FPS drops (~1 year of waiting for help)

Technical Support
02/18/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Looking at this netgraph, I highly doubt that whatever's going on with highshovel is the same as what's going on in your post Mj711. This is quite possibly the most messed up graph I've ever seen in terms of SIM delay. Something's causing the game client to take upwards of 1 second to process a server tick which will absolutely tank FPS.

If we don't get any love from Gelectrode's suggestions, can you do the HWmonitor test again and play until you get some of these really bad FPS spikes again? Once it happens, swap windows, maximize the HWmonitor test and take some screenshots of all the info in the test (you usually need 2 screenshots for it.) It'd also help if you can post some more screenshots of your resource monitor graphs taken right after an FPS spike.

Last up, I'd be curious what happens when you run [url="http://www.userbenchmark.com/"]User Benchmark[/url]. Can you link us the results from your computer? If you can post all those to a reply we can see if there's anything weird going on with the way your PC is operating. It looks like something's throttling your CPU or RAM for some reason.

What do you mean by HWMonitor test? I've never used this program before so i dont really know what that means.

Here are my results for a user benchmark
UserBenchmarks: Game 36%, Desk 38%, Work 30%
CPU: AMD FX-8320 - 50.4%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 - 42.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB - 44.8%
RAM: Unknown SUPERTALENT02 2x4GB - 29.4%
MBD: Asus M5A97 R2.0

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7424889 And here's the direct link
@highshovel
Thanks for grabbing the UserBenchmark results! Going over the info in the link, there's a few things that seem to be under performing. The main issue I'm seeing is going to be the RAM that's installed. I would start by making sure that the RAM stick are installed properly to make use of Dual Channel. Generally, the RAM should not be installed directly next to each other. Rather, you'll want to alternate the slots, leaving one empty slot between the two sticks.

As for the HWMonitor test, we'll want to grab the program from here. Have this running and play the game for about 10-15 minutes. Once done, take screenshots of the info in HWMonitor and upload those to an image sharing site such as imgur to link here.
I would start by making sure that the RAM stick are installed properly to make use of Dual Channel. Generally, the RAM should not be installed directly next to each other. Rather, you'll want to alternate the slots, leaving one empty slot between the two sticks.

I just peaked into my case, this is exactly my problem.
Awesome! Once you get those swapped around, let us know if you notice a difference with the game. Let's also run UserBenchmark again so we can see if the results are any better.
02/19/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Zhyxen
Awesome! Once you get those swapped around, let us know if you notice a difference with the game. Let's also run UserBenchmark again so we can see if the results are any better.

here you are: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7430171

i played about 5 matches and noticed very little in terms of FPS drops; but i didn't do the deadlock fix while playing to see what would happen. it feels a lot smoother now
02/19/2018 10:46 PMPosted by highshovel
02/19/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Zhyxen

here you are: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7430171

i played about 5 matches and noticed very little in terms of FPS drops; but i didn't do the deadlock fix while playing to see what would happen. it feels a lot smoother now

it looks to me that your memory is not clocked at its rated speeds. You can fix this in the motherboard bio and change it to its rated 1600 speed. Also it looks like your cpu is overheating a little. Enough to make it drop from its turbo to close to the base clocks. dust out the pc and check the fan on the cpu cooler and case. If everything is fine it might be the thermal paste or case fan setup.
Hey there,

Just wanted to poke my head in to make sure you don't overclock that memory. Dual-channel memory like yours appears as half its rated speed on tests like this. I wouldn't recommend changing the memory clock speeds. Unless you manually touched the RAM clock speed yourself, it likely is running properly. Your benchmark is also doing much better now that you've got the memory in the proper channels, looks like. ^^

Glad things appear to have smoothed out. We're moving to the new forums at this point, so if you need more help, please let us know here!