Name reason to pick reaper

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
He's sexy, despite being emo, he's cute and a try-hard and it makes him that much more amusing.
02/17/2018 10:01 AMPosted by HanzoMaker
He is beyond useless. His effective range isn't effective even when he is in his effective range.

Anti-tank. Anti-Moira. Anti-Tracer if you're good. Clearing out Deathball. Plenty of uses. Just because a character doesn't kill everything all the time doesn't make them non-viable.
02/19/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Navarro
Anti-Moira. Anti-Tracer
Literal WutFace
02/17/2018 10:21 AMPosted by mk8000
He's a pounce style hero. Meaning he's not going to have something to do every second of every game,

but his kit supports speed and mobility which they fail horribly at
02/17/2018 02:56 PMPosted by Darklite
I miss his health orbs. The lifesteal hits aren't cutting it.

I feel like Life Steal needs be buffed a bit because it feel useless at the moment otherwise they should just bring back the Soul Orbs as that way if someone kills an enemy near you you get health.
He's pretty good at killing Moira and Winston.
02/19/2018 02:40 PMPosted by SǾMBRUH
02/19/2018 02:38 PMPosted by Navarro
Anti-Moira. Anti-Tracer
Literal WutFace

a reaper that can hold angles is a nightmare for a tracer player because they are rolling loaded dice every time they try to take that 1v1

reaper is capable of one shotting tracer and commonly 2 or 3 shots her with a rate of fire that is more or less on par with mccree's. reaper is really great at taking out squishies who are overextended and at point blank range his hellfire shotguns are one of the highest sources of damage in the game even when compared to bastion's sentry turret fire.
I pick Reaper because I enjoy playing him and often enough I actually do pretty well. If I don't there is always Soldier I can switch to when they counter me.

If you say that Junkrat and Tracer do a better job at what he is supposed to do, fine. Still I don't like the twitchy game play of those two characters.
He counters dive tanks. I don't really use him as a flanker but if the tanks are aggressive my usual counter picks are Mei and Reaper. They punish them hard for abandoning their teammates and running into mine headfirst.

Battle Rein Dva Winston the like.
Reaper's kit is still hella outdated.
Eh, the only main reason to pick him is if your team is having an issue with dealing with their tanks. But even then, there can be better options. Junkrat / Roadhog is usually what you want for shield break, because they can shred the shield without even having to put themselves on the front line. The only time Reaper is better (and this is arguable) is if the enemy team has a Winston / D.va, which Reaper excels against. This sometimes won't work if the enemy team has a coordinated dive and they focus on shutting you down.

Overall, there aren't many situations where you "need" a Reaper. His niche is often filled by other heroes, or is just not needed at all.
i still pick him to fuvk some monkeys up
02/17/2018 10:07 AMPosted by RDK
if the enemy team is running a sombra

you basically have no kit, so hack doesn't affect you

Omg that is savage..
Joke aside, he works in big brawl type of matches. Where the fight happens in close range, hectic fights. He them can bring in some massive damage.
Other than that he is a useless bot with trash tier range.
02/20/2018 01:11 AMPosted by KlaytoN
02/17/2018 10:07 AMPosted by RDK
if the enemy team is running a sombra

you basically have no kit, so hack doesn't affect you

Omg that is savage.

Yeah, passive works, that's all you need D:
The devs are also never mention Reaper in any way...
He is beyond useless. His effective range isn't effective even when he is in his effective range.

triple tank counter.
02/20/2018 01:23 AMPosted by muri

triple tank counter.

Hardly nerver anyone runs a Reaper against triple tank
He's pretty bad but I get use out of him as a secret weapon. Basically I'll swap to him to close out a point as the other team doesn't expect the burst damage. It's really effective on 2nd point 2cp. This shouldn't be the only situation he's useful though.
I play him when I'm bored of playing Hog and don't wanna tryhard on McCree/Genji/Tracer. Afterall I started as a Reaper main in s1 so I'm most comfortable playing him. I also don't play Junkrat.
easy flank, easy ult, can easily kill supports, tanks in a 1v1 (not counting dva for her bs rocket and shield combo and not counting hog for obvious reasons), performs well in FFA, fun when he can be as useful as you can need