Sick of 1 tricks

Competitive Discussion
New comp system not fixing anything
Keep finding un co operative 1 tricks in games back to back forcing me to play support mostly which is making the game boring

Do you think they will eventually add some sort of better q system
I doubt there will be a role q system, but who knows. Also I feel for you one tricks are annoying to have on your team.
You can't ban nor punish one tricks.
blizzards biggest fear is an actual usable team comp generator.

they know one tricks dont fit into it and they will experience some negative effect like drastically increased queue time because literally no one wants one on their team, or an outright effective ban because they cant get a match to begin with.

if players all went into a 6v6 before hand, you just wouldn't see off meta heroes played at all unless it was a goon squad literally just out to have fun.

its not that people despise one tricks, or usable ones. its that they will eventually be hard countered, and you will be trapped in a 5v7 right on the spot just by matchmaking. forced losses are real, you create them.
I'm down 375sr right now trying to be more flex this season then past season, back to 1 tricking season 9
I'd rather have a 1 trick that knows what they're doing than someone flex a hero they suck at.
02/18/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Wolfie
Keep finding un co operative 1 tricks in games back to back forcing me to play support mostly which is making the game boring

If you get bored playing support then why are you even playing this game? Support requires the most cognitive application then any of the other roles. You have to pay attention to so much and make split second decisions that can determine the outcome of a match. So much rides on you being on your A game.

One second too late on reacting to a critical health team mate and you could lose a key player on your team. You could miss an opportunity to shut down a game winning ult because you were not paying attention to the enemy ult economy. You could lose a fight because you were not paying attention and missed the opportunity to have slept the Winston as he dove over the well on Illios.

If you think that is boring then I think this really isn't a game for you.
02/18/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Mooshi
I'd rather have a 1 trick that knows what they're doing than someone flex a hero they suck at.

I don't know honestly.

I remember one game swapping to Winston, who I couldn't play at the time to counter the enemy team's one-trick Widow.

You know what? It worked. All I did was just chase her down every time I saw her and we won the game. Sure I died quite a bit, but because all the Widow could do was play Widow it ended up being an easy win, even though I was a bad Winston player.

Part of the game is about countering enemy heroes. Widow not working against Orisa and Reinhart? Try Junkrat or Bastion etc etc.

You can't deny that countering heroes makes up at least a small part of the game, and if that is what is needed, I would rather win because someone flexed and not lose because my pick was irrelevant for the match-up.
02/18/2018 05:23 PMPosted by GRIMSDOTTIR

But you can ban for throwing and abusive chat, so feeding or being toxic are still viable ways to get rid of them.
02/18/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Kryogenek
I'm down 375sr right now trying to be more flex this season then past season, back to 1 tricking season 9

Only switch heroes if you REALLY think its going to make a difference. Swapping to another tank when your current dps sucks will only delay the inevitable.

Nothing frustrates me more than actually getting work done on my pick switching thinking its going to change something and we still end up losing pretty easily.

I am done switching to tanks this season. I am having pretty much no luck tanking this season. Where as last season I couldnt win on dps for whatever reason but did better as a tank.
02/19/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Sallian

But you can ban for throwing and abusive chat, so feeding or being toxic are still viable ways to get rid of them.

So you're admitting to filing false reports then?
02/19/2018 02:36 AMPosted by Moolikecowzz

What part of that is false reporting?
02/18/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Pokadotdurr
02/18/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Wolfie

If you get bored playing support then why are you even playing this game? Support requires the most cognitive application then any of the other roles. You have to pay attention to so much and make split second decisions that can determine the outcome of a match. So much rides on you being on your A game.

One second too late on reacting to a critical health team mate and you could lose a key player on your team. You could miss an opportunity to shut down a game winning ult because you were not paying attention to the enemy ult economy. You could lose a fight because you were not paying attention and missed the opportunity to have slept the Winston as he dove over the well on Illios.

If you think that is boring then I think this really isn't a game for you.

Its not up to you what he plays and that is the problem that you and people like yourself do not get. I DO understand your frustration BUT I also recognize people's right to play the game and choose.

More importantly, I also realize the REALITY that people like yourself are not their bosses and you can't tell people what game to play and how, it is not your place to do so. You are JUST another player in the game, no one else, nothing special with any authoritative ability here.

Stop trying to boss people around. The more you do, the more you will get tilted... because you have no right to do so to a complete stranger. All you can control and focus on is yourself.

ONLY if they actually are being abusive or toxic.... Being a one trick is not either one on its own.

If they choose a character you don't like - NOT TOXIC.
If they say NO when requested (more likely demanded- lets be honest) to swap - Still not Toxic.
If they start cussing at you for continuously saying "FFS switch now". Both of you are actually toxic.

