Why are you doing this to Lucio?

General Discussion
He could use a few slight buffs, but this isn't a big deal. People are being overly dramatic on how devastating this is to Lucio.
02/14/2018 06:59 PMPosted by ApexAbstract
You seem to forget the nerfs to the ult charge gain for Sombra, so your EMP theory is more situational now.

It wasn't JUST Lucio's abilities, its many character's abilities that have been removed using the EMP. Which will effectively increase Sombra's potency overall in the team fight, rather than just existing as an EMP spammer and health pack machine.

I hope you know it doesn't take long to build EMP with damage. It never has been.
I'm pretty sure she gains 20-34% with a full clip for ult charge just off of damage.
02/14/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Dummly
02/14/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Neopets
Why are you moaning?

Unless I read something wrong, he will only lose it when he is hacked, not all the time.

6 seconds without being able to heal his teammates. Or even leave a situation.
stay with your team then. Problem solved.
02/14/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Dummly
02/14/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
I love Lucio too but Sombra needs some love. God forbid we have different strategies in games.

So she has to have a better hack that stops Lucio from being Lucio while not allowing him to heal his teammates. Potentially
Slowing his ult charge rate significantly.

02/14/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Illinest
02/14/2018 06:59 PMPosted by ApexAbstract
You seem to forget the nerfs to the ult charge gain for Sombra, so your EMP theory is more situational now.

It wasn't JUST Lucio's abilities, its many character's abilities that have been removed using the EMP. Which will effectively increase Sombra's potency overall in the team fight, rather than just existing as an EMP spammer and health pack machine.

Lucio players remap their controls because wallride is so important to the playstyle and to getting around. Without wallride he's nothing. Would you ever play Lucio if you knew there was a chance that an invisible and teleporting edgelord with a far better gun than you could pop up at any time, drop you to the ground and terminate you?

There isn't even any realistic counterplay to this. I will never be able to play lucio again. If i even try it, and piss off the wrong person then they can switch to Sombra and make life hell. This is beyond a hard counter. This is hopeless. Even Mercy has a better shot at surviving this than Lucio.
so become a mercy main then
If you do that for Lucio then you would need to do that for Mercy,Pharah, and everyone’s nightmare Genji lmao
02/14/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Arashi
If you do that for Lucio then you would need to do that for Mercy,Pharah, and everyone’s nightmare Genji lmao
i wholeheartedly agree
02/14/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Dummly
This may get dislikes, i Don't care, this needs to be said. This PTR change for Lucio is unfair.

Why the hell should he lose his Wall ride? The healing and speed too? BUT WALL RIDE? It has to be one or the other.

Either take away passives or take away abilities. Not both.

This isn't fair to Lucio.
He already has a sub-par ultimate that can be deleted with EMP.
What does Lucio have then?
So just make him a fish with a weak primary fire?
Lucio was a frog, now he is a lvl. 10 Magikarp that knows splash and tackle when hacked.

Please think it over.

Actually, in CTF Lucio was getting too op and he was able to ult, grab the flag, and wall ride back to base. If you are an expert at wall ride, you can bounce off the very edge of walls and get a speed boost. If after doing this you spam jump with the flag, you can score in under 10 seconds. I believe this rework for CTF truly balanced the mode. Great job Jeff!
02/14/2018 07:30 PMPosted by ToxicGambler
02/14/2018 07:26 PMPosted by Arashi
i wholeheartedly agree

I don't know about that. I feel like the movement ability limit balances them in the mode.
Wall riding is Lucio's best ability (at least to me anyway). It is what makes Lucio unique and fun to play with. Taking away wall riding for a significant portion of the game is a bad idea. Blizzard, please don't do this.
For the record, I am not complaining that Sombra's hack is strong against Lucio. Sombra really needs this buff. I do think it is perhaps a little too punishing against Lucio as compared to, say, Zen, because it does more to him. I understand an EMP removes a chunk of Zen's health, but it also completely negates the slowest charging ult in the game, which is likely used reflexively for defense. But on hacking, Lucio loses literally everything but his gun, which does fairly dismal damage, is a projectile, and is almost the slowest shooting, not to mention he obviously is providing zero utility to his team.

