Do you want to Nerf or Keep Moira? And why?

General Discussion
02/19/2018 04:06 AMPosted by Ashram
So, let’s apply same logic to your main : tracer.

She is balanced, but there is no reason to pick reaper over tracer.

Should we ask for tracer to be nerf ?

There's no reason to pick Reaper over Junkrat*
02/19/2018 03:44 AMPosted by vSte
Title.

*I guess I can try to keep this thread up for this week, we will see*

*This might make things easier for me*
Keep = upvote
Nerf = downvote

I think its too early to tell. She defo is pretty strong right now. Time will tell i guess.
Keep her for the hilarity factor of all the "Pls nerf Moira ASAP, she killed me twice in a row" threads, they crack me up.
02/19/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Archon
02/19/2018 03:44 AMPosted by vSte
Title.

*I guess I can try to keep this thread up for this week, we will see*

*This might make things easier for me*
Keep = upvote
Nerf = downvote

I think its too early to tell. She defo is pretty strong right now. Time will tell i guess.

Well *bad things* could be avoided if fixed early.

And for bad thing I mean this community's mindset and Moira nerf/changes.
I find it pretty hilarious that D.Va has a higher winrate than Moira at every level of play, has almost the same pickrate (higher if we account for the fact that there are 6 tanks but only 5 healers) on the ladder and has been dominant in the pro game since forever (89% pick rate so far in OWL), yet there are about 20 times more "Nerf Moira" threads than "Nerf D.Va" threads and posts.
Keep. Maybe we can get a healer that isn't the witchhunt of the season?

When XxGenjiMain420xX stops whining about healers, I'll be a happy man. Also probably dead. Because it'll never happen.

This right here all the way! /thread
02/19/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
I find it pretty hilarious that D.Va has a higher winrate than Moira at every level of play, has almost the same pickrate (higher if we account for the fact that there are 6 tanks but only 5 healers) on the ladder and has been dominant in the pro game since forever (89% pick rate so far in OWL), yet there are about 20 times more "Nerf Moira" threads than "Nerf D.Va" threads and posts.

Because D.Va doesn't outclass every other off tank at doing everything.

Roadhog is still good, Zarya is good but Reinhardt, the main tank she synergises best with is in a bad spot.

Moira outclasses all the other main healers purely because she's overtuned.
02/19/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Avian
They are unique in their own ways but there is currently barely any reasons to pick Mercy over Moira beacuse of the things where they overlap each other as healers.

Actually we should ask for nearly every other DPS hero besides Doomfist and maybe sombra to be nerfed, because logic amiright?

Moira AT MOST needs a small adjustment, but she doesn't need a nerf comparable to the mercy treatment. In all honesty with lucio getting yet ANOTHER nerf on top of the many indirect nerfs, mercy being over tuned to being worse than other healers, and along with ana still being pretty bad it's no wonder that Zen/Moira are the top healers. It's because everyone else has gotten dumpstered over the lifespan of overwatch. The only reason they're getting picked is because Zen/Moira are pretty much the two healers who haven't been dumpstered.
I see people on the forums call her beam auto lock a lot and this isn’t. The animation is misguiding because it locks on the center no matter where you aim your cursor but if you don’t track your target you will not deal damage. It’s a little more forgiving with the hitbox but it is NOT auto lock. Also, it’s long range is needed because Moira heals on a resource meter that has to be recharged using her biotic grasp since the orb does not recharge it and it recharges very slowly on its own. Her ability to recharge her healing is gimped if the enemy team is using shields (since her damage orb does not contribute to recharging her heals) or since it is 21m long (about the same length as Roadhog’s hook) if you are using a hero that can deal damage outside of 21m this also makes things difficult for her.

Her healing is also short ranged so she has a hard time keeping up with flanker heavy teams or Pharah. I’ll usually play Mercy in these cases since she has guardian angel to keep up while Moira’s fade being her only mobility tool makes it more difficult.

For her orb it has plenty of counters. It’s 50dps up to a max of 200 with a small 5m tether range. It moves slowly in a predicable path so if you move left/right/forward you will move away from it. I play quite a bit of Moira and the biggest mistake I’ve seen is people moving backwards with it so they follow its path and take the max damage. There are also a large amount of the cast that has some sort of mobility or self sustain that makes avoiding or healing through the orb easier. If you are Dva you can just eat it and if you are Genji you can deflect it. Lastly, if you are grouped up that max 200 damage will be spread between multiple people and provides easy healer ult charge.

The only time it may be an issue and it is less easy to avoid is if you encounter Moira in a tight space where it’s easier for her to bounce the ball around. In this case you shouldn’t engage her if you can help it. If she’s off on a flanker mission trying to get kills her team is going to suffer for it because her healing abilities are much more powerful than her damaging ones. And if you are on a flanking mission than pick your battles. Don’t fight her in areas she excels in.

