Doomfist: reload button for an ability

General Discussion
Similar to tje hanzo rework, he could use r button for a new ability. I have 2 options

1) defensive stance. He uses his right arm as a shield for himself. It could work as deflect, without sending back the attacks. That would be something to do during a graviton...
2) slam attack with his right arm. Could be a light version of reinharts hammer, less range, less damage, but with the push effect and adding some shield hp to doomfist. It could use cooldown or nor. The cool thing of this attack is to combine withe the others. More combo possibilities, more fighting games spirit

Also, 3), he could expend his shield hp to do a hadouken...
Actually, I agree that Doomfist needs an defensive ability. His kit is already full of offensive moves, so there is no need in another one. But his defense is lacking.

Currently he has only his passive shield, but it is kinda weak and unreliable. He needs on-demand protection. Something like "Hold R for up to X seconds to charge up to Y shield for Z seconds".
It will be balanced because it will be a channeling ability that is tricky to use in combat, but will be a great as a tool to prepare and "buff" yourself before and between combat encounters.
02/16/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Shnobz
Actually, I agree that Doomfist needs an defensive ability. His kit is already full of offensive moves, so there is no need in another one. But his defense is lacking.

Currently he has only his passive shield, but it is kinda weak and unreliable. He needs on-demand protection. Something like "Hold R for up to X seconds to charge up to Y shield for Z seconds".
It will be balanced because it will be a channeling ability that is tricky to use in combat, but will be a great as a tool to prepare and "buff" yourself before and between combat encounters.

That ability couldwork, depending of the cooldown time, or the speed of shieldong up. I dont want a take a breather like ability for doomfist, easyly spammable
Personally, I think that a 'counter' ability would be an awesome addition to his kit. It would be like this:
When using (insert ability name), DF enters in counter stance for 0.5s. During this time he cannot move, shoot or use abilities, and takes full damage from the enemy shots. But if he was to be stunned/slept/hacked/etc., he ignores this effect and enters 'enrage' mode for 2 or 3s. Entering enrage mode makes all his other CDs get reset, activates his passive (meaning that he gets 30 shields) and his gun is reloaded. Also, during enrage DF takes 30% less damage and ignores all CC. This ability has a 30s cooldown.
Thus, he gets a way to be able to outplay and punish characters with hard CC such as McCree, Roadhog, Sombra..., that right now have too big of an advantage against DF, especially McCree (cause it is almost impossible to miss the flashbang against DF). Also, this would not affect in any way characters with no hard CC. And although the effect is very powerful, keep in mind that this ability has a long cd, that it can only be activated by hard CC in a 0.5s window and that he still gets full damage while being in counter stance.
It would add a lot of mind games against these characters, and the player who plays better would always win the duel, instead of resulting in a loss for DF +90% of the time, again, especially against McCree.
Finally, an enrage mode would fit the personality of Doomfist amazingly well.
02/16/2018 04:42 AMPosted by EvilLordMrF
1) defensive stance. He uses his right arm as a shield for himself. It could work as deflect, without sending back the attacks. That would be something to do during a graviton...

He needs this. They made Doomfist to be like a character from a fighting game, and those games always have a way to block damage. He's the #1 feeder in the game and has to use his offensive abilities to run away most of the time.
I think he would be loads more fun and much more viable with a block move.
He has a ranged attack so I dont think he will use HADOKEN. Unless.. we change his ult?
I'd give him a defensive ability like zarya's bubble.
Enough to get him out of a situation of complete peril, and yet not enought to save a suicide hit.

Something like a shield that lasts for some seconds, and can only absorb like 100 damage or smth over 2 secs, with a big cooldown, like 8 secs, so he doesn't go rocket fisting every 4 secs without risking himself
Oh dude, he gets shields already .Stop trying to add much to him. I ve met countless good doomfists already. It might not work on lower skill players, but hes damn good as is.
3.5 / 4k doomfists are a nightmare.
My choice is option 1 but not like deflect. It shouldn’t block shots from the side or things that would clearly go past him. It should only block his head and part of his torso from the front and should block his visibility somewhat. Automatically canceled by any ability.
Also, it could be like pyro airblast from tf2. Is like deflect but only during a split of second. Requires reflexes.

I mean, o dont want doomfist yo reflect things. I want more options to fight
A defensive ability like a block or parry like fighting games have would be cool, but not sure how it would be implemented.

Definitely not a deflect though.
Would be cool if he could do a quick dash by double tapping the directional keys. Would help with dodging and most importantly defending himself when his entire kit is on CD. He's a massive sitting duck with only 250 HP.
02/16/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Ixron
Would be cool if he could do a quick dash by double tapping the directional keys. Would help with dodging and most importantly defending himself when his entire kit is on CD. He's a massive sitting duck with only 250 HP.

Like a boxer side step? That feels cool!
02/16/2018 04:42 AMPosted by EvilLordMrF
Similar to tje hanzo rework, he could use r button for a new ability. I have 2 options

2) slam attack with his right arm. Could be a light version of reinharts hammer, less range, less damage, but with the push effect and adding some shield hp to doomfist. It could use cooldown or nor. The cool thing of this attack is to combine withe the others. More combo possibilities, more fighting games spirit

Also, 3), he could expend his shield hp to do a hadouken...

Interesting ideas...
Pressing reload would expend his shields to overcharge the gauntlet, altering his abilities until one of them is used. You would be able to charge shields again the moment you use an ability.

Uppercut would create a vertical vortex of energy doing damage per second around him for 3 meters in diameter and lasts 2 seconds, with the damage being based on shields, 0.40*shields =dps (example, 0.40*150= 60 dps)

Rocket punch would create a massive cylindrical vortex 2 meters out to each side of the rocket punch which trails about 1.75 meters behind his punch at the same speed he goes at, roughly 5 meter diameter, and would do 0.65*shields = damage per second (This would be a fast moving hitbox so it would need a higher dps to compensate for it.)

Seismic slam would create a wave of energy going out from the direction you did seismic slam on the horizontal axis, doing 0.50*shields in dps. this wave would be 2 meters in width and 3 meters in length, and travel at 12 meters per second until colliding with the environment. It would travel based on where you are looking. In this sense It would be similar to reinhardt's fire strike.

Meteor strike would gain shield piercing damage, roughly 2/3rds of the damage will go through shields.
Now I don't know what people would think of that, but considering he would be sacrificing his only defensive aspect to do additional damage, It seems like it would be fair.
02/16/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Duke
Pressing reload would expend his shields to overcharge the gauntlet, altering his abilities until one of them is used. You would be able to charge shields again the moment you use an ability.

Uppercut would create a vertical vortex of energy doing damage per second around him for 3 meters in diameter and lasts 2 seconds, with the damage being based on shields, 0.40*shields =dps (example, 0.40*150= 60 dps)

Rocket punch would create a massive cylindrical vortex 2 meters out to each side of the rocket punch which trails about 1.75 meters behind his punch at the same speed he goes at, roughly 5 meter diameter, and would do 0.65*shields = damage per second (This would be a fast moving hitbox so it would need a higher dps to compensate for it.)

Seismic slam would create a wave of energy going out from the direction you did seismic slam on the horizontal axis, doing 0.50*shields in dps. this wave would be 2 meters in width and 3 meters in length, and travel at 12 meters per second until colliding with the environment. It would travel based on where you are looking. In this sense It would be similar to reinhardt's fire strike.

Meteor strike would gain shield piercing damage, roughly 2/3rds of the damage will go through shields.

I quite enjoy this idea of making him a high skill cap heavy comboer