If Lucio wasn't bogged down with the other tremendous (over time, stacking) nerfs he has 'coinciditally' gotten in the past 6 months, this wouldn't feel like so much of a straight nerf to Lucio, an already 'weakened' character, who is also 'weak' in meta since Moira, who is all around better at most things (and on the verge of slightly too strong anyway, and a lot easier to play to a high degree of usefullness).

It's Blizzards continued blind eye to Lucio's kit, while beefing up other kits in ways that just makes Lucio's weaker and the salt in the wound is just that within the span of a few days we get word that Lucio is being nerfed for CTF -which was a mode Lucio mains were loving because it finally let them have fun in the game again, and showcase unique skills to that hero that a lot of people have worked very hard on, just because he was too good in talented hands for people to kill easily, and then a day later we hear that the Sombra rework seems to focus most heavily (suspiciously heavily) on countering Lucio again -all on top of everything else he's been just bogged down with for months.
Why all the focus on lucio, pharah is losing her ability to fly.
Genji is losing his double jump and climb.

Everyone is losing stuff, passives and actives.
There's also the fact that this is only when they're hacked, it's not like they're completely removing his abilities.
The thought that Sombra will stay 24/7 breathing on every single match that Lucio plays to keep him hacked on cooldown is absolutely unrealistic lmao.

Picking Sombra is at worst a tangential, extremely unlikely nerf to lucio because He is already a low priority target to hack in fights.

02/14/2018 07:45 PMPosted by HerculePyro
Why all the focus on lucio, pharah is losing her ability to fly.

Just in people, picking Sombra disables Pharah's flying just by existing. You can go afk in a corner and still feel those Pharah Tears.

Its not like, idk, hacking the same hero several times makes the Sombra incredibly predictable, right?

No, no Sombra is going to stalk you the entire match hacking you because it becomes an extremely easy to counter strategy.
02/14/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Dummly
02/14/2018 06:46 PMPosted by Neopets
Why are you moaning?

Unless I read something wrong, he will only lose it when he is hacked, not all the time.

6 seconds without being able to heal his teammates. Or even leave a situation.

D: Same with Zen!!!
If Lucio gets hacked Moira can just heal him and Winston can jump on Sombra or something. It's not a big deal. Sombra is still just a target walking on the ground that has no cyber agility or mad damage nukes. It's just a Sombra.
02/14/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Piltmannen
If Lucio gets hacked Moira can just heal him and Winston can jump on Sombra or something. It's not a big deal. Sombra is still just a target walking on the ground that has no cyber agility or mad damage nukes. It's just a Sombra.

Just a Sombra, who has no right losing to a hero with the worst gun in the game. Lucio doesn't exactly have a small hitbox. His power comes from his passives. With those gone, he's not even an extra gun because he never hits all 4 shots anyway.
02/14/2018 06:44 PMPosted by OWSaint
If you get hacked have your team focus fire on Sombra

Sombra now punishes bad positioning and bad teamwork

Yeah, last time people tried that excuse they gutted a character
It's the same situation as when people complained about DPS keeping their ult charges through death too often, and Lucio/Mei somehow became the primary targets to get nerfed by the change that was supposed to address an entirely different area of the game. (also genji got made exempt from because genji)

They are gutting Lucio and nothing good comes from it, there is no point in adding him into the changes except consistency, but Blizz has proven many times that consistency means much less than functional balanced gameplay, so why do they keep letting the wrong heroes get the brunt of these nerfs and then ignoring them for months to a year. It feels bad, feels real bad.
As a Sombra main I can understand your doubts but even with this change I would never prioritize a Lucio as my number 1 hack target.
You are right in a 1vs1 situation but in a teamfight there are other targets that I hack first.

The only situation where I feel this actually REALLY changes something is that Lucios aren't able to stall alone on the point / payload when the enemy has a Sombra.
Where was this enthusiasm for Sombra when we all learned Lúcio was really just a terrible target for Sombra?

You could hack him, but that didn’t stop him for squat. And that is far from the only popular character that made Sombra’s hack feel like garbage.
Blizzard is just killing off Lucio step by step, he can lose his Wall Riding but he has to keep his aura AND alternate fire - it's not a damn ability if it consumes ammo. Do you actually want us to play supports Blizzard, or are you ok with the 6 instalock DPS competitive meta?