Please Rework Lucio's Boop

General Discussion
I recently stopped playing Lucio because the movement patch made him less fun than ever and with the new Sombra PTR changes, he will even more painful to play. I would like to bring up a few points regarding Lucio's Boop and how it can be effective and make him a viable pick beyond just speed.

Issues:

- New Movement Patch has made it almost useless in many cases because if you boop someone in the air, he can literally use WSAD while in the air to almost return where he was. It is difficult as it is to use it against all the dive tanks and dps.

- I would be nice to have Lucio be more effective during fights and having his boop interrupt other player's skills for .5 seconds could make him a hero that gets down and dirty and fights along side the dps and tanks and make sure he uses his skill to prevent deadly situations of his teammates.

perfectly timing it can prevent a Sombra from relocating, D.va using Defense Matrix or charging away, Doomfist doing his nutty combo. It's only .5 seconds so it's not going to be insane.. but timing wise, it could make a difference when done correctly.

from a lore perspective, think of it as a Loud noise that busts the ears of the enemy and disorient them for half a second.

- Do not use ammo for Boop.
I have always thought that the movement change was stupid. but nevermind me
Pharah also has the issue with booping them in the air and they just return to almost the same spot, would also like for this to change.
as a lucio main with 300 hours across 4 accounts i don't believe the movement changes affected him too much. He does feel "heavier" now, however its not game breaking.

as for boop i really want it to not take ammo, but the stun sounds broken, because the boop hitbox is a lot bigger than most think and flashbanging at least 3 people at once reliably in teamfights is just gross. also that stun could get environmental kills on most mobile heroes since they cant use abilities.

also you said you wish lucio would be more effective in fights? He has some of the best 1v1 potential in the game, with insane damage for a support.
02/19/2018 09:48 AMPosted by Brettuchini
as a lucio main with 300 hours across 4 accounts i don't believe the movement changes affected him too much. He does feel "heavier" now, however its not game breaking.

as for boop i really want it to not take ammo, but the stun sounds broken, because the boop hitbox is a lot bigger than most think and flashbanging at least 3 people at once reliably in teamfights is just gross. also that stun could get environmental kills on most mobile heroes since they cant use abilities.

also you said you wish lucio would be more effective in fights? He has some of the best 1v1 potential in the game, with insane damage for a support.

when I mean effective in fights, I don't mean as a 1v1.. I mean as a character that supports by interrupting attacks that might kill your fellow players. for example, currently booping a Roadhog that hooks one of your fellow players.

One that rarely works is when you boop a charging Rein. it almost always automatically locks on to the same or another target if there is one close by which is stupid.