Why isn't Call Mech a transformation ultimate?

General Discussion
For those of you who don't know, transformation ultimates are those that isn't cancelled by stunns, like soldier, bastion, and genju. I feel like call mech fits with one of those as it seems illogical that a realized mech can disappear when you get stunned.
Probably for balance purposes. They don't balance around logic.
Getting into a vehicle, becoming essentially a different character, not a transformation.

Pulling out a sword, a transformation.

Overwatch logic :O
02/19/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Moddl
For those of you who don't know, transformation ultimates are those that isn't cancelled by stunns, like soldier, bastion, and genju. I feel like call mech fits with one of those as it seems illogical that a realized mech can disappear when you get stunned.

It should be.
I hope that when the "no damage thing" comes arround, this problem would dissappear as well.
Transformation ultimates give you control of your character during them. Can you control your character while climbing into the mech?
02/19/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Luca
Transformation ultimates give you control of your character during them. Can you control your character while climbing into the mech?

The ult is transforming into the mech DVa, which you control, yes.
02/19/2018 08:27 AMPosted by CamKitty

Can you control the mech during the ultimate though.

By the time you're in the mech the ultimate has finished.
Call Mech is admittedly one of the clunkiest things in the game. Not even close to Shadow Step, but it's not that far.
calling mech shouldn't be handled like an Ultimate

i feel the whole "losing ultimate" made the balance of the game even worse.

especially for heroes like mei, lucio, reinhardt.

Bastion Configuration Tank is a transformation and you cannot control it while he is transforming. Your argument is invalid.
1. Transformation Ultimates:
These add significant passive benefits to your heroes, while allowing the use of weapons and abilities.

D.Va can't use any other abilities while in Call Mech. That's why it's not a transformation.

I agree it probably shouldn't be affected by stun or hack, but to try to argue it shouldn't because it should be a transformation ultimate means you don't understand what a transformation ultimate is. It should be an exception to the rule, along with Tracer and Mei ults, because like you said it just doesn't make sense.
02/19/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Kawagima

Bastion Configuration Tank is a transformation and you cannot control it while he is transforming. Your argument is invalid.

It has a cast time. I'm saying during the ultimate, which in D.Va's cast has no duration, meaning you can't control your character during it.
The devs said D.va and her Mech are separate heroes. So her ult is essentially changing heroes whereas Transformation ults are the same hero with buffs or different abilities.
Just weird Blizzard programming logic.
02/19/2018 08:52 AMPosted by TheSheriff
The devs said D.va and her Mech are separate heroes. So her ult is essentially changing heroes whereas Transformation ults are the same hero with buffs or different abilities.
Just weird Blizzard programming logic.

sounds more like an excuse
02/19/2018 08:27 AMPosted by CamKitty

Not even close, D.Va cannot do anything while she gets back in her mech and is actually quite vulnerable. Watch GM or pro-level play and you'll see her get killed before making it back into her suit quite often.
02/19/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Witch
1. Transformation Ultimates:
These add significant passive benefits to your heroes, while allowing the use of weapons and abilities.

D.Va can't use any other abilities while in Call Mech. That's why it's not a transformation.

I agree it probably shouldn't be affected by stun or hack, but to try to argue it shouldn't because it should be a transformation ultimate means you don't understand what a transformation ultimate is. It should be an exception to the rule, along with Tracer and Mei ults, because like you said it just doesn't make sense.
well it is kinda fair since she gets 600 hp back in less than 2 sec
02/19/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Witch

well it is kinda fair since she gets 600 hp back in less than 2 sec

Yea, you're right. It's not that bad honestly. Has only happened to me a couple times lol.
I never thought about it... But yeah, why isn't it a transformation ultimate? o_o
02/19/2018 08:24 AMPosted by CamKitty
Getting into a vehicle, becoming essentially a different character, not a transformation.

Pulling out a sword, a transformation.

Overwatch logic :O
hey that's not ordinary sword, that's dragon inside a sword