HOW DO YOU COUNTER TRACER?!

General Discussion
Let me just point out the fact that you're in platinum

Tracers in platinum are not a problem at all, in fact it's good for you if there is a Tracer on the enemy team because Tracer in platinum pc (A.k.a the Tracer's you're going up against) has a negative winrate (According to Overbuff).

She's won't be killing much because she takes really good aim, which not many people in platinum have.

Bottom line is Tracer isn't the reason why you can't rank up.
I have about 50 hours across all accounts, my peak with her is around 3.7k. She's not my best hero and i'm not the highest ranked player to give a definite answer. However a few honest thoughts.

Soldier - A good match up with her, get too close and she will be rocket-melee combo'd. A 50/50 a lot of the time, basically whoever manages their abilities best, wins.

Zen - A discorded Tracer is a dead Tracer. Most will have to completely disengage the second the Discord is attached. However this does rely on a team that understands a Zen may need peeling for.

McCree - Not guaranteed, but someone who knows the hero and how Tracer works, will dispatch of her the second she slips even slightly.

Lucio - I don't even bother looking at a Lucio most of the time unless he has beat. Not a worthwhile fight as he can just burn your abilities and escape if he knows what he is doing.

Hanzo - A niche pick, but a ridiculously frustrating counter, he can highlight where you are in the back-line for his team via sonic, and every bit of his kit can one shot you.

Widow + Mercy combo - On maps such as Junkertown with good sight-lines, a quick damage boost from Mercy will see the Tracer dead with a body shot. Not even worth attempting to play Tracer under these conditions.

Junkrat - Very good on tighter maps at Denying Tracer flanks and just flat out blowing her to pieces.

Tracer - Even having another Tracer on the enemy team is a deterrent. She can easily get back to peel for healers and makes life difficult.

Moira - A hard target for a Tracer, and one that often ends up seeing you have to retreat/die and not do your job effectively.

Pharah - For obvious reasons
OH LOOK I LOST ANOTHER MATCH THANKS TO TRACER
02/18/2018 03:43 PMPosted by KACHOW
Let me just point out the fact that you're in platinum

Tracers in platinum are not a problem at all, in fact it's good for you if there is a Tracer on the enemy team because Tracer in platinum pc (A.k.a the Tracer's you're going up against) has a negative winrate (According to Overbuff).

She's won't be killing much because she takes really good aim, which not many people in platinum have.

Bottom line is Tracer isn't the reason why you can't rank up.

Well i keep losing every match that theres a tracer in,

So clearly

Theres something wrong with me against tracer

or with tracer herself

all the matches that didnt have a tracer i won
At my QP MM and Rank, things that counter my Tracer are:

Hanzo
    Torbs turrets in their backline to limit my movement
    McCree (Sometimes)
    Moira Orbs
    Other Tracers wasting my time
    More than 1 person looking at me

Theres more, but they're the biggest ones for me.
02/18/2018 03:38 PMPosted by sixshot
Mei's icicle delay is about the same amount of time as a Tracer blink. Use this to lead her into a headshot, killing her.

This is funny because i suck with that alt fire. But i had one game where i kept killing tracer with one headshot from mei. I thought maybe it was a fluke or something but the delay lining up with tracer blink actually makes sense.
Junkrat + Discord = 156 damage grenades

New Hanzo and New Sombra also are gonna murder Tracer.
02/18/2018 03:14 PMPosted by MagyTheMage
Mccree is usless against her

Junkrat too

What am i suposed to do against her other than losing?

Why do you expect to be able to play less than 2 hours of McCree but be able to effectively counter players who play Tracer at the level that you play characters you are familiar with?

"Countering" a hero doesn't mean that you will always win because you play a certain hero. It only means that you will be favored if both players are equally skilled (which STILL isn't a guarantee to win).
02/18/2018 03:48 PMPosted by MagyTheMage

Well i keep losing every match that theres a tracer in,

So clearly

Theres something wrong with me against tracer

or with tracer herself

all the matches that didnt have a tracer i won

Or something is wrong with YOU! ?
There was so much constructive feedback here.. if you have tried something that was mentioned here and still fail to stop her, ask more specific.

Just take the help everyone is offering.
Its not the hero in this case.
I honestly recommend practicing on Tracer in QP a bit.

Not to play her seriously, so that you learn her kit, her cooldowns, etc. so that you can predict an enemy tracer better.

I did that and now I can comfortably 1v1 a Tracer since I know their kit pretty well.
Counters to Tracer's pulse bomb or significantly reduce it's effectiveness.

Zarya Bubble (Anyone), D.VA Defense Matrix (Anyone), Wraith Form, Fade, Transcendence (Zen only), Sound Barrier if timed extremely well (anyone in range), Primal Rage, Bastion's Tank Configuration, Roadhog's self heal, Orisa fortify, Sombra's translocate, Tracer's recall, Mei's ice block, Torb's ult, Doomfist's ult. Am I missing any?

