Why did this game ever move away from Lucio+Zen meta?

General Discussion
Every meta since has been awful.
Agreed. Now we have the lowest skill hero the game has ever seen with the highest pickrate. So much fun.
1) Mercy's god awful rework.

2) Introduction of another new main healer, Moira

3) Powercreeps in regards to the ultimate cancelling.

4) Upcoming buffs to UP heroes like Sombra. Out of all supports that would suffer the most would be Lucio because well, he cant wall ride and his aura is cancelled off thanks to hack.

5) You'd think having the same healer for every meta would be awful, that includes Lucio and Zen, there should be more options than those two than the same one every time, which was what they devs are trying to do.

Which was why dive became a problem, same comp, same heroes, same outcome and just boring mirror comps. For a game that offers a variety of heroes that have been released and are in development, the game needs and should have more heroes to become viable and a variety of heroes to test out.
And wat? Moira is not bad. Supports are still lack of the game.
02/20/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Crestren
which was what they devs are trying to do.

Tryharding devs of game of the year. It's like test server has a value.)))
Lucio took two massive nerfs last year.
1. His AoE size was drastically reduced
2. His ultimate speed was reduced by 25%
02/20/2018 03:45 AMPosted by Shadow

Forgot how easy it is to lose his ultimate now.

Even after that it was still meta.
If lucio was never nerfed, then they would have never made a healer better than him. And zen... enough said.
02/20/2018 03:53 AMPosted by SirDerpz
If lucio was never nerfed, then they would have never made a healer better than him. And zen... enough said.

Why is that bad?
02/20/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Luca

Even after that it was still meta.

TBH. After casual mercy up, they must would buff other supports to mercy's impact lvl. But much people think that supports are OP, because they always need in team....
02/20/2018 03:54 AMPosted by Luca
02/20/2018 03:53 AMPosted by SirDerpz

Why is that bad?

I never said it was bad, i'm just saying what would have happened. Need to stop assuming my friend.
Guys, lucio is very much playable. Maybe you don't see him often just because he's very hard to play or because people feel like he doesn't heal enough. He's probably going to be used much more once people realize how good triple/quad tank is. Besides, his aura range was nerfed because he was a staple.
I hope the future symmetra buff will make her playable again btw
Lucio+Zen meta was awful as well.

I actually think the current meta is the best because there's actual variety, unlike Genji/Zen meta, triple tank, or staple dive. Beyblade was the only other meta with more than 1 viable teamcomp.

Current viable heroes: Tracer, Genji, McCree, 76, Pharah, Widow, Junk, Orisa, Hog, D.Va, Winston, Moira, Mercy, Lucio, and Zen.

That's a lot more than triple tank, which was: 76, Rein, D.Va, Zarya, Hog, Ana, Lucio, and Zen.

Or dive when it was the only viable comp: Genji, Tracer, Winston, D.Va, Lucio, Zen.

So despite all the balancing complaints, I think we're in a good spot. Could it be better? Of course. But we're doing pretty good.
The same reason you won't stop spamming forums whining about Moira.
"Why are supports allowed to play other healers QQ" is what you're saying. "Why can't they only play dive QQ".

If you want to help lucio's viability, help ask for buffs because he's been !@#$ for months.

Stop asking for support nerfs because every patch one of them becomes less and less viable.