Sick of 1 tricks

Competitive Discussion
I also find they can get toxic normally if I find they are being countered I normally ask if they would be able to swap I know it’s not my job to say what they can or can’t play but I think it’s unreasonable in a game that you need to work as a team to be open minded and listen to your team suggestions
Sparks and Polish- while "you think" and "You feel" about how a player should play and learn, it's not up to you all or anyone else but the person and Blizzard. You all get in a mundane circular debate about this and Blizzard has already spoken.

So.. either accept it and play, or look for different options. People have said this in a thousand different ways but alot of you don't grasp the concept of this yet.... and I am not trying to be mean, but you all keep thinking that suddenly it will change and it's not going to.

Blizzard's history with games has always been letting the player have freedom with their character of choice unless violation of rules.
Being an 1-trick is fine as long as you play something that can adapt and be viable.

I consider myself a genji main (i can fill and play other stuff too), but my hours will show that I am a 1-trick.

Now being a torb/sym/mercy 1 trick is not the same.. You kind of ruin the team comp making everyone play around you, which is not fun.

Before I get the hate for being a genji 1-trick, genji can kill any other hero in the game given that he's skilled enough to do it, plus his blade can take down pharahmercy and more. So it IS viable.
02/18/2018 05:23 PMPosted by GRIMSDOTTIR
You can't ban nor punish one tricks.

Nobody in this thread was even talking about that. It's like you read the title and had a knee jerk reaction and made a post without reading the OP.
02/18/2018 05:23 PMPosted by GRIMSDOTTIR
You can't ban nor punish one tricks.

you can, actually, jeff and blizzard just enjoy taking their money, so they'd rather sell it out.

I love the whole response thing they did like "let's be clear, one tricking is not reportable". no, let's be clear, you're letting a cancer infest the game for profit.

Or also the "we don't want to stifle creativity" line. whose creativity? the attack symmetra that brings nothing to a push? or maybe the KotH torbjorn who spends all game just trying to build his turret. maybe it's the hanzo who can only kill things with ult or scatter, or the widow that only hits one out of every ten body shots but never switches. you know, these heroes you yourself have SAID don't work in a lot of situations that still just get shoehorned in because one person wants to put themselves before 11 other people?

02/18/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Mooshi
I'd rather have a 1 trick that knows what they're doing than someone flex a hero they suck at.

such a common misconception.

1, you're assuming they're always good at their one trick. that is not the case. they could just like the character. there is no guarantee they play that character at any higher skill level than another character that could work with what the team needs for whichever situation you happen to be in.

2. one tricks actively hinder your team. any "extra" skill they may have on a particular character is outweighed and then some by the fact that in most cases, their character doesn't bring enough to the table, leaving extra weight having to be picked up by the rest of the team.

3. Come on now, how many characters does everyone and their mother love to shout from the rooftops "that character takes no skill!!!!"? you're telling me that all these people picked up this game and found that if they were not playing this one character out of 26, that suddenly they plummeted to the bottom of bronze? no. they play it because they don't care about the win, they don't care about you or your fun, they care about themselves, and that is it. You see, I also paid for this game. do you see me going into comp autolocking hanzo/genji every game and/or leaving chat? no, because I actually help my team. I don't put them at a detriment from the very start.
02/19/2018 01:40 PMPosted by polishpimp
I think if you are going to play competitive past even say mid silver you need to know at least 3 different heroes.

So, what you think about a enforced rule that says, after the qualifiers, that any hero that bears 40% or more of your total playtime in the season is locked from choice?

This would requires you to play at least three heroes to play beyond the qualifiers.
There's nothing inherently wrong with one-tricks. People often get good at one hero. Not everyone is good at many heros. The challenge is to make the team work from there.

If everyone refuses to flex and the team loses, then the team collectively is to blame.
02/19/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Nibelung
02/19/2018 01:40 PMPosted by polishpimp
I think if you are going to play competitive past even say mid silver you need to know at least 3 different heroes.

So, what you think about a enforced rule that says, after the qualifiers, that any hero that bears 40% or more of your total playtime in the season is locked from choice?

This would requires you to play at least three heroes to play beyond the qualifiers.
Im not saying that they have to have equal time on 3 heroes but at least know how to play 3 different heroes or something to that effect.

Sorry but junkrat 1 tricks outside of mutants like pvp jake or chro are going to be dead weight against any competent pharah/mercy combos or a good widow.

I love playing sombra but if the enemy team has competent junkrat/mcree duo I cant jeopardize my team by staying on her.

Look maining is fine I dont care if you main torb. But there does come a time when your pick isn't going to work or is going to be VERY HARD to work. Running rein on gibraltar for example sucks cause he doesnt have verticality so the making torb work is probably gonna be easier said than done. I have an over 60 percent win rate on torb btw but I switch when its obviously no longer working.

I get that it's not fair that tracers soldiers and dvas are practically never bad picks and it's an issue I wont argue that. But being a social justice warrior is not gonna help your team win games.
The developers literally come right out and address this in black and white and people STILL refuse to figure it out.The level of delusional thinking from this community is at a level I couldn't ever comprehend.

I feel like Ferris Bueller right now seeing this topic again.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0GqCd3OEQdXNdIME/giphy.gif
02/19/2018 02:48 PMPosted by MisAdventure
Sparks and Polish- while "you think" and "You feel" about how a player should play and learn, it's not up to you all or anyone else but the person and Blizzard. You all get in a mundane circular debate about this and Blizzard has already spoken.

So.. either accept it and play, or look for different options. People have said this in a thousand different ways but alot of you don't grasp the concept of this yet.... and I am not trying to be mean, but you all keep thinking that suddenly it will change and it's not going to.

Blizzard's history with games has always been letting the player have freedom with their character of choice unless violation of rules.
Then if blizzard REALLY wants to fix this issue give us a clan system. Problem is fixed. If 1 tricks want to put together a 1 trick team of 6 God bless them.