced, but unfun. The Sombra buffs that directly nerf Lucio and friends wasn't needed either, and it shows the power creep that is needed to balance Genji/Tracer.

But seriously, stop with the outcry. You're no better than the flanker mains and come whining about Moira...

Obviously I know that he's not the only one to get nerfed by it. But it's just funny how supports get safted the most out of any type of hero in the game.
If Ana didn't get nerfed into the ground mercy would have never been a problem i don't recall people crying about 5 man rez in season 2 and 3.
02/19/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Stunlaw
Yeah every single patch. Then points out one patch that hasn't even been released and is just buffing the worst DPS in the game. Good argument.

But it's on the ptr which means it's going to come through. When is the last time a change was made and got changed that's to the ptr? Yeah that's what I thought.
02/19/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Piltmannen
I can't wait for Moria to get nerfed because she's a powerful support which isn't allowed in overwatch.

If Zen is not getting nerfed, why would they touch Moira? Moira's ult is not even half as good, all she's got is good group healing. I guess, bad players lose to right click, but that doesn't matter.

Because all the big YouTuber's and streamers are starting to complain about it a bit. Everytime they complain something gets changed.
If we have 2 heroes that are in need of nerfs, then both heroes need to get nerfed. You don't just nerf X then say "Well X is in the same class as Y, so let's leave Y in an OP spot." That is literally how you break game balance.

Please think of the actual game as a whole and stop sectioning everything off as "supports are getting all the nerfs."
02/19/2018 10:39 AMPosted by ZaroMoramee
supports get safted the most out of any type of hero in the game.

Mei says hi. She has been nerfed while being F-tier. Remember the Genji-wide ult nerf? That made her unusable ult a 1-chance thing, and if you got stunned or killed, your ult was gone along with your ult meter.

Bastion. Reworked to be better, but then came out worse. Still hasn't been touched since his rework, and a nerf a week shortly after.

You're only looking at what you want to see.

If you want the logistics, the Sombra changes nerf 3 DPS, to 2 supports. Yet you want to victimize supports like Blizzard is out to destroy them.

If Ana didn't get nerfed into the ground

No, the meta fell apart around her. Dva also got gutten to end TT meta. I simply will NOT believe that a net -10 damage nerf makes her F-tier. You are becoming the monsters you despise. You are sick of Tracer and Genji, yet you think it's OK for supports to NOT be situational or have counters. Tracer/Genji and dive in general destroy Ana, and buffing her would be the exact same result as the Mercy rework. QoL changes I could get behind, but not straight buffs.
02/19/2018 10:41 AMPosted by ZaroMoramee
02/19/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Stunlaw

But it's on the ptr which means it's going to come through. When is the last time a change was made and got changed that's to the ptr? Yeah that's what I thought.

OK so your definition of "a nerf every single patch" is one buff to a character that "nerfs tons of DPS" by your argument. Every single patch, means one patch. Are you that dense?
02/19/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Slyther0829
If we have 2 heroes that are in need of nerfs, then both heroes need to get nerfed. You don't just nerf X then say "Well X is in the same class as Y, so let's leave Y in an OP spot." That is literally how you break game balance.

Please think of the actual game as a whole and stop sectioning everything off as "supports are getting all the nerfs."

Well if you take all the nerfs and buffs to hero's supports get nerfed way more than anybody else. Not like I really care anymore I play tank and dps now.
02/19/2018 10:37 AMPosted by CATCHPHRASE
Moria

[grammatical fury accumulates]

Lol I fixed it. It must have auto corrected or something.
02/19/2018 10:44 AMPosted by PharahHǝntoi
supports get safted the most out of any type of hero in the game.

Mei says hi. She has been nerfed while being F-tier. Remember the Genji-wide ult nerf? That made her unusable ult a 1-chance thing, and if you got stunned or killed, your ult was gone along with your ult meter.

Bastion. Reworked to be better, but then came out worse. Still hasn't been touched since his rework, and a nerf a week shortly after.

You're only looking at what you want to see.

If you want the logistics, the Sombra changes nerf 3 DPS, to 2 supports. Yet you want to victimize supports like Blizzard is out to destroy them.

If Ana didn't get nerfed into the ground

No, the meta fell apart around her. Dva also got gutten to end TT meta. I simply will NOT believe that a net -10 damage nerf makes her F-tier. You are becoming the monsters you despise. You are sick of Tracer and Genji, yet you think it's OK for supports to NOT be situational or have counters. Tracer/Genji and dive in general destroy Ana, and buffing her would be the exact same result as the Mercy rework. QoL changes I could get behind, but not straight buffs.

I'm not looking at what I want to see the supports get nerfed more clearly. Considering there is only 5 supports that can actually heal it's crazy.
I dunno I think its because supports are what dictate the meta, as we've only seen the previous metas BECAUSE of how strong a support was, last I checked?
02/19/2018 10:44 AMPosted by PharahHǝntoi
I simply will NOT believe that a net -10 damage nerf makes her F-tier.

Brutal nano-boost nerf caused by short-lived Reaper ult meta is the reason why Ana loses to heroes with actual ultimates. Ana doesn't have an ultimate.

It's just Orisa's drum that affects 1 person instead of 6. Killing nano-boosted player is just as simple as focusing anything else.
Poeple ask nerf about every new support because support class always break the game.
02/19/2018 10:49 AMPosted by ZaroMoramee
02/19/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Slyther0829

My point is that doesn't matter.

If a hero needs a nerf, they get a nerf. Whether they're a Support, Tank, or DPS is irrelevant.

All it shows is that Supports are the most difficult to balance due to how easily a Support ability can be made OP (or UP), thus they need the most changes.

To say something along the lines of "Let's not nerf Moira purely because Mercy got nerfed" is not how you get a balanced game. It's how you show favoritism by willfully leaving a hero OP out of pity.

It's really funny when you realize this and look at all the people crying about "DPS favoritism" while at the same time indirectly asking for Support favoritism.
They can nerf the supports 10 more times and they will still be must have to win a match.
It's like every patch they nerf a support in some way. Like sombras buff makes Lucio's healing/speed turn completely off that's dumb. I can't wait for Moira to get nerfed because she's a powerful support which isn't allowed in overwatch.
I know and people wonder why no one is playing supports why would they when every update a support is nerfed.