⛄Anybody think these Mei changes will make a difference?

General Discussion
Yes. I always bite my tongue when I mess up a freeze icicle combo because I needed half a second extra to shoot. This'll help newer Mei players pick her up. The additional two icicles from alt fire is nicer too allowing for much more practice time shooting her most damaging ability and less downtime reloading.

Now I understand that the devs do not wanna overtweak it so they're adding bit by bit to se how she works because she is still very suppressive and that can be drastically bad.
Looking at that footage, the buff seems like it will be of great help for Mei against anyone not called Tracer or Genji
adding more to mei's kit will literally overbuff her, these changes are the most they can do, anything else will turn her OP
02/14/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Remedyheart
Yes. I always bite my tongue when I mess up a freeze icicle combo because I needed half a second extra to shoot.

It's extra Slow time. Not extra Freeze time.
https://gfycat.com/EsteemedTatteredFlatfish
She should freeze you faster and her ultimate should be buffed.
02/14/2018 01:34 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
02/14/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Remedyheart
Yes. I always bite my tongue when I mess up a freeze icicle combo because I needed half a second extra to shoot.

It's extra Slow time. Not extra Freeze time.
https://gfycat.com/EsteemedTatteredFlatfish

Which still helps greatly lining up shots.
Having a slow freeze was one of the biggest issues for mei and why she got gimp'd by genji/tracer so yea it's gonna be huge there. As for more icicle ammo uh....sure I guess....would've made sense to look at her ult and make it more consistent with freezing ppl since it IS an ultimate yet a lot of heroes have some way of escaping it but sure more ammo.
I honestly don't see this making her more useful, yes it makes her barely stronger but the most fundamental problems of her are still there and untouched in my opinion.
02/14/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Chineseshell
Having a slow freeze was one of the biggest issues for mei and why she got gimp'd by genji/tracer so yea it's gonna be huge there.

The freeze speed didn't get any faster.
02/14/2018 12:54 PMPosted by Dreadpap
did you try them or you are just talking out of your backside like most ppl on the forums?

I've played mei enough to know none of what was "buffed" was an issue.
Its really not anything ameizing
02/14/2018 12:58 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
02/14/2018 12:55 PMPosted by lemonworld
tbh i dont think so.

mei is a nice pick when the enemy doesnt run dive.. but how often does this happen.

against very mobile heroes, her ult is also not great, besides that she loses her ult too often compared to other dps heroes.

If Mei throws her Ult at Ana's feet, Ana can walk out of it.

It's avoidable for everybody.

+buffing mei's ult so that if it directly hits a player they instantly die

that would be interesting tbh
02/14/2018 01:34 PMPosted by raspberry
adding more to mei's kit will literally overbuff her, these changes are the most they can do, anything else will turn her OP
-Iceblock reloads ammo per second(maybe 25 ammo?)

-Genji/Hanzo/Lucio can't climb/wall ride her wall

-Iceblock doesn't favor the shooter(that's how it should be tbh)

Even if all of these were implemented together, she still wouldn't be Op

So no, those changes are not "the most they can do"
add a mortal strike effect to her slow

kaplan is orignally from wow, and anyone who played knows how big of a !@#$% wow devs had for ms.
They are doing small buffs because they know if they make freeze too powerful, it'll dominate at lower brackets and frustrate a lot of players.
Is it not better then nothing? Its still a buff, but they still could do a lot more.
02/14/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Error
02/14/2018 01:34 PMPosted by raspberry
-Iceblock reloads ammo per second(maybe 25 ammo?)

- Genji/Hanzo/Lucio can't climb/wall ride her wall

-Iceblock doesn't favor the shooter(that's how it should be tbh)

Even if all of these were implemented together, she still wouldn't be Op

So no, those changes are not "the most they can do"

The ice wall should freeze/damage whoever touches it long enough and the rate of freeze needs to last longer than it does for mobile characters like genji and tracer. Cus genji can just double jump over you and get that reset quickly and tracer can blink away

maybe freeze should affect how high genji can jump and how far tracer can blink
02/14/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Zenn3k
They are doing small buffs because they know if they make freeze too powerful, it'll dominate at lower brackets and frustrate a lot of players.

I guess.

But if that's the case I'll take one medium sized buff instead.

Since 5 negligible buffs and people will whine about the number of buffs.
02/14/2018 01:46 PMPosted by marcus
Is it not better then nothing? Its still a buff

It is worse than nothing because "nothing" creates a void that needs to be filled.

It creates a gravity or momentum for change.

Filling that void with useless junk isn't gong to do much besides kill the need to actually fix the character.
Will it make a difference? Yes. Will it make enough of a difference? Probably not.

The additional slow duration will help. It will allow her to catch some of those that would normally have gotten free and finish the freeze. I still think her time to freeze needs reduced a bit as well (this includes her primary and ult).

We will have to see how it plays out.