[PC] Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – February 14, 2018

PTR Feedback
1 2 3 6 Next
A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing. To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

HERO UPDATES

Doomfist
  • Hand Cannon
    • Ammo recovery rate increased from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds per bullet

Developer Comments: This change will help Doomfist more consistently be able to use his weapon as part of his combos.

Mei
  • Endothermic Blaster
    • Freeze (slow) duratioDeveln increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds
    • Weapon alternate fire ammo cost reduced from 25 to 20

Developer Comments: Increasing Mei’s slow duration helps her freeze targets that are particularly elusive such as Genji or Lúcio. Lowering her alternate fire ammo cost allows her to more safely use it without costing her the ability to freeze enemies.

Sombra
  • EMP
    • No longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)
  • Hack
    • No longer gains ultimate charge from health pack healing
    • Cast time reduced from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds
    • Now disables the following abilities:
      • Genji—Cyber-agility
      • Hanzo—Wall Climb
      • Pharah—Hover Jets
      • Lúcio—Healing Boost and Speed Boost (turns off current song entirely), Wall Ride
      • Mercy—Angelic Descent
  • Machine Pistol
    • Machine Pistol spread reduced from 3 to 2.7
  • Opportunist
    • Enemy health bars are now visible when health drops below 100% (formerly 50%)
      • Her ability to detect enemies through walls at 50% or less remains unchanged
  • Translocator
    • Duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds

Developer Comments: The goal of these changes for Sombra is to remove the necessity for her teammates to take damage and heal themselves with her hacked heath packs to try to get her ultimate charged up quickly. Her ultimate will now come up less often, but there are more abilities that are disabled by Hack so it is more effective when used. Previously, Opportunist would only activate when an enemy’s health bar dipped below 50% but now the passive will reveal all damaged enemies in her line of sight which should help Sombra identify targets to pick off. Overall these changes should make her more effective and less reliant on her ultimate.

USER INTERFACE UPDATES

Mercy
  • Valkyrie
    • No longer shows enemies’ health bars unless they have taken damage

Developer Comments: This helps remove some clutter from Mercy players’ screens when they use her ultimate.
Another mercy nerf lol, even if slight. XD
Okay, but can you be more clear with "Freeze (slow) duration increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds" ?
So, the Sombra's passive buff is in or not? It's in the developer comments but not in the list nor on the PTR servers.
PogChamp
02/14/2018 12:55 PMPosted by xHula2016
Another mercy nerf lol, even if slight. XD
It's more of a slight buff - full health bars won't clutter your screen anymore. You'll still know if the enemy's full because you won't see a bar.
02/14/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Lumy
Okay, but can you be more clear with "Freeze (slow) duration increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds" ?

The slow effect itself is getting a longer duration, while the freeze remains untouched. It just means enemies that escape your spray suffer from the slow longer, and so you can continue trying to freeze them without starting over.
I'm honestly so glad Sombra got buffed. :D Thank you so much blizzard after Nerfing my one main down to the ground i can finally outshine on my other main <3.
02/14/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Starless
So, the Sombra's passive buff is in or not? It's in the developer comments but not in the list nor on the PTR servers.

yeah its buffed so if anyone's damages you can see them from anywhere and decide who to pick off
Changing opportunist to see any opponent thats not 100% health is a mistake.
I like how doomfist is a lot more consistent now.
Hmm. Well those annoying 'Flanker' Moria's are about to get a rude awakening with these Sombra changes. This will make those pirate ship comps on Junker town much easier to deal with as well. Although I am a little worried about Mercy. If this disables her ability to fly when in Valkyrie, and these changes go through, Mercy mains are likely to riot.
02/14/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Josh Engen
Previously, Opportunist would only activate when an enemy’s health bar dipped below 50% but now the passive will reveal all damaged enemies which should help Sombra identify targets to pick off.

but it isn't in the list of changes and not in ptr and jeff didn't mention it as well. so is dev comment outdated or something ?
Sweet, minor, near pointless Mei buffs that don't do anything to address her innumerable bugs, nor her underwhelming kit.

Mei is a niche hero with no niche that has a worse pickrate than Sombra on both consoles, and an almost equally low pickrate on PC, except Sombra is picked far more at higher ranks meaning she actually HAS a niche... unlike Mei who has been floundering with under 1% pickrate and a negative winrate for over a year.

These changes do almost nothing. They address nothing. A decent Mei player isn't even going to notice these changes. 2 extra icicles a clip? woohoo. A slightly longer slow duration? yay, a decent genji can still just jump out of it.

No ult changes, no utility buffs, no bug fixes. You've successfully done absolutely !@#$ all to address Mei.
02/14/2018 01:19 PMPosted by DangerBeans
Although I am a little worried about Mercy. If this disables her ability to fly when in Valkyrie, and these changes go through, Mercy mains are likely to riot.

Mercy does not use her Angelic Descent ability when she's in Valkyrie. She just moves up into the air.
I don't think Opportunist needed to be changed in this way. A D.Va at 500 health and a Zenyatta at 5 health are two very different things for sombra to attack, and there's no way to know who's at 5 and who's at 500
All of these changes to doomfist aren't really changes, they're just putting him to the level of effectiveness that he should have had when he was introduced. The level of bugs and problems regarding this hero has made him so inconsistent and unplayable... I admire the effort to introduce this street fighter style hero, but playing doomfist feels very hit-or-miss (most often miss).
The opportunist changes are likely not a good idea. Perfect information and callouts will be way too strong. The rest of the sombra changes are good.
02/14/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Xaron
I don't think Opportunist needed to be changed in this way. A D.Va at 500 health and a Zenyatta at 5 health are two very different things for sombra to attack, and there's no way to know who's at 5 and who's at 500

Besides, of course, the actual hero. I don't think this add on is meant to increase her targeting of damaged heroes as much as it's meant to increase her knowledge of hero locations. You can tell if Zenyatta has less health because... he's Zenyatta.
RIP Lucio.