Sombra's hacking

General Discussion
I thought Sombra was supposed to steal abilities from others when she hacks, yet everytime I try to address hanzo's el-cheapo look-at-the-ground-insta-kill scatter arrow via hacking him when he isn't looking, he immediately does that exact same thing without fail. Are hanzo's abilities immune? I have footage if needed.
if he already pressed the button. he keeps the scatter
. . . . . . wow. I feel like....that...shouldn't be a thing..
02/19/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Weisritter

It makes sense though

As soon as the player presses the scatter button, the ability has been casted
Run... before the Hanzos come.

What are you still doing here? RUN

Take solace in the fact that we don't have to worry about scatter for much longer...
It really shouldn't. I can see why it would be confusing if you didn't know that already.
SCATTAH !
02/19/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Rivinhal

Take solace in the fact that we don't have to worry about scatter for much longer...

Does hack cancel the new arrow shower or whatever it is?
02/19/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Zeleros

It makes sense though

As soon as the player presses the scatter button, the ability has been casted

It makes about as much sense as stopping a Reinhardt mid-charge with that logic though, considering its also already been cast...which it does indeed do.
So Hanzo pulls out a scatter arrow from his quiver. Yet you want him not being able to fire it because he got hacked? That would mean he wouldn't be able to attack with his LMB at all during the duration of the hack.

He already equipped the arrow. The hack stops him from equipping Sonar and Scatter. If he already has them placed in the bow...

^Also reinhardt is different. His Crusader armor is most likely tech'ed the hell out. His charge is stopped because the "engine" dingy is disabled when he is hacked. Hence stopping the charge.
So Hanzo pulls out a scatter arrow from his quiver. Yet you want him not being able to fire it because he got hacked? That would mean he wouldn't be able to attack with his LMB at all during the duration of the hack.

He already equipped the arrow. The hack stops him from equipping Sonar and Scatter. If he already has them placed in the bow...

^Also reinhardt is different. His Crusader armor is most likely tech'ed the hell out. His charge is stopped because the "engine" dingy is disabled when he is hacked. Hence stopping the charge.

Have you seen what the scatter arrow actually is? I feel like its more "tech'd the hell out" than a rocket engine to be able to do what it does. Despite that, considering that it 'is' pretty high tech in the first place, you'd think that it could simply be disabled like anyone else's ability.

Hell, even Roadhog's super-low-tech trash scattering ult is stopped mid-grind.
Wait until you learn that Sombra can hack a meat grinder of a shotgun, but not a literal targetting computer or infrared camera.