Pretty sure Zarya can do her thing even after Tracer's stuck a target. No preemptive actions needed.

Things that can one shot Tracer.

Everything that can one shot 200 hp heroes. (D.VA bomb, scatter arrow, ect.)

Everything that can one shot only Tracer (Or.... Pilot D.va.. I guess). Mei's head shot, damage boosted Widowmaker/Hanzo body shots, damage boosted McCree headshots (no flashbang required!), damage boosted direct Junkrat grenades or mines, damage boosted direct Pharah rockets (make sure to dive down on her from above for maximum effectiveness and reduce projectile travel time!), Damage boosted Soldier: 76's direct helix rockets. Torb's alt fire (must land all pellets so get in close), Damage Boosted Torb primary headshots. Half charged Doomfist Rocket punch (Must have wall impact as well). Reaper landing 11 (one more than half the total amount) pellets as headshots or 16 pellets as body damage and 3 as headshots (that's right he still doesn't need to land all his pellets!), Roadhog landing all his pellets as body damage, or half as headshots. Damage boosted dragon blade. Remember no amount or mobility or Recalls will save you from getting one-shotted!

I'm sure there's tons more via combining damage boosting, discord and nano boost in various ways. Such as Reinhardt's melee (needs all three), or Fire Strike (just damage boost and discord.)

Nail in the coffin is a successful Sombra hack can take away her defenses to avoid all of this. If the buffs go through for Sombra it's GG Tracer.

Biggest thing I can say is Overwatch is a team game. Not 1v1 death match in a vacuum Fox only, no items, final destination. Tracer's mobility DOES NOT make her immune to damage at all or even abilities as I have been hooked and flash banged mid blink countless times. People like to argue that she can just blink and avoid damage acting like it somehow makes her immune to everything and that's all they need to argue. That's way too simplistic. That's not how it works in real game play, trust me.

Incidentally both Zarya and DV.A can stop Tracer from one clipping anyone.

She can't recall or blink out of flash bang/hook as an escape, she can only avoid it.

Neither her average 2.6 competitive kdr, 3.61% pick rate or 49.10% win rate suggests that she needs either counters or nerfs.

Hope this helps.
02/18/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Tuofir
To play devil's advocate, Roadhog can one-shot her out of a hook.

Granted her small hitbox, blink, and rewind are all tools to avoid hook...

and she'll likely farm you for ult charge...

But it's something.

Torbjorn can also work...

assuming she can't get close to your turret fast enough to melt it...

or she can't get close to you and instakill you with your large hear...

I'm trying man, I really am.

(Hanzo can also work, but he's not the easiest to use)

ಠ_ಠ
There are a couple of ways, but you don't necessarily kill her, you waste her time by picking roadhog and pressing e when you are half an hook her when ever
But this way she will get her ult really fast.
Better but harder way is pick orisa and go to the other side of the shield when she is on the other constantly, she will be busy with you (she will not be able to but you you will be able to but her) while your team does a wipe.
Pick bastian and shoot from a distance and and tell your team to do their thing away from you (people think Bastian needs a shield,but he doesn't if he shoots from a distance. Instead of playing rein with bastian try dive comp and keep the focus away from Bastian and on the dive works way better ) bastian can annoy tracer a lot cos she has low health, she will have to come to you to kill you and when she does (she won't come alone) call you team to dive on them or her easy free kills
Tracer in platinum pc (A.k.a the Tracer's you're going up against) has a negative winrate btw (According to Overbuff)

Symmetra has a stupidly high win rate, does that mean shes OP? No, it doesnt.

The reason Tracer doesnt have a stupidly high win rate is because shes !@#$ing everywhere so the winrate equalizes itself, but she is still very much OP. 70% pick rate in OWL, pros say she needs a nerf, the forums are full of nerf Tracer post, yea sure, keep yourself in denial.
mcree is my worst enemy when playing tracer, hog and moira dont really scare me, hook animation is slower than flash so easier to dodge and moira can't one shot me, so if i fail to kill her i just run away
Anyone with burst damage or decent CC have the potential to counter her, if you're proactive about it. 150 HP leaves little margin for error on Tracer's part. For example, if Roadhog lands a hook on her, she either dies immediately or is forced to retreat.

She doesn't have a cut-and-dried hard counter; an advantage she pays for with her painfully low HP.
with sombra's hack
02/18/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Bullrose
If it makes you feel any better.. she doesn't actually have a counter.

You know except for the fact that she can be one shot by a large amount of things in the game. Tracer has no counter if you can't aim.
If you can get your hack off as Sombra... no blink + no recall = no Tracer