Toixic?

General Discussion
I'll go ahead and say it. Games now days are so much more toxic because the recent generations have only learned from the internet that they can say what ever they want to who ever they want with no real repercussions. 1 day to 1 week forum ban? 1 day to a few months gag ban in game? No real reason not to be a d bag. They just don't care about anything or anyone not in their mirror.
It's the anonymity of the internet, even grown adults can exhibit the absence of maturity
Assuming that is the current generation.

Kids, teens, adults, and even up year old grandfather's can and many are toxic.

Not just a generation.
In older games competitive trash talk was the norm and no one cared.

Now you so much as T-bag someone and you have people making entire essays on the forums moaning about how offensive it is.

No, I'm not inclined to believe there's more toxicity in gaming, rather younger gamers from the generation of political correctness are just offended by stupid !@#$ that never used to bother anyone.

Case in point, freaking out over the useage of "gg ez" to the point of actual censorship, even though it's the most mundane insult ever.
I used to think that when people got older they became more wise, more patient, more stoic and calm; that may be true for some, but boy was I wrong. I've met some nasty old people that had me saying to myself, "how many years do you think you have left and you want to spend them being angry and stressed?"

God I hope when I'm old (I'm on my way now in my 30s) that I never become like some of these bitter old folk that just complain and hate everything and everyone. I hope to be out camping, fishing, reading, or chillin' playing the latest single player game on my computer. My goal is to be grow nicer with age, not meaner.
insert comment about how the world has become garbage and we let it get like this thanks to the internet.
02/20/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Sondead
Games now days are so much more toxic because the recent generations have only learned from the internet that they can say what ever they want to who ever they want with no real repercussions.
Lol wat? Look at yourself, maybe it's you 30-year old trollborn. If think that new generation are bad, hmm, maybe stop playing games and start to explain "wat is good".
1 day to 1 week forum ban?

Woah such a painful punish....
No real reason not to be a d bag

Yep we need more GESTURES. Where my "pointing down". But gestures still better then sending someone relative in the grave.
This is the kind of "toxicity" i grew up with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZL8y8ee7rw

One thing about being in a country with bad outside internet, most of the servers had to be hosted locally so if you see a guild ingame, they're likely in an internet cafe maybe a couple of cities away, and if you get scammed, you just grab your two by four and bring the rest of your guild to pay their cafe a visit. Name calling is just a way of life and doesn't matter all that much since if you really wanted to, you actually can come over and punch him in the face (or a shiv between the ribs when they come out).

Compared to this, the international community is a lot more tame. I do understand however the need to punch someone. And since you can't physically strangle the guy on the other side of the monitor, words carry more weight.

Find a way to have the equivalent of grabbing someone's chair and slamming it down on their head, and i'm sure the online toxicity will fix itself.

02/20/2018 02:56 AMPosted by datpotatoe
In older games competitive trash talk was the norm and no one cared.

In older games, we were essentially country wide LAN parties, and competition involved taking your team and physically going to another gaming cafe and dropping 100 pesos each in a pot. The guy trash talking is right there trying to get you off your game and win the pot.

The cafe owner (i.e. the admin) is right there holding a bat for if you get too rowdy. Ban hammer is not just a figure of speech.
I tilt easily and I'm very toxic.

Which is why I mute myself. It's just better for everyone involved.
I'll go ahead and say it. Games now days are so much more toxic because the recent generations have only learned from the internet that they can say what ever they want to who ever they want with no real repercussions. 1 day to 1 week forum ban? 1 day to a few months gag ban in game? No real reason not to be a d bag. They just don't care about anything or anyone not in their mirror.

No, that's previous generation. New generation are so sensitive - every word can trigger meltdown