Also, Moira brings no utility to a fight. Only damage and healing. She doesn’t have discord orb, speed boost, rez, sleep dart, or anti heal. The reason I moved on to Moira over the other healers is I’m often solo healing which means Zen and Lucio are our. They don’t do enough healing to keep up with incoming damage. While I love Ana she’s in a weak spot right now and has a hard time dealing with being dived. And I don’t find Mercy all that fun and engaging after her nerfs that also left her weaker. So if I’m solo healing that leaves Moira. I know a lot of people have done the same which means you are going to see a lot of Moira and a lot more complaints about her since she is used more frequently. But that’s not a testiment to her being overpowered. She’s just the strongest pick of the main healers.
02/19/2018 04:47 AMPosted by PotatoCat
I see people on the forums call her beam auto lock a lot and this isn’t.

This is a beam without lockon, my crosshair is not on the enemy and I'm not damaging them. - https://prnt.sc/igr4sq

This is Moira's beam, crosshair completely off the enemy and they're being damaged. https://prnt.sc/igr4j6

It’s a little more forgiving with the hitbox but it is NOT auto lock.

It's forgiving, but that doesn't mean it's not a softlock beam.

The only time it may be an issue and it is less easy to avoid is if you encounter Moira in a tight space where it’s easier for her to bounce the ball around. In this case you shouldn’t engage her if you can help it. If she’s off on a flanker mission trying to get kills her team is going to suffer for it because her healing abilities are much more powerful than her damaging ones. And if you are on a flanking mission than pick your battles. Don’t fight her in areas she excels in.

The orb also slows down when latched onto you, if she throws it directly at you it'll most likely be on your for 2 seconds, while she holds M2 and stacks damage with it, even in an open area.

She’s just the strongest pick of the main healers.

Because she's overtuned, Mercy is balanced, bring Moira down to her level with some numbers tweaks (Not asking for her to be unfun like Mercy) and then work on Ana from there.
The only reason they're getting picked is because Zen/Moira are pretty much the two healers who haven't been dumpstered.

Point, but I believe that it doesn't mean that Zen or Moira should be nerfed.
They might as well change a little Mercy, Lucio and Ana.

The only reason I guess they are slowly changing some heroes is because they don't want to do many changes and cause chaos.

Well there's PTR. They could try multiple things and revert them in the PTR but they just don't do it, not sure why.
Nerf Purple Orb.
Buff Yellow Orb.

Change Purple Orb voiceline to say "This will not charge my healing meter".
Tracer main, keep.
Shes really good on ur team and really easy to kill on the enemy team, her dmg so low u have enough time to deal more dmg then she heal back.
Just avoid the deathballs lol
I think she's fine.

Every healer has their niche. I'm not denying that Moira is popular right now, but she has clear weaknesses. She can't heal dive or Pharah effectively, and she has that resource mechanic that forces her to keep LoS on enemies if she wants to keep healing due to resource mgmt. If the team deathballs, sure, she's fantastic. But I wouldn't call her op just because she kills a few people who can't track a target.
Day one is gone, day two may start then.

Updated the first post.
Moira is fine.

She is balanced because every single one of her strengths comes with a tradeoff.

She can output the most amount of healing in the game, and in an area of effect too. The tradeoff is that she forfeits long ranged healing.

She can damage you from afar, but her RMB has the lowest DPS in the game.

If she uses damage orb, she leaves herself and her team incredibly vulnerable. Outside of healing orb, Moira cannot sustain herself very well. Her healing from RMB is not enough to keep her alive most of the time.

If she uses healing orb, then she can't burst you down at all.
02/19/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Avian
They are unique in their own ways but there is currently barely any reasons to pick Mercy over Moira beacuse of the things where they overlap each other as healers.

If there wasn't a reason to pick Reaper over Tracer then why do they do it on OWL on 2CP maps for point B? Reaper is very good at closing out fights as he can just M1 and sustain himself while doing so while also being incredibly efficient at dealing with heroes used for stall tactics.

Unfortunately, the premise of your logic game is wrong.
People saying Moira is better than Mercy and makes Mercy irrelevant—totally not true. Mercy can heal people all over the damn map, Moira cannot. If you try to toss a heal orb to someone far away, they will either die or move out of the way before it gets there. Mercy can consistently heal a Pharah in the sky, a Widow on a perch no one else could get to, tanks in the frontline—she can heal everyone, through barriers, with a HARD lock-on beam. If your team comp doesn’t consist of people grouped close together, Moira isn’t effective at all. Mercy is.
02/20/2018 01:28 AMPosted by noodlebleps
People saying Moira is better than Mercy and makes Mercy irrelevant—totally not true. Mercy can heal people all over the damn map, Moira cannot. If you try to toss a heal orb to someone far away, they will either die or move out of the way before it gets there. Mercy can consistently heal a Pharah in the sky, a Widow on a perch no one else could get to, tanks in the frontline—she can heal everyone, through barriers, with a HARD lock-on beam. If your team comp doesn’t consist of people grouped close together, Moira isn’t effective at all. Mercy is.

Do you know who else can heal those heroes at those distances and much safer? Zenyatta. So pick Moira for main and Zen for off.
02/20/2018 01:35 AMPosted by Avian
Do you know who else can heal those heroes at those distances and much safer? Zenyatta. So pick Moira for main and Zen for off.

I like this.

Seeing moira as a main healer, like Mercy, makes more sense.