Why does Lucio’s Boop use ammo and have CD?

General Discussion
Whatever, doods. stop comparing ur wheenesses with ur mates all teh time in order to draw conclusions of what u feel an acceptable level of precedence is. not eveyrthing has to (and will ever) stand hand in hand- or ween in hand in ween in hand in ween, and so on- in order to be able to exist in it's own right.

if u simply must compare the VASTLY different abilities of the myriad heroes' kits all in a row tho, under the abstract parameter of ammo expenditure + cooldown, and you're looking to set in place an arbitrary rule so this combination of characteristics can not exist on the same skill, then sure it should be easy to go right in their and 'buff' lucio's boop with the 'no-ammo' stamp...
on the flip side tho, i suggest you also think abt trying a 'nerf' to every cooldown skill in the game with a 'users 5 ammo' stamp, so as to bring them down to his level instead. this may sound ridiculous, but keep in mind that we are using the same guidelines you specified, to achieve the same effect you were looking for, just in the exact opposite direction... for the effect
02/15/2018 11:20 AMPosted by JakuNonon
I think their goal was to make it so Lucio can't spam it, cause, y'know, knocks people around and does damage. But yea, it does seem odd to me...

Then the cooldown was enough
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can be altered from one form to another.
02/15/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Antix
I don’t believe anyone else in the game has a cooldown ability that also eats their primary’s ammo supply. I get the cooldown part. But given his limited ammo pool, it seems like the boop shouldn’t use it up.

It's essentially commando knife lunge for Overwatch.

It not only displaces opponents which is very helpful in situations, but it also does nearly the same amount of damage as a melee attack.
Don't change what's balanced
02/15/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Syrea
Is Lucio balanced?
02/15/2018 01:04 PMPosted by CamKitty
02/15/2018 11:20 AMPosted by JakuNonon
I think their goal was to make it so Lucio can't spam it, cause, y'know, knocks people around and does damage. But yea, it does seem odd to me...

Then the cooldown was enough
Exactly.
02/15/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Antix
02/15/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Syrea
Is Lucio balanced?
That depends, what do the stats say? Do the devs think he needs changes based off their data?
02/16/2018 07:40 AMPosted by JakuNonon
<span class="truncated">...</span>Is Lucio balanced?
That depends, what do the stats say? Do the devs think he needs changes based off their data?

The stats say he is fine. If you don’t think he is, go watch NA Season 2 of the Pit.
02/16/2018 07:46 AMPosted by SquidKD
02/16/2018 07:40 AMPosted by JakuNonon
... That depends, what do the stats say? Do the devs think he needs changes based off their data?

The stats say he is fine.
Precisely
Yeah I always thought the fact Lucio’s boop used ammo was sort of weird.
they need to do that and adjust his boop to the new air movement patch
02/15/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Mirs
In addition to displacing opponents, it also deals damage.

I believe it's less damage than a melee
My only guess is so he can't use it as panic button.

Besides, the boop is probably the lats thing that needs buffing.
02/16/2018 08:10 AMPosted by HANA
My only guess is so he can't use it as panic button.

Besides, the boop is probably the lats thing that needs buffing.

Yeah that would suck if he could use it as a panic button like EVERY OTHER SKILL IN THE GAME. It's honestly amazing seeing how many dumb arguments exist in every single thread.
02/15/2018 11:32 AMPosted by HanzoMaker
McCree ultimate use bullets :P

It also automatically reloads if you have 0. There's a clip thought forgot the guys name where he uses it to reload lol.
Because it's very strong and has tons of team wipe potential (can boop people off the map, can boop a Rein into the air, can boop people into LoS, etc.)
02/15/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Mirs
In addition to displacing opponents, it also deals damage.

Junkrat says hello.
02/16/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Jimmyrustler
02/15/2018 11:32 AMPosted by HanzoMaker
McCree ultimate use bullets :P

It also automatically reloads if you have 0. There's a clip thought forgot the guys name where he uses it to reload lol.

That was probably Calvin
02/16/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Zeleros
02/16/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Jimmyrustler

That was probably Calvin

Wasn't him I know that though he's probably done it as well.