If they are legitimately feeding it has to be proven in the server clip - IE they are jumping off cliffs or running into the enemy team over and over and never firing their gun.

Otherwise, you are false reporting- and you are the one in the wrong.
02/19/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Sallian
02/19/2018 02:36 AMPosted by Moolikecowzz

What part of that is false reporting?

you do realise that people who one trick heroes dont always throw the game right? A reason they always pick that one hero might be because they feel like it is their best chance of winning. so if you call one tricks feeders by default and report them without looking at how they play their character you are indeed falsly reporting them.

of course, if the zen one trick is going all LEROY JENKINS at the enemy every time he is a feeder.
It seems I need to clarify is say you get a one trick widow who runs into a Genji and Winston and does nothing but feed them ulti she is feeding, and do I really need to explain what toxic is some people react really badly to requests they switch.
02/19/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Sallian
It seems I need to clarify is say you get a one trick widow who runs into a Genji and Winston and does nothing but feed them ulti she is feeding, and do I really need to explain what toxic is some people react really badly to requests they switch.

Did you say: "Switch now" "No widow" "get off widow now"...These are the most common things I see - it is rare that I hear people say to the other "Hey, do you mind switching to a tank with shield if you know how?"

Asking and demanding over and over are different. Otherwise it gets you nowhere and you still get a "no" and they may just turn off chat completely (which they also can without consequences as its not a rule to have it on). But if you demand in a rude way, are toxic about it yourself- you can get suspended for being like that. If they are like that back to you- so can they.

It is not toxic to switch- because it is not required. It is courteous and better to flex if able to- depending on what some can play.

Thing is that many fail to grasp, is that if they are a one trick- you are asking them to get on another character that they will fail at. Example- if you drive an automatic and thats all you have driven- and you suddenly have to drive a manual or a motorcycle and don't know how and have to be somewhere in 5 minutes.... how great will you do?

And before you get into (Ah well they need to learn more heroes).. yes, ideally.. but they don't have to... you are not their parent or boss. That is the major common denominator I see among many here- trying to control the other, and no one learns yet that they can't...
02/18/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Mooshi

Exactly
02/19/2018 07:46 AMPosted by MisAdventure
02/19/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Sallian

Did you say: "Switch now" "No widow" "get off widow now"...These are the most common things I see - it is rare that I hear people say to the other "Hey, do you mind switching to a tank with shield if you know how?"

Asking and demanding over and over are different. Otherwise it gets you nowhere and you still get a "no" and they may just turn off chat completely (which they also can without consequences as its not a rule to have it on). But if you demand in a rude way, are toxic about it yourself- you can get suspended for being like that. If they are like that back to you- so can they.

It is not toxic to switch- because it is not required. It is courteous and better to flex if able to- depending on what some can play.

Thing is that many fail to grasp, is that if they are a one trick- you are asking them to get on another character that they will fail at. Example- if you drive an automatic and thats all you have driven- and you suddenly have to drive a manual or a motorcycle and don't know how and have to be somewhere in 5 minutes.... how great will you do?

And before you get into (Ah well they need to learn more heroes).. yes, ideally.. but they don't have to... you are not their parent or boss. That is the major common denominator I see among many here- trying to control the other, and no one learns yet that they can't...
I think if you are going to play competitive past even say mid silver you need to know at least 3 different heroes. I am not asking for 2000 skill in a low gold match on your alternate but at least some semblance of flexibility. Sorry but if you are on junkrat and if they are running pharah/mercy and pretty much taking you out of the picture your team is not going to win a 5v6 at least not without them breaking their backs attempting doing so.

We can all agree that no one should be expected to know 10 heroes but I think you need to at least know 1 hero for each role. Or if you insist on dps know 3 different dps heroes.

If I am going to flex off a hero such as sombra (even if I am actually picking off supports hoping that a different setup can turn the tide of a match) others need to be willing to do so also.

Even as lousy as a rating range such as high silver low gold you need to have some basics down these days. You cant just 1 trick pharah to mid gold anymore drunk stoned mindlessly anymore.

They can and they should (at least in the competitive mode) because one-tricking is going to be extremely detrimental and anti-competitive in a lot of games.

The real problem is that Blizzard likes to cater to one-tricks more then actual competitively minded players so the competitive mode has turned into utter garbage and it's not getting fixed unless they allow some form of premium 3rd party matchmaking where at least you'll be guaranteed to have 12 competitively minded individuals into a match instead of hoping the other team has the !@#$test one-trick 95% of the time now.
I understand people’s views of the games and I understand if someone enjoys playing a hero they have the right to but the fact is many one tricks go into comp and just won’t swap when they are countered or attempt to fix the solution that is causing the team to loose

And it’s not that I don’t enjoy playing support I just prefer to play tank or dps but when you get 3 dps and a tank and a support and no one on dps is willing to swap then I’m stuck on support